PDA

View Full Version : preregulated bottle question.

quasimorte
05-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Ok tell me if i get anyhting wrong.

a regulator works by limiting the space into which the gas can expand. by doing this it produces a lower pressure outbut. the size of the passageways, will dictate how fast the refill and thus recycle rates of the target chamber. my question has to do with resultant pressure. if i take a tank pressured at 3000psi and reg it down to 850psi, the number of shots is dictated by the size of the regulator( if a full shot = a full reg degassing). as long as the pressure inside the tank remains above the regulated output pressure the reg pressure will not drop, right? so as long as the pressure going into the mag remains constant the responce bounce on the trigger should be constant, right?
ok tell me what i got wrong and what was wrong with it. just trying to fully understand the gas cycle.

thanks all

p.s. sorry for any misspelling :)

pump
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
a regulator works by limiting the air into a space which the gas can expand
maybe this one more gooder?

FinchMan
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
not sure where to start...

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/maxflo.html

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/movingbasereg.gif

quasimorte
05-02-2006, 10:42 PM
ok so i had a bad start for the post :) what about the rest of what i said. thanks for the link that helps alot.

Joni
05-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm not 100% on how regs work, but this is what I know:

There is a ratio in regs of input pressure:output pressure, i.e if the ratio is 100:1, the output pressure changes 1 psi when the input pressure changes 100 psi.

This means that when the pressure in the tank lowers, the output pressure changes a little, usually not enough to make a difference though.

For a reg to work optimally, the input pressure should be ~200 psi higher than the output pressure. This means that if your output pressure is 800 from your tank reg, you should have at least 1000 psi for the reg to get good recharge.

You were right about the fact that if the input pressure to the mag valve is steady, the reactivity stays the same.

I hope that I helped