PDA

View Full Version : Who remembers!

Strykerjoe
05-03-2006, 02:48 AM
I've owned my mag sence 93' and played tourney ball(Back when it was woodsball!)during that time.Stopped tourney ball in 94' or 95' ,started back up in 00' and stopped again.Now started back up but not interrested in airball or areanaball!My question is I have a Venom Wizard on & off, Shocktech regulator body and a Smart Parts bolt.I've just switched to air from a remote line co2 set up.Wundering how much dinfference there is with a X-valve or what I should change! I will never give up my mag for a elec. gun!!! :D

BigEvil
05-03-2006, 09:18 AM
MAJOR MAJOR difference.

It have a LVL10 as standard equipment (If you dont have one)

If you like a reactive trigger, you can keep the stock on/off valve, OR
if you like a nice soft almost walkable trigger, you can put a ULT on/off in.

Putting an Xvalve in you mag is like taking a 4cyl out of a car and replacing it with an 8cyl. Its basically designed for speed, with little to no velocity drop-off.

Strykerjoe
05-03-2006, 08:42 PM
MAJOR MAJOR difference.

It have a LVL10 as standard equipment (If you dont have one)

If you like a reactive trigger, you can keep the stock on/off valve, OR
if you like a nice soft almost walkable trigger, you can put a ULT on/off in.

Putting an Xvalve in you mag is like taking a 4cyl out of a car and replacing it with an 8cyl. Its basically designed for speed, with little to no velocity drop-off.
Do you know if the ULT on/off will work in my valve body? I also found a ANS max flo on/off in my junk,the Venom is cross cut deeper than a old stock one and the ANS is really hoged out.Shocktec reg. body is got a venturey hole pattern drilled around the outer rim.The bolt is a Smarts or ANS venturey bolt not sure(to long ago)! Thanks for the help! Oh I have a Inteli frame(two fingure) coming and a power feed on its way.I would like to stick with what look like a old mag.

buzzboy
05-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Do you know if the ULT on/off will work in my valve body? I also found a ANS max flo on/off in my junk,the Venom is cross cut deeper than a old stock one and the ANS is really hoged out.Shocktec reg. body is got a venturey hole pattern drilled around the outer rim.The bolt is a Smarts or ANS venturey bolt not sure(to long ago)! Thanks for the help! Oh I have a Inteli frame(two fingure) coming and a power feed on its way.I would like to stick with what look like a old mag.
It will work but not very well. Mine had bolt stick with the ULT. It is only for the RT Valves.

BigEvil
05-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Its hit or miss with the Classic valves. I had one that I got to work pretty well, but I understand that it is very easy to short stroke.

The Classic valve doesnt have enough psi resetting the on/off pin to make it work 100% reliably. Thats why AGD never recomended them for the old valves.

Also, the ULT will only work in valves with 2 oring on/off tops. These are the Xvalves and ones that say EMAG on them.

rb211
05-07-2006, 10:30 PM
If you want to drop the trigger pull weight a little, get a RT on/off. I'm using one in my Minimag. Made a nice difference, and it will drop in without any mods to the valve. You can try a ULT, but as stated above, it is hit or miss as far as it working.

Strykerjoe
05-08-2006, 12:07 AM
I've been going around buying what I can find in local shops!(at discount prices) I just picked up a ANS phase 2 reg. body and ordered a retro x-valve! I take it that its the same thing as a X-VALVE??

Strykerjoe
05-10-2006, 04:05 AM
Inteli hooked up to a rev.;power feed;X-valve with Lvl10;and on air now! vintage 93' mag set up with the best of what I can get in todays world and "I'm still in love with my mag"! Will never stop shootting my mag or get anything else!!! :cheers:

rb211
05-10-2006, 10:28 PM
:shooting: