PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this "infrared" barrel?

PnueMagger
05-04-2006, 10:43 AM
http://www.predatorgames.com/

some kind of alternative to shooting real paintballs and saving $$ while practicing. Isn't dryfiring your marker (like this impies) HORRIBLE??
For the price of a few cases of paint, couln't you get some reballs and use those? Or is this superior to reball?

------------
EDIT: wonder if it takes freak inserts or has an interchangable bore

Rudz
05-04-2006, 11:08 AM
you still have to use air...so well meh...

thecavemankevin
05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
EDIT: wonder if it takes freak inserts or has an interchangable bore

looks kinda neat. wonder how well it works..????

why would it need inesrts? you're not going to use this with paint....in fact i doubt paint would fit in it. It likely has circutry and batteriess going down the lenght of the barrel. Using paint likely would mess it up.

PnueMagger
05-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I was joking...

Hook, line, and sinker. :p

But really, a marker that doesn't hurl things through the air at +200mph isnt really that fun. It's just a waste of air.

evildead420
05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Definitely Not Laser Tag
The Predator is definitely not a standard laser tag system.

for what i read, that statement is :tard:

rx2
05-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Dry firing a real firearm can damage the firing pin (the primer actually acts as a bit of a shock absorber). However, dry firing a marker only reduces the effective life of your marker by the number of shots that you dry fire it for. The effect of a paintball in the chamber is so miniscule that there is really no difference in wear between dry firing and firing with a paintball. Plus, most markers have springs or bumpers in them which help to absorb shock.

PnueMagger
05-04-2006, 01:05 PM
what if it's a solnoid fired gun, such as a shocker/hypermag/ion/angel and there isno air input. Is this bad for the noid? Is it bad to shoot air from an egun w/out paint?

Banshee23
05-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Nope, it won't hurt the marker at all

nate2k191
05-04-2006, 02:54 PM
i wouldn't consider buying it. The reason i paintball is for the mess and pain. laser tag isn't rewarding, or as fun.

personman
05-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Dry firing isnt harmful to your marker. It's harmful to your gas efficiency though, because there is no residual pressure. Its not a huge thing though.

bentothejam1n
05-04-2006, 06:02 PM
actually i was doing some reading on efficiency on an old post and it said that when you shoot a paintball there is 50psi left in the dump chamber. But when you dire fire it all goes away. So you might be losing a considerable amount of efficiency

Pyroboy597
05-04-2006, 06:14 PM
One of the lamest gimmicks ever in paintball...

thecavemankevin
05-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Dry firing isnt harmful to your marker. It's harmful to your gas efficiency though, because there is no residual pressure. Its not a huge thing though.

so drop the pressure your gun fires at (if you can). drop it down to just enough for the gun to cycle well and the barrel to sense the fireing.

Toll
05-05-2006, 11:38 AM
It'd be alright if you're a kid who wants to play laser tag...Pick up some cheap brass eagle POS for 20 bucks, this barrel and a big co2 tank....Cheap laser tag.

fat_teddy
05-05-2006, 04:37 PM
this is aimed 4 practice and its just stupid cuz a paintball doesent go laser straight it curves i predict it wont last long though but that may just be me

personman
05-05-2006, 06:33 PM
It'd be alright if you're a kid who wants to play laser tag...Pick up some cheap brass eagle POS for 20 bucks, this barrel and a big co2 tank....Cheap laser tag.
cheap lazer tag for ~150?? i'll bet you could buy an army's worth of lazer guns for 150.. :p

Miscue
05-06-2006, 02:20 AM
Here's an idea: Why not use a Laser Tag gun instead?

usagi_tetsu
05-06-2006, 06:24 AM
An interesting idea. I for one do practice at home just hefting my marker setups and aiming at things while on the computer or watching TV (known as The Lazy Man's Way of Practicing), as it helps you get used to handling the marker. I don't know how much this will help your aim out, though it is about the same price as some regular barrels out there, so I'm sure they'll sell a few of 'em. Paintballers love gimmicks.