PDA

View Full Version : ideas/help on Z-grip electro or pnuematic

Aeronautica86
05-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Well I bought a Z-grip with the intention of putting it on my classic RT, but it doesn't fit (its for the AM/MM) and no one wants to trade, so I'm thinking of buying the right type of Z-grip for that mag and using the one I've already got to make a Z-gripped electro or pnuemag. I think doing a Pnuemag with this frame wouldn't be too hard so I won't ask about that directly.

So my questions are, how could I go about turning the z-grip into an electro frame? The only things I know I would need are a board of some sort (mini-morlock, pred 2, t-board???) a solenoid that will fit in this frame and work properly on a (hopefully) 9v battery...If I went this direction I would definately put in eyes. So what else would I need to do something like this?

Obviously the other choice is going with a pnuemag...opinions on electro vs pnuemag Z-grip?

LinearGoose
05-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Yo bro im been thinking of doing this to my zgrip to also. So someone help us out.

Cow hunter
05-02-2006, 09:05 PM
id talk to luke about getting it ULE'd/ milled out because the Z grip has quite a bit of heft to it, and it might be a bit tight to cram all those electronics/pneumatics in there

grEnAlEins
05-02-2006, 09:07 PM
id talk to luke about getting it ULE'd/ milled out because the Z grip has quite a bit of heft to it, and it might be a bit tight to cram all those electronics/pneumatics in there
I was thinking bout doin it to my new Z, but then I decided not to. Talking to Luke is the bout ULEing is the first thing I would do :cheers:

Aeronautica86
05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm not really concerned with the weight of the grip, any milling that I would do to it would simply be to accommodate the electronics/pnuematics so I don't want to send it out just to get it milled out yet

LinearGoose
05-02-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm not really concerned with the weight of the grip, any milling that I would do to it would simply be to accommodate the electronics/pnuematics so I don't want to send it out just to get it milled out yet
I agree, because I like the AGD logos on my grip and I really dont want that grip pannels to cover it up or for them to be milled away.

Cow hunter
05-02-2006, 09:37 PM
when i said that i was thinking it might NEED to be done just to accomodate everything inside it. personally id go with the electro for a couple reasons
1. gas efficiency-ive heard the pneumags are absolute hogs
2. ease of use-most people could figure out how to fix/work with e-spyder electronics
3. avalibility of parts- just find a crapped out spyder/any frame you want to use the internals of
4. price? -i dont really know, but which would be cheaper?
5. modes- hey if you want em, they're there, if not, oh well
*correct if necessary

also i dont know how the pneu trigger feels, but is it any different than a mouseclick trigger?

nate2k191
05-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I agree, because I like the AGD logos on my grip and I really dont want that grip pannels to cover it up or for them to be milled away.

same! its not too heavy anyway when its on a ule'd rail/body/valve mag.

LinearGoose
05-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Maybe one of these boards will do.http://www.scenariodreams.com/productpages/primal.htm Not sure though.

Aeronautica86
05-03-2006, 12:10 AM
when i said that i was thinking it might NEED to be done just to accomodate everything inside it. personally id go with the electro for a couple reasons
1. gas efficiency-ive heard the pneumags are absolute hogs
2. ease of use-most people could figure out how to fix/work with e-spyder electronics
3. avalibility of parts- just find a crapped out spyder/any frame you want to use the internals of
4. price? -i dont really know, but which would be cheaper?
5. modes- hey if you want em, they're there, if not, oh well
*correct if necessary

also i dont know how the pneu trigger feels, but is it any different than a mouseclick trigger?

I know some milling is going to have to be done to accommodate electro internals, I just want to minimize the amount/not mill out something that needs to be there - for instance there has to be a spot for the solenoid to sit in rather than a big open hole in the grip, but yeah, so work is going to have to be done.

Also, I think you are right in that electro is going to be the way to go, I mainly ask because I think I could do a pnuemag pretty easily if I had the time, but I don't know enough about electro guns - I guess I'll have to learn.

BTW if any of the dealers here on the forum are interested in working on this with me, let me know...

Joni
05-03-2006, 01:44 AM
There is actually a nice thread on PBN(!) about different ways to upgrade mags:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1296871

It could give you some ideas on what you can do to speed up your mag.

Oh, BTW, getting your Z to fit your RT is a simple question of drilling up the hole where the banjo bolt goes. You could probably do it with a hand drill, although a drill press is preferred.

KayleAGD
05-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Maybe like this ???
http://www.kmalcom.com/P1010036%20(Small).JPG
He is correct about drilling the frame for the banjo.

GoblinGreen
05-03-2006, 07:11 AM
I ordered a standard AM/MM Y grip, which I bought from tunaman.

I also drilled the hole for the banjo bolt at the back, I was a bit sceptical about it at first cause I thought the aluminium would break, but works perfectly.

Arstron
05-03-2006, 10:01 AM
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0026.htm

That is my zgrip that is pictured and the reason I asked him about doing it is becuse I am wanting to make my zgrip pneumatic. I will have to make and mount a couple of brackets, to mount parts to, but that shouldnt be to bad. I didnt have any engraving on my zgrip so I guess its easier for me to have it done, but I think I would of done it if it had the engraving also. I am sure he would mill less so that you could use regular 45* or zgrip panels on it.

Also luke has some SS pistons for an mpa-3 that he has machined. Look under the "spart parts" section of his site for those. ;)

luke
05-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey bro your mail box is full. ;)