PDA

View Full Version : Emag Mechanical Mode Question

robnix
05-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Quick question. If I wanted to run in just mech mode, could I pull the battery pack, stick a foregrip on the front, switch the selector to mech mode and play? I wouldn't mind being able to do this for days when I'm playing in long scenerios. I have the RPG Shadow rail, so I'm guessing that I should be able to do this.

Hexis
05-08-2006, 12:11 PM
There is no real way to put a foregrip on there since the grip has a portion that would cover most mounting holes for a fore grip. Other than that issue, the rest is accurate. You could play with the yellow pin in and use the battery as a foregrip. Or you could pull the actual battery out of the battery pack. It's only two screws (long) on the bottom. Pull the battery and the O-Ring on the bottom (don't lose/miss the oring) and put the pack back together sans the actual battery. Then shoot a nice mech mag.

robnix
05-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Or you could pull the actual battery out of the battery pack. It's only two screws (long) on the bottom. Pull the battery and the O-Ring on the bottom (don't lose/miss the oring) and put the pack back together sans the actual battery. Then shoot a nice mech mag.

It's always the obvious way that you never see isn't it? Looks like I'll just pick up a second battery housing and swap the two when I want to go straight mech.

thanks!

Dayspring
05-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Just use the yellow pin.

robnix
05-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Just use the yellow pin.

Thanks, but I'm trying to lighten the load a bit for long days in the woods when E-Mode isn't as important.

ABTOCMEPTb
05-09-2006, 10:03 PM
weight of the battery is not sugnificant enough to make any difference in your total weight.

2 pods with paintballs weight more than a battery.

robnix
05-09-2006, 11:13 PM
weight of the battery is not sugnificant enough to make any difference in your total weight.

2 pods with paintballs weight more than a battery.

A few ounces here, a few ounces there add up. As far as the pods go, I'm not carrying those in my hand while I run around, their wieght is distributed on my lower back, which can handle it just fine.