PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Mag

MinorThreat
05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
I am sure someone has already asked this question but I am new here and I am just looking for some help. I am trying to put together a super fast, ultra light mechanical mag and I dont know where to begin. I currently play on a field where everyone is playing with either Shockers, Timmys or Egos and I was hoping to go with something away from the norm and to show what AGD is capable of. I have tried to reseach this myself but I keep coming up empty handed. Any suggestions or advice would be great, thank you very much.

Very Respectfully,
MT

MinorThreat
05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Thank you for the info. :headbang: I have another supid question, for anyone, what does the arrow on the tread envelope mean?

geekwarrior
05-09-2006, 01:09 PM
ule body, ule rail, x-valve with ult, pnuematic, adjustable tank(mines not), 90 frame<-(personal preference I guess).....

here's a pic mine, its pretty fast
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/GEEKWARRIOR81/blackwidow1.jpg

and this link is helpful
guide to making a fast mag (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1296871)

MinorThreat
05-09-2006, 01:17 PM
That link is great, thank you very much. My only question now is when I was trying to look at parts for putting on together myself, everything is out of stock. Any advice on that?

AGDRetro
05-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I just finished mine a few weeks ago and still need to work out one kink (trigger sticks), but aside from that I love mine, it performed beautifully through a whole weekend at EMR...

I put mine together piece by piece, but you may want to look into doing it the easier (and less expensive) way. Go to www.airgun.com's online store and purchase the RT ULE Custom. That way you have all the basics (X-Valve, body, screws, etc.) and sell and replace the parts you want to customize (rails & bodies?). Just an idea, I spent over $800 on my project... of course it's a Karta but that's still alot of money!

geekwarrior
05-09-2006, 02:22 PM
the cheapest way is buying it used off of this site, and upgrading as your budget allows...theres ebay too, and the dealers mentioned above can help you out. Most of the parts are available, the main thing is the x-valve, and maybe the ule body for weight. Look around in the classifieds here, you'll find what you need. good luck, and welcome to AO

punkncat
05-09-2006, 04:38 PM
I have to agree with the above. Find a Xvalved marker that is near what you want and then start customizing.
Definatly find an Xvalve and ULE body to start with.

The lightest rail I know if is the V1 Alpha rail that used to be made by Logic. They are for the classic sear, but are a good deal lighter. RPG mills a ULE body down for the classic length rail. Get an ultralite barrel and you have a great start on a super light setup.....

AGD-OfficeGal
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
The lightest rail I know if is the V1 Alpha rail that used to be made by Logic. They are for the classic sear, but are a good deal lighter. RPG mills a ULE body down for the classic length rail. Get an ultralite barrel and you have a great start on a super light setup.....

Our Tac rail weighs 2.9 oz and uses the RT Pro sear and sear pin. Light enough for you?

Marcia
AGD-USA

MinorThreat
05-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone helping me out with your numerous responces. I am looking forward to getting this thing put together and showing everyone at Paintball Heat what a Mag can do with a little investment. Thanks again everyone.

warbeak2099
05-09-2006, 05:46 PM
The fastest field legal mech mag you can build would be a pneumag. I believe one of the guys on project red eye is offering it as a service. Contact Rainman229 at:

lastone75@aol.com

He may or may not be doing, but I remember he said that he really is interested in it. The pneumag they built for project red eye got him very excited about the mod.

Dark Frost17
05-09-2006, 08:15 PM
people are still supprised that i can keep up with some elctros with out ramping.....
x-valve
ult
alpha logic rail
y grip
ule body
light set up till i add my ss lapco big shot and my 70/45 tank.... :rolleyes: but still lighter then u would think .... ;)

good luck:cheers: