PDA

View Full Version : AGD-USA Closed Friday May 5th

AGD-OfficeGal
05-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Due to electrical maintenance work to be done on our building on Friday, May 5th, AGD-USA will be closed that day.

Unless something goes horribly wrong with the work, we will be back open for business at 9:00 a.m. central time Monday, May 8th.

Our online store at http://store.airgun.com will, of course, be available 24/7 to take orders.

PS: My computer has been down since Friday morning. If you have emailed me and don't have an answer, that's why. Be patient, I'm cleaning off spyware after spyware that got poured onto my hard drive.

Marcia
AGD-USA

Lohman446
05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh no... AGD's closing :eek:

You had to have seen that one coming right? :D

rkjunior303
05-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Sounds suspicious, being Cindo de Mayo and all. I think there's some sort of bash going on at AGD HQ and we weren't invited...

kingpen509
05-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Whats that sound Hmmmmmmm? I think its Coronas popping open Mmmmmmmm! Happy Cinco De Mayo!

BobTheCow
05-02-2006, 03:28 PM
What, you couldn't switch into mech mode?

Resurection
05-02-2006, 03:49 PM

Definately the best comeback I have seen/heard in a loooong time. Thank you.

geekwarrior
05-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Definately the best comeback I have seen/heard in a loooong time. Thank you.

agreed :clap:

nate2k191
05-02-2006, 04:23 PM

:rofl:

robnix
05-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Sounds suspicious, being Cindo de Mayo and all. I think there's some sort of bash going on at AGD HQ and we weren't invited...

OR, it's some sort of protest invloving margaritas and some sort of tasty tortilla wrapped munchable!

buzzboy
05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Woot I will be getting my order. I was getting worried for a momment about paypal.

etjoyride
05-02-2006, 07:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the end is near!!!

just kidding, have fun with the corona

Glickman
05-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Quick Buy Up Every Single Piece Of Automag Related Accessory Right Now!

grEnAlEins
05-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Quick Buy Up Every Single Piece Of Automag Related Accessory Right Now!
:rofl: Done and Done! :D

nirvana1234
05-02-2006, 11:53 PM
hmmm that wierd, may 5th is my court date, both incedents are horrible

Vex
05-02-2006, 11:54 PM
My vote for "Comeback of the Year"!

Tao
05-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Due to electrical maintenance work to be done on our building on Friday, May 5th, AGD-USA will be closed that day.

Unless something goes horribly wrong with the work, we will be back open for business at 9:00 a.m. central time Monday, May 8th.

Our online store at http://store.airgun.com will, of course, be available 24/7 to take orders.

PS: My computer has been down since Friday morning. If you have emailed me and don't have an answer, that's why. Be patient, I'm cleaning off spyware after spyware that got poured onto my hard drive.

Marcia
AGD-USA

Try Zone Alarm http://www.zonelabs.com
It is a firewall program and it comes with a great spyware remover too. Most importantly it has a program control feature wich asks you permission when programs what to change settings on your system. Great to keep your computer in great shape.

warpspyder
05-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Oh no... AGD's closing :eek:

You had to have seen that one coming right? :D

I cannot lie, before I actually got this thread opened that's what was going through my mind..

And I did send them an e-mail, so now I know they haven't been ignoring me :D

AGD-OfficeGal
05-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Try Zone Alarm http://www.zonelabs.com
It is a firewall program and it comes with a great spyware remover too. Most importantly it has a program control feature wich asks you permission when programs what to change settings on your system. Great to keep your computer in great shape.

Not a bad idea ... since the firewall we're supposed to have obviously didn't do JS to protect my machine. I have been fighting with this for four days now and still have serious problems. Norton Antivirus says there are no viruses. AdAware says it's Look2Me, which I already ran a removal program on.

If any of you are super-techs who understand HijackThis logs, see:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic51537.html

As for Cinco de Mayo, I'll be spending it working on landscaping ... :dance:

Marcia
AGD-USA

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
05-03-2006, 04:42 PM
If you have any questions regrading landscaping I can help

AGD-OfficeGal
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
If you have any questions regrading landscaping I can help

My drainage sucks rotten donkey eggs ... will gladly take advice!

m

buzzboy
05-03-2006, 05:19 PM
So, I have an order that I need by a certain date. Would I be able to kill my paypal order that is floating somewhere and have a credit card order?

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
05-03-2006, 05:45 PM
My drainage sucks rotten donkey eggs ... will gladly take advice!

m

Drainage of rain water away from a house ? or is it standing water (puddles in your back yard)?

If its getting water away from your house then you need to grade a pitch away from the structure to the nearest lot line. that or change your down spout layout to avoid that area.

For standing water find out where your puddle's edge is and fill it in with dirt but grade a slope into it away from the area it usually forms in.

Remember fresh dirt will sink or seetle so remember to mound it a bit. when you throw new dirt down take your grass seed and fertiziller and mix in the dirt to help it plant itself with a steel rake. then of coarse top with hay but try seed aid it works alot faster.

Tao
05-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Not a bad idea ... since the firewall we're supposed to have obviously didn't do JS to protect my machine. I have been fighting with this for four days now and still have serious problems. Norton Antivirus says there are no viruses. AdAware says it's Look2Me, which I already ran a removal program on.

Marcia
AGD-USA

Well you should like Zone Alarm. It appears that "Look2me" keeps installing itself when it detects add aware trying to fry it. the thing with Zone Alarm is it hijacks each and every program wich either tries to access the internet, change settings on your computer or anything or access another program. Zone alarm suspends the program and gives you a box saying wether you would like to allow or deny the action and wether to keep the option in the future.
You may have these dialog boxes poping up and not knowing what they are for (and indee they could be common windows tasks) but all you have to do is click deny without saving it and if this causes problems click allow the next time it appears.
Anyway if one of those "install" windows pops up again and AT THE SAME TIME a zone alarm alert comes up click "deny" AND "remeber this option".
Also in your case it will pop up an alert when your spyware tries to "jump over" your other spyware removal programs.

Ken Majors
05-03-2006, 09:00 PM
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Syncmgr - C:\WINNT\system32\c400ledm1h0a.dll

It is that file right there.
It will continue to reinstall itself every time you remove it.
One way to fix it is find this file in the registry using regedit, and remove it.
Once you do that, then run your adaware or whatever you are using and run it.
Then reboot, and search for that .dll again. It will more than likely rename itself to something very similar. Delete that one also and keep repeating the process in the registry until the damn thing gives up and goes away.
If you have the ability to uninstall whatever it is do that first. But it won't matter it will continue to reinstall until you get every last instance of it manually.
I did the very same thing when I got a brand new laptop, all that spyware came preloaded for me.
It may take you a dozen times of manually deleting a file, verifying it is gone, and then rebooting and starting over. Even after you delete all the .dll files it will still try to reinstall but it won't be able to because you deleted all of them. Hijackthis is the only program that will find this sort of crap too (to my knowledge). It works...but is time consuming and a pain in the neck.

If this is confusing...well...thank you Windoze.

Arstron
05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Marcia
AGD-USA

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!! God I am easily amused. :rofl:

BigEvil
05-04-2006, 09:33 AM
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Syncmgr - C:\WINNT\system32\c400ledm1h0a.dll

It is that file right there.
It will continue to reinstall itself every time you remove it.
One way to fix it is find this file in the registry using regedit, and remove it.
Once you do that, then run your adaware or whatever you are using and run it.
Then reboot, and search for that .dll again. It will more than likely rename itself to something very similar. Delete that one also and keep repeating the process in the registry until the damn thing gives up and goes away.
If you have the ability to uninstall whatever it is do that first. But it won't matter it will continue to reinstall until you get every last instance of it manually.
I did the very same thing when I got a brand new laptop, all that spyware came preloaded for me.
It may take you a dozen times of manually deleting a file, verifying it is gone, and then rebooting and starting over. Even after you delete all the .dll files it will still try to reinstall but it won't be able to because you deleted all of them. Hijackthis is the only program that will find this sort of crap too (to my knowledge). It works...but is time consuming and a pain in the neck.

If this is confusing...well...thank you Windoze.

There has to be a malicious .exe somewhere.

Firstly, try to run your anti-spyware in Safe mode. I find that helps greatly.

If that doesnt nail it, then check the program list on your Add/Remove programs. Remover anything that doesnt belong there.

Run anti-spyware again. If your not using both Adaware, and Spybot, you should be. Both in conjunction work well.

IF it still doesnt do the trick, go to RUN > type in MSCONFIG and hit Enter. the Microsoft configuration screen will pop open. Under the start-up options, check the "Selective Startup". Next it gets a little tricky. Click the "STARTUP" tab on the top right of the box. Every box that is checked will be another program that automatically runs when you turn the computer on. More than likely, your cuplprit is on that list somewhere. You will have to try and figure out what is what, and cun-check the ones that you dont want running. If you screw up, you can re-start (in safemode if needed) and just re-check them. The computer will prompt you to reboot after you have made changes.

Once you are done with that, re-run all of your anti-spyware and anti virus. Make sure all of them are updated before you begin.

9/10 times following the above will clear out any bugs. For sever cases, sometimes it is better to just wipe the system and reinstall the OS fresh.

If you need further help, LMK and I will do my best.
-Scott

paint magnet
05-04-2006, 10:21 PM

:hail:

stop whining buy a mag
05-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Happy Cinco De Mayo.

Did I spell that right?

buzzboy
05-05-2006, 02:15 PM
gauisus quintus maiae
^beat that with a stick and read it^

sanity
05-08-2006, 10:49 PM

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just read this thread...that is one of the greatest lines I have seen on this forum in a long time

Stealth Fighter
05-08-2006, 11:23 PM

Marcia
AGD-USA

Reboot with F8, then using your arrow keys go too "Safe Mode without Networking".

So there is no internet connection, then run AdAware and Norton.

If that doesn't get it, then it is likely in a Temp file, find the temp file it is in and delete it, or you could just delete all your temp files, then go through and run AdAware again.

If that doesn't get it, then it is in another location, like if you have downloaded music or video or uploaded something, run a quick check through your e-mail. (I even found one that managed to get one through messenger somehow that was coming from one of my contacts computers, so when we were signed on at the same time, his computer would share it's wonders with mine)

Soon as you get rid of the internet connection, terminate the temp file, and terminate the main file location, then you should have rid your self of the little bugger.

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
05-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Not to sound paranoid I wipe my XP every three months thank god!

Strider
05-09-2006, 01:09 AM
The real secret to keeping spyware back is to NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER. :p