PDA

View Full Version : Know what's happened to Deadlywind?

st6212
05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Has anyone been in contact with Deadlywind recently?

I've not gotten a response from them for a few weeks now.

nicad
05-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Still here... most of the time. :)
Working overtime on some really cool stuff, both mag and non-mag related. Related to this work I have been out of the office quite a bit here lately. I try to stay on top of email and phone messages, but sometimes some slip past me.

What were ya needing?

RapidTransit
05-05-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm in need of a one off slug being milled, I mailed several times with no response. :cry: Possibly a second one if I can get my hands on another slug.

st6212
05-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi Colin,

Just tried to PM you but your inbox is full :)

I e-mailed you a few weeks ago with regards to getting some custom milling done on a Karta Rail and a Karta body.

I e-mailed a picture attachment of the Rail work I wanted to get done. Also if I was able to get my hands on a slug body, that I could get it turned into a Karta body, with a slight modification to it.

I know that your currently quite busy judging from the last e-mail I got from you, so I apologise for pestering you, but I'm really keen to get this done.

I am willing to wait while you get your current projects out the way.

Thanks!

DeVioSiTY
05-21-2006, 02:18 PM
So any new AGD slugs in sight, yet? Those are amazing bodies, I just saw a bunch go for sale on ebay for $450 buy it now. Now I feel sorry I waited so long to get back on the AO threads.

DeVioSiTY
05-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Speakeasy of DeadlyWind are those Whisper barrels available yet?

nicad
05-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Barrels are moving along.. SLOWLY. Aside from (cough)Ion(/cough) body kits, barrels is/will be our main product line for now.. so we are putting a lot of effort into them.
PLEASE do not hold me to this, but I understand we will have the material in in about 4 weeks, maybe 5.

It is taking so long for two main reasons:
1) CF shortage- it is not easy to get ahold of it (I don't mean buy a 1ft piece off eBay.. that's easy :) ).
2) So far we have gone through 2 different suppliers so far, but both of them failed our QC requirements. We could have been shipping out barrels a month ago, but they would have been crap... :cool:

st6212- I got your email and replied a while back.. did you get that?
RapidTransit- What is your email address? Send it again.. I do not recall if I replied to it or not.

out!

st6212
05-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi Nicad,

This thread is a bit old, so yeah I got your reply, thanks. :)

I've also replied back. You should have gotten an e-mail from me last week I think it was. If you didn't receive it, let me know and I'll send it again.

Barrels are moving along.. SLOWLY. Aside from (cough)Ion(/cough) body kits, barrels is/will be our main product line for now.. so we are putting a lot of effort into them.
PLEASE do not hold me to this, but I understand we will have the material in in about 4 weeks, maybe 5.

It is taking so long for two main reasons:
1) CF shortage- it is not easy to get ahold of it (I don't mean buy a 1ft piece off eBay.. that's easy :) ).
2) So far we have gone through 2 different suppliers so far, but both of them failed our QC requirements. We could have been shipping out barrels a month ago, but they would have been crap... :cool:

st6212- I got your email and replied a while back.. did you get that?
RapidTransit- What is your email address? Send it again.. I do not recall if I replied to it or not.

out!

DeVioSiTY
05-26-2006, 02:35 AM
I can tap some contacts I have for Carbon fiber. I have friends that make car parts and panels from CF for racing. I guess the hard part is shipping it though especially with a 5ft wide sheet sold by the yard. I'm just dying for a nice large bore barrel (.697) for my Zbody that's on it's way. If you need someone to do QA testing let me know. :D

Jdogg
05-30-2006, 08:37 PM
colin get back to me i need some milling also, and want to talk about some other stuff

REDRT
05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
colin get back to me i need some milling also, and want to talk about some other stuff
He is on Vacation till tomorrow sometime. Must be nice.

nicad
06-02-2006, 01:27 PM
..nice if it WERE a vacation. I was working 4 of the 5 days I was gone! :tard:
I have a long-time customer out of town that has me cut out a bunch of wood parts on my CNC mill.. I transport the machines there to do the job.

But yes, Saturday I was at a LAN party.. think the last one of those I was at was over 3 years ago! :p