PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Halo boards..

BigEvil
05-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Ive been looking at the pros and cons of the TAG Cheetah board for the Halo. It sounds impressive, but with an equally impressive price tag of almost $90.

I have a tricked out Halo(shocktech cone, rip drive) and the Victory board in it. I havent had any issues with it not keeping up even on my most insane Predator'd guns.. It does a very good job, especially for the $35ish that I paid for it when it first came out.

With the pro leauges capping the ROF at 15, what is the point of getting an uber-board for a Halo when the better factory one does a pretty damn good job of keeping the monsters fed? Is an additional 2-3 bps increase and little extra bells and whisteld big enough reasons to spend the extra cash that could be used to play?

IMO, they dont seem a major improvement, at least not on paper. What are the feelings in the real world?

White_Noise
05-08-2006, 04:21 PM
ive got one with just z-code, and one with victory, both have delrin drive cones.

i really find no difference, and cant out shoot one or the other.

as for the cheetah, my roommate has one that has never worked since he got it. he cant get it to calibrate and told TAG, they said it was his Halo. he tried the board in his other halo, same thing. and they still wouldnt do anything about it.

in my opinion all you need is z-code, and victory if you really want it, but youre going to have a tough time outshooting either(legally)

REDRT
05-08-2006, 05:17 PM
I to thought about a cheetah board, but the victory board has done well for me. Even with predator software I haven't found I need such a board as the cheetah. I figure I'd be better off buying one of them "Bone" battery packs. That should be the next halo up for me...

jenarelJAM
05-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Heh, and here I am happy with my stock(w/ rip) halo. Only thing I think I'll ever upgrade is the cone, when it breaks.

st6212
05-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I bought the Cheetah a few weeks ago. Cos I bought my very first Halo B (I've been using my good ol' revvy all this time).

Was a toss up between Reloader or Halo B with Cheetah.

I didn't buy the board because of max feed rate, but for the following reasons:

a) consistent feed (I guess due to the feed rate)
b) automatic anti-jam considered better than others
c) manual anti-jam at a push of a button (Cheetah will light up purple if there is a jam it can't clear by itself)
d) the pretty LED colours
e) because its called "Cheetah"
f) cos the PCB is red

lol...I could go on.

But seriously, if your Halo is doing well for you now, then there is no reason to go with anything else. If it works, don't mess with it.

Arstron
05-09-2006, 10:48 AM
If you ask me, a stock halo is plenty fast enough. I own a stock halo and a zboarded evolution 2. Both feed great at 15 bps and if you are shooting faster then that, then your simply showing off anyway. ;)

azzkikr
05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
personally if you HAVE to buy a new board, i would go with the cheetah simply because of its upgradeability and build. and the fact that its a smart board that looks for and analyzes your rof patters. it keeps up much better at sustained high rof.

but if you play in a 15bps league, hell you could get a way with an egg2 for that matter.

azzkikr