PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! my on/off ASA...

surfbum
05-08-2006, 04:41 PM
i have a practically new CP on/off asa that i just bought used
if you are not familiar with this on/off it has 2 air output ports, one on the left side and one on the right
the person i bought it from used the left output port and had a screw in the right side...

as everyone should be familiar with, the mag valve input is on the right side so i need to use the right output of the CP on/off... unfortunately this screw will not come out

the person i bought it from claims he didnt put loctite or anything in it but im not convinced

how can i get this screw out... if it is loctite, or just really stuck

any help is appreciated thanks

Dayspring
05-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Try heating it and then using gorilla strength.

surfbum
05-09-2006, 12:40 AM
thanks dayspring
tried and failed :cry:

are there any other ideas
i need this fixed asap
thanks

Tunaman
05-09-2006, 04:56 AM
You may need a T-Handle allen wrench to get it loose. Every Mag owner should have a set.

craltal
05-09-2006, 09:53 AM
try putting it a pot of boling water for about 15 minutes (when we say apply heat, we really mean it) any you'll need to secure it in a vise or something similar. There's a good chance that a regular allen wrench won't give you enough torque to move it and as Tuna said, a t-handle works real well to help, personally I have a ratcheting set that works really well.

Walrus
05-09-2006, 09:53 AM
You may need a T-Handle allen wrench to get it loose. Every Mag owner should have a set.

Very true statement from Tuna. You can also remove the on/off thumb screw and plunger and then put the piece in boiling water for a few minutes to heat it up. This will hopefully melt the locktight or what ever it was and help you to get it out. :D

craltal
05-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Quit stalking me Walrus, that's two threads now... :D

surfbum
05-09-2006, 07:20 PM
im gunna take it to my local paintball shop tomorrow
they probably can do something with it (im in college so i have very limited tools)

in the mean time... please post any more ideas

Walrus
05-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Quit stalking me Walrus, that's two threads now... :D

Sorry, I was bored at work yesterday (debugging/testing your own software gets boring after a while) and it looks like we were posting at the exact same time. We can't help it that great minds think alike!!! :D

PS-good move on taking it to your PB shop surfbum. They will hopefully be able to help you out because if they mess it up, then they will have to replace it!!

surfbum
05-11-2006, 12:11 PM
its at the pb shop now (they had to keep it cause they were busy)
ill post the result when i get it back

thanks for all the help