PDA

View Full Version : Chances of ther return of the Pump Mag??

slasherdan
05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Would there be any chance of AGD releasing a pump kit for the Mag again???

Or just straight up selling a pump gun again ......

craltal
05-10-2006, 01:08 PM
I would highly doubt it considering the ULE bodies can't use them without milling, rails would also need to be milled for them and you can't use one with an x-valve without replacing the Level X bolt,

the list goes on...

slasherdan
05-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I would highly doubt it considering the ULE bodies can't use them without milling, rails would also need to be milled for them and you can't use one with an x-valve without replacing the Level X bolt,

the list goes on...

All very true, but you can use the Classic that they started selling once more. Figured if their going to be going further and further back to offer everyone other options then maybe they'll go a few more steps with a pump and maybe the re-release of the 6-pack.

craltal
05-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I figure they needed to something with all those Classic valves they got back in trade for x-valves...

:D

slasherdan
05-10-2006, 01:48 PM
I figure they needed to something with all those Classic valves they got back in trade for x-valves...

Well one can dream ...

onedude36
05-10-2006, 01:57 PM

I believe they were melted down. :(

I think AGD should re-release a pumpkit, It would fit well with the whole scenario field they seem to want to cater to.

warbeak2099
05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
That and the fact that pump/limited play is making ahuge comeback. Almost every article in APG is about it and a huge amount of tournament circuits have been created for it. Especially in California. It is immensley popular again. That could be a way that AGD gets back onto any "tournament" scene.

slasherdan
05-10-2006, 02:28 PM
I believe they were melted down. :(

I think AGD should re-release a pumpkit, It would fit well with the whole scenario field they seem to want to cater to.

Well I don't think it would cater to the Scenario crowd. In all honesty I don't think they would sell as well as we would like to believe. As far as I know there are only about 50 players in the Northern IL area that still play pump. I should know cause I've played with most of them.

Our Pump club is just not that big and we keep trying to find others to join us so we can start having more "private" pump only games.

Every spring we have a club member that works on a field down in Bloomington/Normal and we pull in little over 100 pump players from all over the country (even a few from Canada).

I think if AGD were to come out with a pump again that it might breath some more life into the pump community ... maybe even a little more with the return of the Micro CA and 6-Pack, but they most likely will not get enough of us to come in and spend cash to get it going.

I wish they had plans though ... cause every pump Mag I've seen has always been an absolute beautiful marker.

m-a-r-k-7
05-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I would Love it if they did, and buy one in a second.

But... they probably won't.

islandmag
05-10-2006, 06:39 PM
it wolud be awsome to have agd make a pump tac 1 with a 6pack :headbang: . i love my pump mag almost more than my emag. ive had guys with phantoms complament it. :cheers:

SCpoloRicker
05-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Pre-order in dust black. :)

There are several options out there if you dig a little. I think there are several shops that could mill for a pump kit, and even if you can't find an AGD kit, several shops could do the work custom.

/just be prepared to wait
//and don't whine :cheers:

nicad
05-10-2006, 07:34 PM
I know that Brad at PaintballMaxx was working on some pump kits.. might wanna contact him your looking for one.

mobsterboy
05-10-2006, 08:46 PM
even if they had a comeback, they arent the best on gas efficiency. and we're talking 12 grams here.

ICOM
05-10-2006, 09:19 PM
i would love to own one if they did a ule style one but the gass eff. isnt the best which is the downside.

Cow hunter
05-10-2006, 09:23 PM
i would love to own one if they did a ule style one but the gass eff. isnt the best which is the downside.
thus the importance of the six-pack

Jaan
05-10-2006, 09:37 PM
I love pump, and I can see it becoming popular again ... however I don't think it will be quite *that* popular, at least enough to do another pump kit 'Mag. Let's face it, if anyone wants a pump now there are several options, not the least of which is turning a very common Autococker back into a pump ... and you can do this for around $30. It would be hard to compete against that and make a profit at this point.

etjoyride
05-10-2006, 11:00 PM
The pump kit would have trouble coming back for a few reasons. most of which were already stated
1. milling needed on bodies and rails
2. bad gas efficiency

Also, pump mags were not originally made to be used as pumps. The kits were added for other reasons. I'm not sure if i am supposed to tell the reaons or not, but if Tom reads this he will probably tell everyone

MoeMag
05-10-2006, 11:47 PM
My shop runs a fairly big local pump league and quite the selection of pumps including those really small 13ci hpa tanks. About the most popular next to the phantoms are pump cockers. We did get a few pump kits in this past week and we are all on our toes waiting for them to come back from the milling shop we sent them to. We all agreed that a pump mag would be the ultimate pump, so the shop we sent them to is running schematics for us so that we can make a small run for the few of us, if we decide we like them. WOOT!

I think a pump mag would be incredible way for AGD to break back into the market. The six pac would be cool for that too.

Put me in for a preorder! :headbang:
but hey it wont happen will it. :(

/\ /\ /\

reverse psycology :ninja:

Arstron
05-11-2006, 07:38 AM
I would be in for atleast one pump kit, maybe two if AGD or anyone else ever made a pump kit. ;)

I want to build a new stock class mag, I just need a pump kit to get me started. :D

Lohman446
05-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Tuna built me a pump mag using a ULE body - not a long wait or anything

/Then I sold it
// :confused:

b e n
05-11-2006, 07:44 AM
The pump kit would have trouble coming back for a few reasons. most of which were already stated
1. milling needed on bodies and rails
2. bad gas efficiency

Also, pump mags were not originally made to be used as pumps. The kits were added for other reasons. I'm not sure if i am supposed to tell the reaons or not, but if Tom reads this he will probably tell everyone

I thought they were made because in the early days of the mag semis were not allowed at some fields so AGD made a pump kit?

Zygote
05-11-2006, 09:05 AM
I think I read somewhere that their main purpose was to smuggle mags into Australia where semis were illegal. You could then take the pump kit off and use it normally in semi mode.

MoeMag
05-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I think I read somewhere that their main purpose was to smuggle mags into Australia where semis were illegal. You could then take the pump kit off and use it normally in semi mode.

Thats what I heard.
:rofl: