PDA

View Full Version : Name of Pc-board component?

Mrturd
05-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Hello

A while ago I toasted my Pc-board on my X-mag and now I have decided to try to repair it myself.

I think that the faulty component is the one that I have marked in the picture below since every function on the board works except the solenoid.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12114333324.jpg&s=x402

So my question is: what is the name of this component and which are the specifications for it. If anyone could answer this or prehaps send a link to a datasheet I would be most thankfull.

// Erik

SpitFire1299
05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Hello

A while ago I toasted my Pc-board on my X-mag and now I have decided to try to repair it myself.

I think that the faulty component is the one that I have marked in the picture below since every function on the board works except the solenoid.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12114333324.jpg&s=x402

So my question is: what is the name of this component and which are the specifications for it. If anyone could answer this or prehaps send a link to a datasheet I would be most thankfull.

// Erik
I remmember a wire from the solenoid was soldered to that on my old emag.

luke
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
See if it has a part number on it and do a search at www.digikey.com

Mrturd
05-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes the soleniod is soldered to that component but the funny part is that when i power the marker up the solder melts and the wire falls off.

I'll try and search for it on digikey.com

Thank!

BigEvil
05-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Yes the soleniod is soldered to that component but the funny part is that when i power the marker up the solder melts and the wire falls off.

I'll try and search for it on digikey.com

Thank!

There probably is a short on the board somewhere. You may be better off just replacing the whole board. I know its expensive, but in the end, you might have to anyhow.

You may also want to make sure that the solder isnt touching any of the other two leads right next to it. (solenoid connection)