PDA

View Full Version : Superbolt Good and Bad (first impressions)

Arand
12-18-2001, 10:25 PM
Just got my superbolt for my emag. I put it on, gassed up the gun and put some rounds through it. After the first 3 or 4 balls, I had a chop. Cut the ball in half and blew paint up into the elbow. First chop in months. Cleaned it up and again.. chop.

So I look in the breach and I see the superbolt sticking into the breach about 1/8 of an inch. Take the bolt off and compare to my extended nose bolt and it's exactly the same. Then I notice that the superbolt rides higher on the powertube than the regular bolt. Not sure why.

Is it possible to adjust this without sanding the bolt down?
I'll call AGD tomorrow, but i want to rip some paint tonight :) The reduction in recoil is amazing. It has less recoil than my angel with the superbolt! If this problem can be resolved, I would rate this as the best upgrade for a mag.

Arand

AGD
12-18-2001, 11:08 PM
Arand,

It apears we might have made the Superbolt sleeves .015 too long. Please see if balls hang up in the barrel opening and report back here. Also try this, using the superbolt shoot very slowly 20-30 balls and see if they chop. Then switch to the stock bolt and try it again. Please report back here.

AGD

Arand
12-18-2001, 11:36 PM
AGD,

I took a second look at the bolts. The superbolt is a bit longer than the stock extended nose bolt. If I put both bolts on the table, side by side, then put a ruler across the top of the bolts, I can clearly see that the superbolt is longer.

Firing slowly doesn't really matter. The ball gets hung up between the bolt and doesn't drop in fully into the barrel. I'm using Diablo Blaze which is pretty small too.

Let me know what is the best way to remedy the situation. Sanding?

Let me know. Tom, get some sleep :) We can fix this tomorrow.

Arand

AGD
12-18-2001, 11:38 PM
Yes you can sand it or we will have everyone send them in. See the new post in main.

AGD

Arand
12-18-2001, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. Your dedication to quality is appreciated. This is the stuff that breeds loyalty.

Arand