PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my mag, lookin at upgrades.

cyrus-the-virus
05-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Ok well I'm getting my automag finaly.

It's a tac-1 with an AIR valve, level ten, intelli frame, lady grips, ULE rail, and a lapco bigshot.

After I buy my air fitting's (the guy i got it from didn't have any :tard: ) what do you guy's think it need's?

Right now all I can think of is milling out my valve and getting a ULT kit and a palmer stabalizer.

PnueMagger
05-08-2006, 02:31 AM
I wanted that sooo bad.

An xboarded revvy or TSA HALO should be fine for the loader.
If you are going to run Co2, get anti-syphon and get the stabalizer. If your going to run compressed air, don't. There's no need to triple reg the air.

Alot of classics don't need milled. Try an RT on off in there first to see if you like that lightnes. Alot lighter than stock with not much short stroking. Not as light as a ULT though; but a helluva lot easier to shoot. Get a black tourney cap... it'll look good. And a black unimount asa.

Then get some clear scotch tape and tape $100 bills to it to make it camoflauged in the woods. It would be like a Ben Franklin Ghuille Suit. They gotta be the old style $100's, not the new gay ones. Then you could name it the automAGG

cyrus-the-virus
05-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I wanted that sooo bad.

An xboarded revvy or TSA HALO should be fine for the loader.
If you are going to run Co2, get anti-syphon and get the stabalizer. If your going to run compressed air, don't. There's no need to triple reg the air.

Alot of classics don't need milled. Try an RT on off in there first to see if you like that lightnes. Alot lighter than stock with not much short stroking. Not as light as a ULT though; but a helluva lot easier to shoot. Get a black tourney cap... it'll look good. And a black unimount asa.

Then get some clear scotch tape and tape $100 bills to it to make it camoflauged in the woods. It would be like a Ben Franklin Ghuille Suit. They gotta be the old style $100's, not the new gay ones. Then you could name it the automAGG

how liberally do I apply the 100's? how much is to much?

I don't think I'll need an antisiphon on my tank because I'm going to run a remote that and the stabalizer kept ALL liquid Co2 out of my autococker even at high rates of fire.

I've already got a evolution II for my mag so I'll be fine till I can afford the halo B

I won't have that much to spend after I get the air fitting's (poor) So ware can I get one of thoes RT on/off's?

Walrus
05-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Lets seel if I can help you out again.

First of all, send me the stack of $100's that you were going to tape to your tac-1 body :D It will save you from going to jail for defacing gov't property.

Secondly, a ULT will fit without milling as PnueMagger stated, but you will get some chuffing (short stroking) if you try to get it too light. I have put my ULT in my classic valves and they work as long as you pay attention to what you are doing when you are shooting. But PnueMagger was right, try the RT on/off instead. It will lighten the pull a little and you may be pleased with the results. If not, sell it and get a ULT.

Third, I don't know why you will need to upgrade to a Halo at all. Your Egg can definately keep up with you and essintially you could have just ran a Revvy instead. You will be shooting CO2, so I don't expect you to need a loader that will load faster than you will be shooting.

Fourth, the Stabilizer would be nice, but possibly not needed. You stated that it worked great on your cocker to keep all the liquid out, but you are now using a Mag not a Cocker. The antisiphon is a much better and cheaper option and it won't starve your Mag during high rates of fire like the secondary reg would. Since you will be running a remote anyway, you are pretty much safe from getting liquid in your gun. If you are that concerned about it and do not want the antisiphon, then get a female Stabilizer and attach it to your tank instead of your gun. This will mimic the reg on a HPA system and will help to keep the liquid out of your remote line.

Honestly, your setup won't need much other than the way it is currently setup. Definately try it out before going too crazy with the upgrade idea. I would get a ViperBlade trigger to put on your Intelli instead of using the stock trigger. Still, that is personal preference and you may like the stock trigger.

cyrus-the-virus
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Lets seel if I can help you out again.

First of all, send me the stack of $100's that you were going to tape to your tac-1 body :D It will save you from going to jail for defacing gov't property.

Secondly, a ULT will fit without milling as PnueMagger stated, but you will get some chuffing (short stroking) if you try to get it too light. I have put my ULT in my classic valves and they work as long as you pay attention to what you are doing when you are shooting. But PnueMagger was right, try the RT on/off instead. It will lighten the pull a little and you may be pleased with the results. If not, sell it and get a ULT.

Third, I don't know why you will need to upgrade to a Halo at all. Your Egg can definately keep up with you and essintially you could have just ran a Revvy instead. You will be shooting CO2, so I don't expect you to need a loader that will load faster than you will be shooting.

Fourth, the Stabilizer would be nice, but possibly not needed. You stated that it worked great on your cocker to keep all the liquid out, but you are now using a Mag not a Cocker. The antisiphon is a much better and cheaper option and it won't starve your Mag during high rates of fire like the secondary reg would. Since you will be running a remote anyway, you are pretty much safe from getting liquid in your gun. If you are that concerned about it and do not want the antisiphon, then get a female Stabilizer and attach it to your tank instead of your gun. This will mimic the reg on a HPA system and will help to keep the liquid out of your remote line.

Honestly, your setup won't need much other than the way it is currently setup. Definately try it out before going too crazy with the upgrade idea. I would get a ViperBlade trigger to put on your Intelli instead of using the stock trigger. Still, that is personal preference and you may like the stock trigger.

We will see. I also plan to turn it into a pneumag I've got most of the material's to do that laying around my house, and I've heard good thing's about them.