PDA

View Full Version : RT with remote-air

acrosome
05-10-2006, 06:55 AM
Ok, I have read up about how the RT trigger/valve works, have searched this forum, and have perused the ZakVetter site. I know that getting the RT to rapid-fire relies upon two crucial ingredients:

1. An input pressure on the order of 800-1000 psi.

2. A high-flow regulator, if you want to avoid shoot-down.

I also know that resistance in a tube is proportional to its length and inversely proportional to its radius. I note that remote hoses are long and have small lumens.

So, my question is this- is there any practical problem with rapid-firing the RT if you run your air remote, especially with one of those long coil hoses? That is, is the resistance of the air hose enough to drop the flow rate below practical RT levels, thus leading to horrific shoot-down? Do you just have to crank up the input pressure?

I suspect that there isn't really a problem, since I have read no mention of it in this forum, but I'd like to hear someone's educated thoughts on the matter.

Thanks!

RedEyes
05-10-2006, 07:04 AM
I think it depends on the psi rating on the hoses. If its a ss hoses you should be fine. I have a remote that withstands 2500psi. Just check your remote. Crank up the pressure to get more bounce.

Its more of adjustable regulator on the tank. Any high pressure preset(850psi) tank wont work.

BigEvil
05-10-2006, 07:19 AM
I ran a remote on my classic RT for years. It was one of those coil remotes, which was 3000psi rated. They still arent hard to find.
I did have a giant 122cu/3000 psi nitro duck tank strapped to my back though.... these little 68's arent good for remotes, they dont hold enough air. I always likes the AirAmerica raptors for remotes, but any 88-114 adjustable tank is ok to use.

acrosome
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks, I think that answers my question.