PDA

View Full Version : Buying Used Sux :-(

buzzboy
05-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Why does buying used have to suck so much. Everything I have bought used has now given me a fit.

First was my bko. It had a reg that didn't change the pressure at all.
Next was my Rik AK. It came without a battery door and the bend sensor only worked one day out of like 10.
Then was my minimag. Has been a great gun but the mainspring boke in half(had a spair), the level 10 gave me fits and the second valve won't stop leaking worth anything.
Next comes the Revy I just bought. It works fine but the board housing is cracked and takes like an hour to reassemble.
Then lastly my warp. Worked fine for about 8-10 days of play and now the sensor( I think) has died.

Most of my purchases were from good sellers/buyers that had no trouble with what I bought/traded with them. From now on I am only going to buy new things like hoppers and such. I don't want more problems. It seems like I have spend more time/money repairing these things than I saved by buying used.

ntn4502
05-07-2006, 12:02 PM
learn how to fix your equipment?

Pyroboy597
05-07-2006, 12:02 PM
You should have just asked them if anything was wrong before you bought them (like the cracked battery housing). They had said no, then they are not good sellers and you should have sent them back.

REDRT
05-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Why does buying used have to suck so much. Everything I have bought used has now given me a fit.

First was my bko. It had a reg that didn't change the pressure at all.
Next was my Rik AK. It came without a battery door and the bend sensor only worked one day out of like 10.
Then was my minimag. Has been a great gun but the mainspring boke in half(had a spair), the level 10 gave me fits and the second valve won't stop leaking worth anything.
Next comes the Revy I just bought. It works fine but the board housing is cracked and takes like an hour to reassemble.
Then lastly my warp. Worked fine for about 8-10 days of play and now the sensor( I think) has died.

Most of my purchases were from good sellers/buyers that had no trouble with what I bought/traded with them. From now on I am only going to buy new things like hoppers and such. I don't want more problems. It seems like I have spend more time/money repairing these things than I saved by buying used.

Luck of the draw. I myself haven't had problems buying used in the past. Granted I've had to do repairs, but I expected some. Normally under $30 and nothing too major. Things like hoppers and warps I'd personally just get them new. Better luck to you in the future...

buzzboy
05-07-2006, 01:05 PM
They guys all are great people and the products worked fine when I got them. Like the revy is minor and no problem. But I just don't like getting things used. They will break eventually and buying used just cuts that time down a little. Psh.

Who should I send my warp to to get it fixed. I would buy the part and do it myself but I am, as some would say, ham fisted and will kill everything. Is a broken sensor under AGD warrenty if I have done a mod to the warp(big cell). Does havoc online still do this kind of stuff? I was thinking about getting ahold of him to do it. How much about would that cost.

GT
05-07-2006, 01:39 PM
whenever I buy something used I add an x factor, what if this or that is broken. For example whenever buying used angels I would include the replacement cost of a new battery or board. When buying mags I add the cost of a parts kit. Lets say a I bought a minimag for 100 bucks, the cost to me would be the additional 20 for the parts kit. a minimag for 120 bucks is still better than the cost of a new one, 200 ish.

Corbet
05-07-2006, 01:44 PM
My first mag that I got was a POS. Slowly I've been "rebuilding it."

The Main Body was rusted, the Benchmark trigger sucked, the valve was missing some parts (between front and back of it). The Level X was out of tune. By the time I get this thing fixed up it won't even have any of the original parts on it.

wanna-b-ballin'
05-07-2006, 01:50 PM
have you tried putting new batterys in the warp? because they slowly drain even if you dont use it.

buzzboy
05-07-2006, 08:09 PM
2 freshies in the warp. Nothing. I tapped at the sensor and nothing. Now when I turn it all the way up it doesn't run for ever like usual.

Anybody know where I can get it fixed? I just don't want to murder it myself.

wanna-b-ballin'
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM
i'd say send AGD an E-mail. i dont remember how the sensor is attached, but i know you can replace them.

mag_lover05
05-07-2006, 09:43 PM
everything i buy is used, its cheap and its good. you must have bad luck, and that sucks.

jenarelJAM
05-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Only bought used once, and had a good deal, but I know what you mean. I bought my halo new, beacause i don't want to take the chance of it breaking immediately.

Phantom_Mag
05-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Just a couple things to say.

You have to pick and choose when dealing with used items.
Get to know your eqiopment a bit more. Not judging, but it sound like a few of your problems could be from lack of knowledge. We've all started with a new item and didn't know its ins and outs.

wanna-b-ballin'
05-08-2006, 12:56 AM
i got all of my mag parts used, with exception of the ULT kit. i got my vsc phantom used. i got my maverick used. i got my old, and sold model 98 used. come to think of it, i have only had two new guns, a BE raptor xtreme and a dragun TES.
i have had really good luck i guess, or i was just really anal about picking a gun. i dunno. i'v been useing a revvy for 3 years now too, never had to replace shells.

really i have never had any problems with my equipment. the occasional dead battery and a chopped ball.
oh, my tank reg started seperating once, but i got that fixed. i think i just have a really good idea of how my gear works and how to clean,work on, take apart, mod stuff.

buzzboy
05-08-2006, 06:18 AM
I completely know how everything works. I just have no money so I have to b*** about getting replacement parts and having things break. The thread should be "being broke sux". It really isn't that bad really. I just don't like things going unexpectedly. If these things had given me warning it would have been better.

^that was random^ from me. How did it get there. what eveeer.

Recon by Fire
05-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I've bought plenty of things used and never gotten a bad deal. I try to be cautious in my purchases and it has paid off :) When in doubt, don't buy!

68magOwner
05-08-2006, 10:10 PM
the ONLY new pice of paintball equipment i have ever owned has been either stuff i have won at events (basically, all the soft gear i need X1000, jerseys, pants, packs, masks, gloves, ect), and 1 marker i got NIB when a sponsor sent them to us.

SO, essentially, all of my paintball stuff has been gotten used, and, while, i have had SOME bad luck, i have saved lots of money, and even made a conciderable profit selling/trading. I <3 the used market.

Arstron
05-09-2006, 11:06 AM
I buy just about everything used as well. With a mag buying used isnt a problem, but when I do I usualy replace all the orings in the valve when I get it. I had a problem with a spyder I bought used once, the original owner told me it leaked though, come to find out he put the valve in backwards. Thats really the only problems I have had with used equipment. I buy my hoppers new, but have picked up 1 used warp feed. I have gotten quiet a few new parts from TMS, Luke, WWA, Doc, Tuna (well in the process of getting my first item from him), but I have never bought a complete new gun. Somone has to help keep the used market from being flooded. :D

Grey Goose
05-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Dude. You play an extreme sport. Even well maintained gear, subjected to what we do when we play, breaks. My hoppers tend to last a MAXIMUM of six months. Learn to maintain and tech your gear. It's like anything else, a car, a house, etc. Not to say you haven't had a run of bad luck, but don't expect the stuff to last forever. :)