PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing day at the field, mag won't work.

Migz
05-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Hay guys, I had a very dissappointing day at the field this weekend. I finally got to take my mag out to field this weekend and it didn't want to work. I had to take it apart to tighten the front grip and put it back together the same way it was before I took it appart or at least I thought I did. I sure it was working when I got it from tuna, but as I didn't have air to play with it before hand. I can here it air up but it's like the sear doesn't set. I was thinking it could either but the tank it's suppose to be 850 psi tank but I'm not sure. Or I have an on/off could it be restricting the pressure coming into the gun. As I'm new to mags and HPA I'm not sure what wrong. Help.

Lohman446
05-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Did you try to increase the velocity by turning the allen hole at the back of the valve?

/Yes, I beleive in asking the easy ones first

flyingpootang
05-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Make shure it's a High pressure tank. The Low pressure tanks will not work and will give you all the problems listed.

Migz
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Yay I think I did my first successful mag trouble shooting last night.:clap:
The only bad thing is that I ran out of Air :cry: so that means I have to get a fill today to test it later to day. I'm glad I read all the other tech post it didn't dawn on to me until I read it another post. I think the problem was that I had the front frame screw way to tight. Thanks to everyone who helped and to all the great info on the forum. I think this forum deserves a 4 banana.

dance. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hail:

I hope to have pics of my marker up soon. It's EGG tastic or it the or is that AGG eeh who cares. MMM EGGS. :D

Migz
05-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Well looks like I don't have it fixed. Now I have a new problem. I air it up. I turned in my velocity and it will shoot twice and then stick and air starts gushing out the front (or that what it sounds like). Like Pop, Pop, Gushshshshshshshsh. :confused:

Shotcaller509
05-12-2006, 09:08 PM
It sounds to me like your getting bolt stick. Take the carrier you have now out of the valve, take the little O-ring out and put it into the next biggest carrier. Try that it may eliminate the bolt from sticking. After your gun shoots 2 times it seems to stick. Also take out the shims out of your Bolt if you have a level 10 and put one in at a time then air up and check it out for your problem.

Well looks like I don't have it fixed. Now I have a new problem. I air it up. I turned in my velocity and it will shoot twice and then stick and air starts gushing out the front (or that what it sounds like). Like Pop, Pop, Gushshshshshshshsh. :confused:

Automagsam
05-13-2006, 01:04 AM
not that this will solve ur problem but if its the sear, we canmake the pull on the trigger shorter by adjusting the sear throught he sear mod, its your call tho, also like they said your bolt may be sticking so check that out, but if you have any questions we'd be glad to help you do the sear mod to maket he pull shorter.

Migz
05-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Unfortuantly I don't have lvl 10. It's a lvl 7 setup.

Coralis
05-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Take the barrel off and the valve out of the back of the gun and look down the body of the gun and see if the frame screw is stick up through the body .... it may be too tight still or just too long. While you have the valve out slide the bolt out and put some oil down tube and put the bolt back in a run it up and down and spin it to lubricate the oring , reassemble and see if that works. Might as well put in a new main spring too if its worn.

If you keep having trouble check to see if your powertube oring isnt damaged/smooshed or the spacer doesnt have a burr in it

Shotcaller509
05-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Here's another easy remody I learned on the field when my gun was doing the same thing. My carrier, and shims were fine and I could not figure out why my mag was hanging up for the life of me. Well it ended up I just needed to oil up my ULT. Or On/Off if you dont have a ULT. Oil up the middle pin really well because it can get cought inbetween shots if its not lubricated. Give it a shot. Maybe thats your problem you never know.

Take the barrel off and the valve out of the back of the gun and look down the body of the gun and see if the frame screw is stick up through the body .... it may be too tight still or just too long. While you have the valve out slide the bolt out and put some oil down tube and put the bolt back in a run it up and down and spin it to lubricate the oring , reassemble and see if that works. Might as well put in a new main spring too if its worn.

If you keep having trouble check to see if your powertube oring isnt damaged/smooshed or the spacer doesnt have a burr in it

Migz
05-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Hay guys I think I fixed it. :clap:
It seemed like there was some interference between the sear and the body. I open up the on/off hole a wee bit and it work fine now. I can see wat you guys mean by mags being a bit on the hoggish side. Also there were time when it kind of did a double shot. I'm not sure what that means but I'm happy to have it working.

rb211
05-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Sear /body mismatch would not be a common thing. Is your rail bushing missing?

Migz
05-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Nope I have a new one in there. But I'm also using a minimag body on a rt pro rail so that may have something to do with it. When comparing it to my ule body I noticed that the on/off hole on the ule body is a smidge bigger then the hole on the minimag body also when I took off the valve, it looked like the sear was getting hung up on the body a bit.

rtfire1
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
yes you have to a little drill work when you put a older body on a rt pro rail. i have doone 3 mods like that now had to drill them all

Migz
05-20-2006, 02:37 AM
A man just can't get a break this day and age. :mad:
Well I took out my minimag again and I sucked it cronoed great 295 and that was about all it did. After that it was doing triple shot and was shooting like what you guys describe as short stroking. 1 shot the next one just kind of rolled out the front. This is driving me nuts I played with the reg and nothing eventually air was just leaking out the front. Proably had it to low or something. Well I just what this comes to is HELP! I'll post what ever you want to know.

Head knight of Ni
05-21-2006, 01:11 AM
A man just can't get a break this day and age. :mad:
Well I took out my minimag again and I sucked it cronoed great 295 and that was about all it did. After that it was doing triple shot and was shooting like what you guys describe as short stroking. 1 shot the next one just kind of rolled out the front. This is driving me nuts I played with the reg and nothing eventually air was just leaking out the front. Proably had it to low or something. Well I just what this comes to is HELP! I'll post what ever you want to know.

Check the spring pack. If it's reversed it can cause extremely slow recharge and others annoyances.