PDA

View Full Version : problem getting barrel on

magic55
12-19-2001, 09:28 AM
I have a boomstick and it gives me more trouble than anything. it will not slide onto my mag. If i'm going to get it on i have to almost take the body off so that metal bumper thing will go low enough to get it on. my stock barrel didn't have the problem. I've greased the o rings and everything and it just won't go on. anyone know how to fix this or something?

skipdogg
12-19-2001, 11:38 AM
sell the boomstick and use your stock barrel?
Problem solved

Dave
12-19-2001, 11:46 AM
feel to see if the allen screw is portruding out too far inside the body. Be careful and dont do it with the air suppy on the gun or with paint or anything:) If it is sticking out too far, you will have to grind the screw or get a smaller one. This post should probably be in the Tech forum, but glad to be of some help when I can:)

-Dave

paintballer187
12-19-2001, 06:20 PM
i had a problem similar to yours. I had to make sure the grip frame screw on the back was only hand tightened, on my gun when I screwed the front grip frame screw on to tight i could barely get the barrel on. So what i had to do to keep my gripframe tight was put a tiny oring on the grip frame screw and it fixed the whole problem. The screw was out farther and it still held on my grip frame good enough.

nutz
12-19-2001, 06:44 PM
the body may be on too tight and try butting a drop of gun oil on the barrel threads next time u put it on...

KayleAGD
12-19-2001, 06:54 PM
The slots in the barrel are not machined deep enough.But if you ask dye tom has made automags wrong for 12 years . Maybe you can file a ramp to start the barrel detent into the grove.

speedballbanks
12-19-2001, 06:57 PM
this might sound harsh but you can try it take a really small dremel and dremel a little of that wall on the slot on the barrel my friend had this problem with his boomer and i told him i could fix it and he said whatever you can do, do it i was like are you sure and he said yeah so i said ok took a dremel and went in like the thickness of your little finger nail about a half of a centimeter into the slot and then make it like a ramp and it works like a charm and he has had no problems since then and no problems with the barrel so try it or dont try it good luck.