PDA

View Full Version : lvl x... walkable?

paintballaddict_6
05-08-2006, 06:16 AM
hey, is the level 10 on a classic valve walkable? if not, what would be? im not a big fan of electros, so i just want to make my mech as fast as possible. to me, that would mean the level 10.
thanks!

Vex
05-08-2006, 06:34 AM
Level 10 is just an anti-chop bolt--it does nothing to increase the speed of your trigger finger. You can mod your Classic valve to take a ULT (Ultra Light Trigger) which will help make your trigger pull lighter. However, check the tech forums for what to do to install it.

PBCapo
05-08-2006, 09:49 AM
its tough to walk a classic valve, even with a ult. If you buy an x valve (which includes the level 10 bolt), and install a ult kit, if it is set correctly walking isn't very difficult

Indignant
05-08-2006, 11:32 AM
ULT makes for a nicely walkable trigger.

warbeak2099
05-08-2006, 02:11 PM
If you buy an x valve (which includes the level 10 bolt), and install a ult kit, if it is set correctly walking isn't very difficult

Haha no. It's still not easy, you really need strong fingers. It's more possible with an x-valve and ult, but it is by no means easy. People whon think a ult in their xvalve makes it easy to walk the trigger aren't doing much walking. They're bouncing. The only way you're gonna have a PRACTICAL walkable mech is by giving it a pneumatic firing system liken the pneumags. When I say practical I mean something that you can LEGALLY walk faster than 10bps.

Despot
05-08-2006, 02:18 PM
so how many bps do you get more or less with the ULT/X-valve combo?

wanna-b-ballin'
05-08-2006, 02:20 PM
i can walk my ult x-valve. sorta. no bounce, and its slower than 10 bps, but i'm sure you can call it walking.
i have a vid, but i was low on air so it chuffed a few times which got my rhythm all messed up. i need to figure out how to host it.

tyrion2323
05-08-2006, 02:57 PM
If your desire for a ULT is to make your gun fast like an electro, then just give up now. Trying to walk a legally-set-up mech like an electro will end only in short stroking.

buzzboy
05-08-2006, 03:41 PM
There is something on www.zakvetter.com on how he has found to shoot fast LEAGALLY with a ult. It is like a fan/walk thing. Looks pretty cool and if you watch the vid SPEED TESTING NO RAPID FIRE it shows just how fast it can go(he shoots it 16 bps).

BeaverEater
05-08-2006, 04:31 PM
u can get it to walk but it wont come close the the trigger pull of an electro.

paintballaddict_6
05-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Level 10 is just an anti-chop bolt--it does nothing to increase the speed of your trigger finger. You can mod your Classic valve to take a ULT (Ultra Light Trigger) which will help make your trigger pull lighter. However, check the tech forums for what to do to install it.

crap, thats what i meant-ult. also, is the xvalve, retrovalve and r/t valve basically the same?

Rift
05-08-2006, 06:12 PM
There is something on www.zakvetter.com on how he has found to shoot fast LEAGALLY with a ult. It is like a fan/walk thing. Looks pretty cool and if you watch the vid SPEED TESTING NO RAPID FIRE it shows just how fast it can go(he shoots it 16 bps).

That was without a ULT if im not mistaken. Its a stock on/off setup.

jenarelJAM
05-08-2006, 10:18 PM
^^^ and rapidfiring, which means not tourney legal, although allowed at most fields.

Vex
05-09-2006, 03:57 AM
is the xvalve, retrovalve and r/t valve basically the same?
Yes.

buzzboy
05-09-2006, 06:02 AM
^^^ and rapidfiring, which means not tourney legal, although allowed at most fields.
No, there were two vids. One rapid fire, one not. The non rapid fire one he hit 16 bps.

paintman1142
05-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Haha no. It's still not easy, you really need strong fingers. It's more possible with an x-valve and ult, but it is by no means easy. People whon think a ult in their xvalve makes it easy to walk the trigger aren't doing much walking. They're bouncing. The only way you're gonna have a PRACTICAL walkable mech is by giving it a pneumatic firing system liken the pneumags. When I say practical I mean something that you can LEGALLY walk faster than 10bps.

If you get an adjustable tank then you dont really need pnumatics because the bumped up pressure makes it so the trigger pull it very little with out ever short stroking. I've gotten mine up to 12bps before I got the adjustable tank.

SlipknotX556
05-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I remember mine was. But that was after a nice trigger job that took me awhile to get down. Ah I miss the days of my mag, been a long time.

soldat
05-10-2006, 02:06 AM
LX Bolt has nothing to do with it, its your valve. A classic valve basically isnt walkable, even with a super high tank output. You need to get an X Valve with a ULT to walk, IMHO its a great investment.

warbeak2099
05-10-2006, 09:26 AM
If you get an adjustable tank then you dont really need pnumatics because the bumped up pressure makes it so the trigger pull it very little with out ever short stroking. I've gotten mine up to 12bps before I got the adjustable tank.

Ahem, once again that's not legal. With the adjustable tank you get bounce/rapid fire. You aren't really walking it nor is the trigger pull as light as an electro.

Despot
05-10-2006, 11:56 AM

Up the psi and you get bounce/rapidfire?????

The amount of bps and kind of trigger pull reminds me of the "response trigger" for the Tippmann markers. Finding the "sweet spot" on the trigger. In any case thats not walking and this not tourney legal.

tipp-ed off
05-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Warbeak...Does everyone here only play in tourneys??? I really don't think most walk-on fields or scenarios can tell (or even care) if your mech-mag is bouncing a little while your trying to walk it. Most of the reactivity is taken out with the ULT so a little bounce to up your shooting by 2 BPS doesnt seem like a big deal. Its not like your streaming paint like Z-man with a scuba tank at a bunch of kids with stock spyders.