PDA

View Full Version : tippmann anti chop

paintballaddict_6
05-02-2006, 06:22 PM
hey guys have you seen that new tippmann anti chop system for the 98c? that is amazing! really ingenious design! almost as good as the lvl X. also, i didnt know tippmann was making airsoft guns again. ive been out of tippmann for a while, tippmanns been busy with the anti chop thing and the c-3 and airsoft. you can see a little diagram of how it works on tippmann.com homepage.

Cow hunter
05-02-2006, 06:25 PM
hey thats pretty smart......

http://tippmann.com/product_guide/actTechnology.aspx
link there

Dam that was the reason why so many tippmann guys whent to a automags so what can i sell to the tippmann guys now. i can't say that tippmanns don't chop anymore.

tell them to look at the max bps, then show them the zak vetter vids
tippman = 8
mag = 34

LONEWOLFOO1
05-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Dam that was the reason why so many tippmann guys whent to a automags so what can i sell to the tippmann guys now. i can't say that tippmanns don't chop anymore.

buzzboy
05-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Seems like a tippmann version of the spyder ACS. And what I have seen of that it is complete crap. I don't know though. Maybe the tippmann one will actually work.

StygShore
05-02-2006, 07:57 PM
quite a bit different than the ACS bolt, that bolt still engaged and used a spring tension to push the face of the bolt back. The bolt does not even engange in this design.

Styg

personman
05-02-2006, 08:05 PM
wow, that's pretty innovative.. i would have never come up with that. props to the tippmann team :)

68magOwner
05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
thats actually a really nice idea

RRfireblade
05-02-2006, 08:12 PM
That 'mod' has been floating around for years now. I've got 2 98's on the rack right now that have had that basic design in them for like 4-5 years. It's works pretty well till you get the ROF too high. Same is true of the front bolt 'slip' mod the works in a similar manner.

nate2k191
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Good idea, but besides that, i'm impressed with the C-3, runnning on propane? haha. That's pretty crazy, i'd like to shoot one.

mag_lover05
05-02-2006, 10:03 PM
hey thats pretty smart......

tell them to look at the max bps, then show them the zak vetter vids
tippman = 8
mag = 34

wrong... the custom pro e's with ACT now come with WAS boards. tippmann bought the rights to Wicked Air Sports. they will shoot in the low 20's without chopping. but you do have to wear in the ACT spring, it will chope some for the first case...then your good to go and you couldnt make it chop if you wanted it to.

nirvana1234
05-03-2006, 12:09 AM
now if they get a anti chop bolt for the A-5 thatd be nice

RavishingEddie
05-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Oh no, with the ION's dropping in price and the new ACT from Tippmann what will happen to the Spyders? What has Spyder done about this?

VFX_Fenix
05-03-2006, 03:22 AM
now if they get a anti chop bolt for the A-5 thatd be nice

Why have an antichop system with a gun that indexes a ball when the action cycles anyway? That'd be like putting an anti-chop bolt on a .22 pistol....

FinchMan
05-03-2006, 04:34 AM
Oh no, with the ION's dropping in price and the new ACT from Tippmann what will happen to the Spyders? What has Spyder done about this?

spyder had antichop stuff for a while. spyders are still the cheapest electro's you can get that aren't complete crap. (not to far off though)

BigEvil
05-03-2006, 05:57 AM
I didnt see it it said so, but is that a drop-in mod?

buzzboy
05-03-2006, 05:58 AM
wrong... the custom pro e's with ACT now come with WAS boards. tippmann bought the rights to Wicked Air Sports. they will shoot in the low 20's without chopping. but you do have to wear in the ACT spring, it will chope some for the first case...then your good to go and you couldnt make it chop if you wanted it to.
If a blowback such as tippmann can get into the 20s there is no way you are getting full cycles. The most I have seen a tippy shoot before it uncocked was like 17.

Mescalito
05-03-2006, 06:10 AM
If a blowback such as tippmann can get into the 20s there is no way you are getting full cycles. The most I have seen a tippy shoot before it uncocked was like 17.

then you haven looked hard enough. http://www.qloader.com/movies/A5qloader.wmv

Tippmann ACT is not a drop in mod, you need special recivers.

paintballaddict_6
05-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Good idea, but besides that, i'm impressed with the C-3, runnning on propane? haha. That's pretty crazy, i'd like to shoot one.

they said you can get like 50,000 shots off of one tank. :clap: they need to make a semi propane gun now tho. they tried but the gun heated up too much since the propane is igniting in the gun.

teufelhunden
05-03-2006, 01:44 PM
they said you can get like 50,000 shots off of one tank. :clap: they need to make a semi propane gun now tho. they tried but the gun heated up too much since the propane is igniting in the gun.

No, the propane is not igniting in the gun. The gun still works in the same fashion as others; expansion of a compressed gas is being directed in a manner as to propel a paintball. The propane isn't being ignited.. then it'd be a firearm.

paintballaddict_6
05-03-2006, 01:47 PM
oh... just kidding then.

osustevie
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
teufelhunden, got this from the tippman website, from the C3 users manual, FAQ section. You can download it in PDF format if you want.

7. Where else is propane used?
Propane is used safely in dozens of consumer products like
nail guns, power tools, household appliances, outdoor lighting,
camping equipment and cars. When used in these types of
items or in an internal combustion chamber like the C3TM,
propane is a convenient and effective fuel.

9. When using the marker I noticed the marker felt warm. Is
this normal?
It is normal for the marker to become very warm when shooting.

Mescalito
05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
No, the propane is not igniting in the gun. The gun still works in the same fashion as others; expansion of a compressed gas is being directed in a manner as to propel a paintball. The propane isn't being ignited.. then it'd be a firearm.

do you even know wtf youre talking about? the c3 DOES ignite the propane. thats why it can get so many shots off the single tank.

cowboy_00
05-03-2006, 03:21 PM
dont speak unless you know, thats just dumb.

and i still like the LVL 10 more.

NukeGoose
05-03-2006, 07:31 PM

With Tippmann’s new PEP approach, the power comes not from the storage pressure of the propane, but from the volume of hot carbon dioxide and water vapor produced in a small controlled explosion. It is these two gasses, which expand behind the ball, giving it speed. In operation, the C3 is, in many ways similar to the internal combustion engine of an automobile.

http://warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/tippmann/C3/

That antichop mechanism looks pretty nice. Definate props to whoever designed that. It'd probably sell better if it integrated into the stock clamshell though.

mag_lover05
05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
kingmans electra now has eyes....funny, 10 years ago this would have been the ego of today and selling for 1000+

teufelhunden
05-04-2006, 11:31 AM
My apologies, I figured the c3 worked like an airsoft gun; seems logical.

Anyway, given this information, what good is it anyway if it takes you 900 years to go through 50k shots?

nate2k191
05-04-2006, 12:53 PM
My apologies, I figured the c3 worked like an airsoft gun; seems logical.

Anyway, given this information, what good is it anyway if it takes you 900 years to go through 50k shots?

that means you only buy 1 tank and you dont have to worry about running out/filling so its ideal for the "backyard" scenario/rec players, as long as they wear masks and use barrel pugs.

teufelhunden
05-04-2006, 02:41 PM
that means you only buy 1 tank and you dont have to worry about running out/filling so its ideal for the "backyard" scenario/rec players, as long as they wear masks and use barrel pugs.

You still have to go buy paint and stuff.. and, at least around my area, everywhere that sells paint can fill tanks [including good old walmart].. so I still fail to see the attraction.

Mescalito
05-04-2006, 03:25 PM
You still have to go buy paint and stuff.. and, at least around my area, everywhere that sells paint can fill tanks [including good old walmart].. so I still fail to see the attraction.

Not everyone who plays paintball lives in your area... there are many places where it is hard to get a fill. Are afraid of the C3 or something? you start off by talking out of your *** about it and now you just knock it.

nate2k191
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM

you can take paint with you, you cant take a fill station.

Hexis
05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
you can take paint with you, you cant take a fill station.

Well you can, but it's a lot more work.

PnueMagger
05-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I know many people that get paint shipped to them by the case. Just think... No more playing feilds :)

I love outlawball with my freinds. I just wish the thing was semiautomatic. Why is that such a restriction for this anyways? Cant it just blow back with the ignition?

b e n
05-04-2006, 04:52 PM
No it needs the pump to put in a set amount of gas.

paintballaddict_6
05-04-2006, 07:17 PM
you could take a scuba tank, if you use compressed air...

paint magnet
05-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I know many people that get paint shipped to them by the case. Just think... No more playing feilds :)

I love outlawball with my freinds. I just wish the thing was semiautomatic. Why is that such a restriction for this anyways? Cant it just blow back with the ignition?

Yes, you can...the problem is the heat issue. The gun obviously heats up rather quickly when it fires, which isn't a problem with pump guns because the rate of fire is inherently restricted. Make the gun semi and it might work fine for short bursts of even sustained strings at slow rates of fire, but once it starts heating up then you have problems (i.e., paint melting).

There seems to be a general trend to make paintball markers shoot more like real guns lately That's all well and good given the advantages of consistency, accuracy, compactness and the like, but the more you make it shoot like a gun, the more it's going to have the drawbacks as well (like overheating or the fact that you can't shoot people with it anymore because it's too dangerous).