PDA

View Full Version : Where should I get my Mag Andodized at?

Corbet
05-02-2006, 09:34 AM
I'm looking to get my Mag Andodized (most likely a solid color - lime green), and I was wondering there was any AO Andodizers? Where is the best/cheapest place to get it done?

MisterBones25
05-02-2006, 01:16 PM
i was actualy going to get my mag annoed lime green next fall, oh well i guess you called it first :cry: check out precisionpb.com or pbcustomz.com they both do great work, im going with one of those in the fall.

Corbet
05-02-2006, 01:22 PM
i was actualy going to get my mag annoed lime green next fall, oh well i guess you called it first :cry: check out precisionpb.com or pbcustomz.com they both do great work, im going with one of those in the fall.

Actually I dunno if they're willing to do this but maybe we can cut a deal and get them both annoed at the same time for cheaper? I can wait until next fall, but I'm gonna need a anno sooner or later since I'm getting my rail custom milled.

Jonno06
05-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm looking to get my Mag Andodized (most likely a solid color - lime green), and I was wondering there was any AO Andodizers? Where is the best/cheapest place to get it done?

unless you have an aftermarket aluminum body, then nowhere. you would have to get it powerdercoated.

Corbet
05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
unless you have an aftermarket aluminum body, then nowhere. you would have to get it powerdercoated.

....The ULEs can be annoed... right?

Carbon Blue
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
they can be but the ring and clip located inside the body have to be removed first. Its a real pain in the you know what to remove those things from the ULE bodies because pretty much the only way to access them are from the back. Some one reported that they forgot to remove it and it went through the anodizing process regardless and everything came out perfectly. But it is assumed that if they are left in they will melt.

Tunaman
05-02-2006, 09:35 PM
The ring and clip in the ULE body comes out in 5 seconds flat. Anyone can do it. ;)

mobsterboy
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
The ring and clip in the ULE body comes out in 5 seconds flat. Anyone can do it. ;)

yup. Done it a couple of times. Its all a matter of finding someone that has the experience and ability to do it right

craltal
05-02-2006, 10:25 PM
talk to Rainman229 about your anno needs.

www.rainman229.com

REDRT
05-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I'd send it to some place that will do it the way you want it and not what they say it should be. That place for me was PK Selective.

RavishingEddie
05-02-2006, 11:43 PM
A+ has done a good job on my annodizing. I just think they are a little on the expensive side.