PDA

View Full Version : PTP innovates another one!

nicad
05-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Yes sir. 13 words in a claim and 6 photocopies of an off-the-shelf Tippmann/M16 collapsible shoulder stock.. walla! You are now infringing if you mount one on your pneumatic launcher --er I mean paintball gun.

http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=D515,637&OS=D515,637&RS=D515,637

What will they innovate next??

out.

edweird
05-04-2006, 11:05 PM
hooray "intellectiual property"

why cant terrorists hate the US patent office?

Jackel411
05-04-2006, 11:11 PM
TAKE THAT MIL-SIMMERS!!!

Well.. honestly.. they were the first to do it after Sheridan made some custom ones for early PMI-3's

bentothejam1n
05-05-2006, 03:15 PM
you had my hopes up :p

GT
05-05-2006, 04:36 PM
maybe I'm lost here, but doesn't the stock itself infringe on the orginal stock from the actual firearm?

RRfireblade
05-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Hmm.....

Bitter much? :)

RRfireblade
05-05-2006, 05:37 PM
FYI , it not an "off the shelf" stock , it a PTP designed and develped intregated stock adapter with an 'off the shelf" back end on it. It's a design that PTP worked with an outside contractor , did all the leg work on , had molds made and designs finalized , had a deal with and were 'dealing' with said contractor and THEN said outside contractor went around our agreement , undercut our own pricing and contacted and attempted to and has sold directly to PTP dealers. Costing PTP 10's of thousands of dollars at least.

This Patent is just a design patent and was filed with the hopefull intent of stopping a supposed close business partner from stabbing them in the back for no good reason and costing them more money than most people make in a few years.

But that's fine, joke all you want. It's really funny when the 'little guy' get's screwed...isn't it. :tard:

Dark Frost17
05-05-2006, 07:01 PM
i dont see anything

RRfireblade
05-05-2006, 07:04 PM
You have to have a viewer like interna-tiff or other tiff viewer to see it. It's just a pic of a PTP 6 position M98 stock , might an A5 one there also. I didn't look at the pics.

mobsterboy
05-05-2006, 07:46 PM
You have to have a viewer like interna-tiff or other tiff viewer to see it. It's just a pic of a PTP 6 position M98 stock , might an A5 one there also. I didn't look at the pics.

i dont see why you even like PTP anymore, let alone work for them when they kill a good product like a pneumatic trigger with a patent. I really could have cared less if they killed other ppl's plans to make one, AND CAME OUT WITH THEIR OWN ON THE SPOT. but the market is gone for them now, the Ion is out and many a mag fan is now an Ion man because the products were being stonewalled from within.

I saw your pneumag too, it was hella sweet, and there was a mass amount of response to it, so why do they not come out with it? I'm kinda wondering how PTP is still alive in the first place.

Stealth Fighter
05-05-2006, 08:30 PM
i dont see why you even like PTP anymore, let alone work for them when they kill a good product like a pneumatic trigger with a patent. I really could have cared less if they killed other ppl's plans to make one, AND CAME OUT WITH THEIR OWN ON THE SPOT. but the market is gone for them now, the Ion is out and many a mag fan is now an Ion man because the products were being stonewalled from within.

I saw your pneumag too, it was hella sweet, and there was a mass amount of response to it, so why do they not come out with it? I'm kinda wondering how PTP is still alive in the first place.

Thats why everyone hates the big companies, they think it's funny to screw the little guys. (like RR posted above, it's funny to screw the little guys, atleast to the big companies it is).

But that's what makes capitalism so great, the competition and the ability to crush it.

Supposedly the frames are on the mills, but it took some 5 years to get this far, so look forward to PTP actually launching a product around Christmas.

RRfireblade
05-05-2006, 08:31 PM
What most of you haters have no idea about is PTP IS and always has been Forest and Tracy Hatcher. 2 caring people w/ 4 wonderful children and thier entire life devoted to Paintball in every regard. 20+ years of nothing but love for the sport with little and often no personal gain. They've been there since SP was (barely) a 2 bit barrel company , Youngblood was running around playing ball in a suit and Tom was pushing a prototype semi at small events with little more than a folding table.

Either of them would give thier last dollar to a friend in need and have done so many times. The only reason that TINY family business known as PTP has survived that long is by doing business as it was meant to be done...fairly and honestly in EVERY aspect. That attutude has done not much more then get them copied , ripped off and taken advantage of by most of the large and powerful companies currently ruining the sport.

The trigger Patent has done WAY more than you apparently can comprehend. It's been licensed to arguable the largest paintball conglomerate in the industry and has and still is being developed and marketed in a number of products both paintball and otherwise. It's being used precisely as it was intended and finally after MANY years of expense , has begun to be worth the effort.

I'm sorry the AGD has had no interest in PTP partnership and no interest in new products period. That is not PTP problem nor is it thier responsibility. In time there will be a Pneumatic Mag from PTP....when it's at 'thier' convenience. Right now it has not been so. Not that it's any of 'your' business but Forest has been terribly ill with a life threatning virus and in the hospital for quite some time. That has held up the Pneumag even more , sorry but there's nothing to be done about that at this time as they have far more important issues going on than the demand for a small production , low volume product. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Nicad has claimed from the beginning and has stated since that :

#1) He is NOT infringing on the PTP Patent.

#2) He has had a Patent App in on his trigger

#3) He has been granted a Patent on 'something' related to the trigger (still haven't seen anything yet)

Therefore....

No one 'apparently' is holding anyone up from doing anything , "killed nothing what so ever" and 'apparently' never has.

So what's your problem with PTP again? ;)

FYI , I am no longer on PTP payroll but if asked I would do anything with in my power to do if they were to ask. They are family to me and always will be.

jenarelJAM
05-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Tell him to get well soon for me. No matter what, his life is more important than a few trigger frames.
I figure the people who just can't wait to get a pneumag can make their own. Plenty have. It's a shame, but we can't have everything we want.

Rudz
05-06-2006, 02:04 AM
somehow i think nicad isnt as much bitter over the stock patent as he is the hair trigger patent...internal issues...

Glickman
05-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Thats why everyone hates the big companies, they think it's funny to screw the little guys. (like RR posted above, it's funny to screw the little guys, atleast to the big companies it is).

But that's what makes capitalism so great, the competition and the ability to crush it.

Supposedly the frames are on the mills, but it took some 5 years to get this far, so look forward to PTP actually launching a product around Christmas.

holy crap, capitalism???!?!?

just when i thought that all of AO was beginning to become pink ;)

GT
05-06-2006, 10:55 AM
One day, when the money is there, all of this will be settled in court. Then we can all see how iron clad the patents are.

mobsterboy
05-06-2006, 12:48 PM
their convenience doesnt make the market.

THis is gonna sound cold, harsh and unreasonable, but a thing like an illness that sets back a product could sink your company. Their window for this was years ago, and barely anyone that cared then still care now. Hell, i would have bought one, but now the challenge of making my own is too intriguing for me to just go and buy one now, and most other maggers that really wanted a pneumag already figured out this same concept.

if the demand is up, the supply better be up. If the demand is up and the supply is none, the interest decreases.

you make it sound like they've been biding their time for something extravagant to happen, like a mass electro strike or something, well they can keep waiting then.

I really dont care what you say about this from this point on, because your views are tainted by a family-like friendship and no matter how right i am, you will always try and defend them. Its not a bad thing for you to want to defend them, its just not always rational.

I really do hope Forest gets better.

warbeak2099
05-06-2006, 02:09 PM
You guys are being ignorant morons. Jay gave you the reason why this patent came out and the situation with PTP. It was not only logical and rational, but it's probably true as I don't see why Jay would lie. But you've all decided to ignore that so you can put the blame somewhere. Someone has to be blamed for everything. That's the incredibly immature and idiotic way you people act on a day to day basis and most everyone is sick of it. Cut the crap and grow up.

I'm sorry that every company on the market doesn't wait on the smallest demographic in the industry hand and foot. Oh, maybe they should do the right thing and become poor to make 500 people out of 8 million happy. Get a damn grip. PTP is doing what they need to do to sustain themselves lest they cease to be able to cater to anyone. And that's what every company on the market does no matter what you think. A company does what they do in their own self interests. We each do what we do in our own self interests. Countries do what they do in their own self interests. It's how the world works. Only so many people are going to baby you all for the rest of your lives, making you feel better about every little bad thing that happens. At some point you're going to have to wake up and smell the roses. Because, no one is going to want to put up with an adult that acts like a 12yo. And if you don't like it, move to China. You can live your "utopian" communist dreams there.

Rock on Jay and rock on PTP :headbang:
People who have done so much for our sport shouldn't be treated as filth like this. You guys deserve better. And so again, rock on.

RRfireblade
05-06-2006, 05:46 PM
their convenience doesnt make the market.

THis is gonna sound cold, harsh and unreasonable, but a thing like an illness that sets back a product could sink your company. Their window for this was years ago, and barely anyone that cared then still care now. Hell, i would have bought one, but now the challenge of making my own is too intriguing for me to just go and buy one now, and most other maggers that really wanted a pneumag already figured out this same concept.

if the demand is up, the supply better be up. If the demand is up and the supply is none, the interest decreases.

you make it sound like they've been biding their time for something extravagant to happen, like a mass electro strike or something, well they can keep waiting then.

I really dont care what you say about this from this point on, because your views are tainted by a family-like friendship and no matter how right i am, you will always try and defend them. Its not a bad thing for you to want to defend them, its just not always rational.

I really do hope Forest gets better.

"A" demand for it HAS been met already. The Patent HAS been exploited to a large percentage of it's potential. Only a very TINY portion of it's potential pertained to the Automag (even way back when) and not enough to make a difference in the big picture.

In terms of 'extravagant'....yeah , it's already happened and with company 100X the size of AGD and PTP put together.

So , thanks for your concern. :D

And thanks for your kind wished to Forest, I will be sure to pass it on.

hitech
05-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Regardless of how good PTP are as people (and I honestly do not doubt you at all) or what good reasons they have for getting that patent, it NEVER should have been issued. It is the epitome of what is wrong with the patent office/process...

:cheers:

Sorry to hear about Forest. If he is who I think he is I met him a long time ago and found him to be a stand up guy. My best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.