PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Level 7 Mag

finnmanpa
05-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Hey everyone,

I have a '95 Level 7 Mag I have decided to upgrade.

I want the ULE, X Valve, and Level 10.

It seems the easiest way to do this is the deal on AGDs website where I turn in my Classic valve assembly Here's the link; http://www.airgun.com/Products/xvalve.shtml

Then it would only cost me $225 for the complete upgrades. Is this deal still available?

Has anyone done this? I am assuming it is definately worth it!!

Thoughts and comments welcome, thanks,

Jason

Walrus
05-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Well, I will take a shot at this for you.

The upgrade is nice, but I personally have never sent in my old valve to get a new X. Instead, I just purchased a complete new Mag with all the parts I wanted. You have stated that you want the following: ULE, X Valve, and Level 10. I am not sure what you mean by ULE, so here is what I am thinking.

Well, first of all, you are going to be spending $225 + shipping to send in your old valve and to get a new X-Valve with lvl10 pre-installed. Then you will have to spend another $47 for the ULT (if that is what you ment by ULE), or $150 if you ment a ULE body. Being a classic Mag owner, I am sure that you have twistlock barrels. The new ULE bodies do not accept these barrels and you will have to buy cocker threaded barrels as well. So, you are looking at spending $275 for just a new valve, ULT, and lvl10. Or if you ment the body, then you are looking at $375 minimum. Another point to think about is that the X-Valve only runs in HPA, so no CO2. I am not sure what air source you are currently using, so this may require you to purchase a new HPA system. Instead of upgrading just the new pieces you want, I would buy a good condition used X-valved mag and then mix and match the parts you want to keep between the two guns. Then take the left over parts and either make a new Mag and sell it or sell off the left over individual parts to get some $$ back. :D

finnmanpa
05-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Well, I will take a shot at this for you.

The upgrade is nice, but I personally have never sent in my old valve to get a new X. Instead, I just purchased a complete new Mag with all the parts I wanted. You have stated that you want the following: ULE, X Valve, and Level 10. I am not sure what you mean by ULE, so here is what I am thinking.

Well, first of all, you are going to be spending $225 + shipping to send in your old valve and to get a new X-Valve with lvl10 pre-installed. Then you will have to spend another $47 for the ULT (if that is what you ment by ULE), or $150 if you ment a ULE body. Being a classic Mag owner, I am sure that you have twistlock barrels. The new ULE bodies do not accept these barrels and you will have to buy cocker threaded barrels as well. So, you are looking at spending $275 for just a new valve, ULT, and lvl10. Or if you ment the body, then you are looking at $375 minimum. Another point to think about is that the X-Valve only runs in HPA, so no CO2. I am not sure what air source you are currently using, so this may require you to purchase a new HPA system. Instead of upgrading just the new pieces you want, I would buy a good condition used X-valved mag and then mix and match the parts you want to keep between the two guns. Then take the left over parts and either make a new Mag and sell it or sell off the left over individual parts to get some $$ back. :D

I made a slight mistake in my post, should've clarified. I mean the Ultra light trigger, not the ULE. I realized now I was mistaking the RT, or reactive trigger, with the Ultra light trigger.

I do use HPA so I am good there. I have my old bodies and twist lock barrels, which I love.

So, I want the X valve with Level 10 and RT, and I want to also add the Ultra light trigger, which I'm told only works with a RT valve. So that would be $225 for valve trade and $47 for ULT. So $275ish with shipping to upgrade.

I think I'd rather buy some new parts to drop into my existing, proven set-up than buy a second used gun and swap out used pieces.

Walrus
05-09-2006, 09:50 AM
That's cool. Like I said, I had two classics and I wanted to upgrade, so instead of spending $300+ dollars on just parts, I opted for a new ULE Mag. I did buy it brand new and honestly, I kind of regreted it. I spent so much on it, I know if I decide to sell it that I will never get a good enough return on it. Buying used can be a mixed bag. Sometimes you can get great deals, and sometimes you get screwed.

You may want to look at an RT Pro/Emag based valve instead of the X-Valve. You can get one used, but it is basically the same exact valve. The only difference is that those have more stainless steel on them instead of aluminum. They will also accept the ULT and you may be able to pick one up for about $130 - $160 with lvl10. (Again, just a thought to save you some money in the long run.)

Yes, as you have been told, the ULT is ment for the RT based valves. However, it also states that it is not recommended for use in a classic valve. It never says it will not work in a classic valve. I have used two different classic valves with ULTs and they have worked fine. It is more of a case by case scenario and most of us get it to work and others have trouble.

Just keep all of this in mind when purchasing your parts. They are all good upgrades and I am sure you will be pleased with the outcome. :D