PDA

View Full Version : Bounce Factor

nliwarrior13
05-02-2006, 07:42 AM
At what psi does any mag begin to bounce.

Doe it bounce at 900 psi?

I am thinking of getting a female stab and running it at 900 but am not sure if that is enough to give it a slight bounce?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

paintman1142
05-02-2006, 09:26 AM
it depends on your set up and even the minorest differences with your x-valve, I know ones that have bounced at 850 with the right amount of shims, and others that have done it about 15 psi higher, and others take even more sometime, i would suggest borrowing someones adjustable tank and figureing that out first before buying.

Dayspring
05-02-2006, 09:27 AM
First off, it will have to be an RT based mag. Not ALL mags will bounce.

Second, an RT mag won't "bounce" unless you set it up to or crank the pressure over the normal ammount, more than 950psi.

Also, fyi- unless your tank can put out 900psi, setting the reg to 900 won't do anything. Remember, regulate down, never up.

nliwarrior13
05-02-2006, 09:38 AM
I see.

Also because of the bounce and raise of pressure to say 1000 psi... How much worse does the efficiency get

paintman1142
05-02-2006, 09:54 AM
First off, it will have to be an RT based mag. Not ALL mags will bounce.

Second, an RT mag won't "bounce" unless you set it up to or crank the pressure over the normal ammount, more than 950psi.

Also, fyi- unless your tank can put out 900psi, setting the reg to 900 won't do anything. Remember, regulate down, never up.

X-valves with a ULT will bounce too.

Dayspring
05-02-2006, 07:27 PM
If you put too many shims in, yes.

But with a properly adjusted ULT, it won't. (The ULT pin is .770in in length. The normal RT Pro pin is anywhere from .765 for an older RT Pro to .750. The .750 is the stock classic rail length pin.)

So if you put the correct length pin in (or adjust the ULT correctly) it won't bounce.

Cow hunter
05-02-2006, 08:12 PM
If you put too many shims in, yes.

But with a properly adjusted ULT, it won't. (The ULT pin is .770in in length. The normal RT Pro pin is anywhere from .765 for an older RT Pro to .750. The .750 is the stock classic rail length pin.)

So if you put the correct length pin in (or adjust the ULT correctly) it won't bounce.
mine bounces...... ULT with 9 shims. it bounces FAR easier with a crossfire reg at 850 then my P.O.S. tank at 800

tipp-ed off
05-04-2006, 11:20 AM
I have a Mag I run at 1000 psi and 4 ULT shims with slight bounce. My other Mag is run at 1000psi, 6 ULT shims and shortened on/off and I can pull MAD bounce (over 20
BPS). I found I get better effeciency and consistancy with a tank that can go over 800psi.

Z-man
05-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Point #1- To get a Mag to bounce at all you must have an RT or X valve (yes that includes the millions of different names! E-Mag, E-Max, MicroMag RT, Retro Valve)

Point #2- To bounce an RT valved Mag with the STOCK ON/OFF you must crank the input pressure from the tank reg up to 900-1100psi (depending on how good the flow-rate of your tank is). This also means you have to have an adjustable tank system There is NO MAGIC PRESSURE and the higher it goes the stronger it gets. Your cheapo Crossfire 68/3K tank system isn't going to work.

Point #3- The ULT on/off assembly was made to eliminate any bounce from the RT based valves. It also greatly lessens the force needed to pull the trigger. Make NO mistake, when you setup the ULT on/off properly, the trigger will not bounce at 800psi, or 1200psi, it's GONE.

Point #4- People found out that if you put too many shims into the ULT (hint this means that it's NOT setup properly) that the marker will rapid-fire just like turning up the input pressure on a stock on/off valve does. The difference is that it's hard to pull the trigger and NOT have the marker rapid-fire on you. While you can quickly adjust the output pressure of your tank and tune in or out the bounce of the stock on/off RT valve, you must tear apart the valve and remove shims from the ULT to get the marker to function normally.

Point #5- Z-man's Guide to Rapid-Fire (http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/rf_disclaimer.html)

Point #6- I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico