PDA

View Full Version : RT on/off in Classic Valve

egb groupie
05-04-2006, 05:26 PM
I've heard that putting an RT on/off in a Classic valve lowers the trigger pull somewhat. I know that you can't get any reactivity out of it, I'm just looking for a slightly lighter trigger pull. How would I go about doing this? Can I drop one right in, or do I have to drill the valve to accomodate the bigger head of the RT on/off pin? Thanks for the help!

And please, no one say ULT, because I'm not looking for that light of a trigger/short stroking issues :)

Aeronautica86
05-04-2006, 05:41 PM
I've heard that putting an RT on/off in a Classic valve lowers the trigger pull somewhat. I know that you can't get any reactivity out of it, I'm just looking for a slightly lighter trigger pull. How would I go about doing this? Can I drop one right in, or do I have to drill the valve to accomodate the bigger head of the RT on/off pin? Thanks for the help!

And please, no one say ULT, because I'm not looking for that light of a trigger/short stroking issues :)

not sure if you are talking about the classic r/t or r/t pro, but i do know that the classic r/t on/off will not fit, not sure on the r/t pro though

rb211
05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
The RT pro on/off will work in the classic valve, I am using one in my minimag valve. It did seem to lower the pull a little bit, but I have noticed no difference in reactivity, even with 1000 psi coming in to the valve. It is a drop in fit.

PnueMagger
05-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I used one for a while in my micro. It lightens it alot. It could shortstroke though. Just not nearly as easily as a ULT in a classic. You had to almost try to shortstroke it or get super careless.

egb groupie
05-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the info guys, keep your experiences/advice coming! :headbang:

pump
05-05-2006, 04:44 AM
cool this is giving me hope when i try and use an On-Off from a Hyperframe in my AIR valve

what differences does the RT Pro have with the AIR valved mags?

PnueMagger
05-05-2006, 09:54 AM
a centerflagg on/off is a glorified RT on/off -- only older and much crappier. In a classic air valve, you can use either a ULT , RT on/off, or centerflag on off. All three will lower the pull weight alot. I recommend RTOn/off as it can be used without the Hyperframe without short stroking as much as the other two.

In an rt valve, the ULT is almost needed to get the frame into hypermode. The other two are basically the same.

pump
05-05-2006, 02:43 PM
oooooooooooh, wow didnt know

hey does someone have the Diameters of the RT On/Off pin?
also the length of the pin, and on off housing?

and your talking about the RT Pro On/Off, or just the RT On/Off?

i will have to get one!!!!

and didnt the ULT had problems with the AIR valves?

thanks for the great info!!!!!

egb groupie
05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
oooooooooooh, wow didnt know

hey does someone have the Diameters of the RT On/Off pin?
also the length of the pin, and on off housing?

and your talking about the RT Pro On/Off, or just the RT On/Off?

i will have to get one!!!!

and didnt the ULT had problems with the AIR valves?

thanks for the great info!!!!!

1. Don't know the diameter, the length is .750, same as a classic on off
2. The housing dimensions should be the same if it fits in a classic valve, the only difference is that the RTP on/off has the "wings" on the bottom and it screws together, whereas the classic is 2 piece with no "wings" and its 2 piece and doesn't screw together
3.Talking about RT Pro here.
4.ULT isn't recomended because the recharge rate of the classic valve can't keep up with the ULT itsself, so it can cause short stroking/chopping issues. Posters on AO have put ULT's in their classic vlaves, and I guess some have gotten them to work, I guess it is a hit/miss kinda deal, some valves will work with it, some won't. I have never personally seen it done.

pump
05-05-2006, 07:11 PM
great news!!! thanks!!!!!

im glad theres a way to lighten the pull of the AIR valve!!!

this summer im gonna try a hyperframe on off

i think i need to get my hands on a RT Pro on off as well

magbackforgood
05-05-2006, 10:27 PM
a centerflagg on/off is a glorified RT on/off -- only older and much crappier. In a classic air valve, you can use either a ULT , RT on/off, or centerflag on off. All three will lower the pull weight alot. I recommend RTOn/off as it can be used without the Hyperframe without short stroking as much as the other two.

In an rt valve, the ULT is almost needed to get the frame into hypermode. The other two are basically the same.

Where can you get a RT on/off? Are they sold at stores other than AGD? Like can i buy them through a local paintball dealer? Thanks for any info. :cheers:

xlr8r
05-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Where can you get a RT on/off? Are they sold at stores other than AGD? Like can i buy them through a local paintball dealer? Thanks for any info. :cheers:

www.tunamart.com

just picked up an rt pro on/off and a whole bunch of parts and oil. he's got everything you would ever need to keep your mag running right.

pump
05-07-2006, 10:28 PM
ah so RT Pro on off is same as RT, and Xvalve, but just longer pin?

when i checked tuna it said that, unless im reading wrong

"Stock on/off assy for RT, RT pro, and Xvalves. .750 pin"

also then what is this
"Emag/mag on/off assy. Comes complete with pin(.712) and quad oring"

for the mag?????

sorry im totaly noobing out