PDA

View Full Version : velocity problems big time!!!

classicmag68
05-06-2006, 02:27 PM
ok i start league tomarrow so im kinda stressed, so heres my problem.

my setup is a classic valve, autococker forgrip regulator and thats about it.
i can dial my gun in fine but any shooting over 5 BPS and the velocity drops to like 100 FPS and then they just fall out the barrel. but if i stop an just shoot one its fine. any i deas?

egb groupie
05-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Step 1: Take off the front regulator. A.I.R Valve=Adjustable Integrated Regulator. Reassemble, test-fire, report back to here.

rb211
05-06-2006, 05:13 PM
What kind of ASA are you using? The pin valve depressor could be going in too far. Ran into this on mine.

classicmag68
05-06-2006, 05:50 PM
ok im not real sure what the a.i.r valve is, but i pretty much replaced every o-RING i could and still does it, i even ran a line directly to the valve from the tank. someone said to check the regulator seat o-ring but thats brand new also. and i dont know what an asa is either, but i guess ill just try to look up pics for it. but keep coming with the tips

stoupa
05-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Step 1: Take off the front regulator. A.I.R Valve=Adjustable Integrated Regulator. Reassemble, test-fire, report back to here.

That's true. If you are using HPA, you are most probably starving the valve with your three regulators.

Coralis
05-06-2006, 10:52 PM
ASA is the part you screw the tank into .... if you screw it in too tight you can depress the valve pin too far and it starve the gun for air

classicmag68
05-06-2006, 11:40 PM
well it cant be the fore grip regulator cause i bypassed it and went straight to the valve on the body and im using a ballistics drop forward with the knob that screws in to turn on the tank and i only wind it in till i hear the gun cock, but im still lost on the A.I.R. VALVE THING anybody got a link cause i looked up the manual and i couldnt find it.

egb groupie
05-07-2006, 07:05 AM
well it cant be the fore grip regulator cause i bypassed it and went straight to the valve on the body and im using a ballistics drop forward with the knob that screws in to turn on the tank and i only wind it in till i hear the gun cock, but im still lost on the A.I.R. VALVE THING anybody got a link cause i looked up the manual and i couldnt find it.

A.I.R. Valve is just another name for the Classic Valve. You said you turn the ASA knob till you just here it cock? Turn it more...I had the same problem...turn it till it won't turn anymore, then back off a 1/4 turn.

FinalRest
05-08-2006, 08:59 PM
it says in the manual you will lose about 50 fps for every shot faster than 3 bps you need X-valve

JKR
05-08-2006, 09:19 PM
it says in the manual you will lose about 50 fps for every shot faster than 3 bps you need X-valve

Wrong... the AM/MM manual states 10-20 FPS drop at over three shots per second. Look again! ;)

FinalRest
05-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Ahhh my bad i was trying to remember off the top of my head thanx

rb211
05-10-2006, 10:40 PM
This doesn't sound like the normal FPS loss from rapid fire. This sounds like air starvation. If you are using the Psychoballistics drop, than you seem to be running into the EXACT same problem I had. I ended up having to put washers in the on/off knob on the drop so it didn't press the pin valve in too far. Air it up by turning the on/off knob 1/4 turn past where you hear the gun cock, the fire it as fast as you can, and see if you have the same problem. After each string of shots, turn the knob in further and further and see if you start running in to the problem you are having now. If you do, find some washers that will fit inside the on/off knob. Repeat what I said above and keep adding a washer to the inside of the knob until you can get the knob tight without it starving your gun.

Arstron
05-11-2006, 07:53 AM
This doesn't sound like the normal FPS loss from rapid fire. This sounds like air starvation. If you are using the Psychoballistics drop, than you seem to be running into the EXACT same problem I had. I ended up having to put washers in the on/off knob on the drop so it didn't press the pin valve in too far. Air it up by turning the on/off knob 1/4 turn past where you hear the gun cock, the fire it as fast as you can, and see if you have the same problem. After each string of shots, turn the knob in further and further and see if you start running in to the problem you are having now. If you do, find some washers that will fit inside the on/off knob. Repeat what I said above and keep adding a washer to the inside of the knob until you can get the knob tight without it starving your gun.

That is the problem exactly! I had the exact same problem with every mag that I tried my psycho ballistics bullet drop on, I eventually got rid of it in trade for a "Dead On Paintball" bullet drop. Do what RB211 suggested, or try a new drop/asa.

btw, ASA stands for Air Source Adapter, and usually refers to what your tank screws into. :cheers:

classicmag68
05-12-2006, 03:56 PM
thanks for the advice but i rebuilt the valve the morning i had to play and it shot fine all day. but i think i might still go with another drop forward.