PDA

View Full Version : Boo Yaa help needed

Tunaman
12-19-2001, 04:21 PM
I got this ELCD for the Mag, but It comes with nothing. Anyone know what other parts I need to make it work? Is it supposed to come with a special sear? Is there something I must do to my old sear? Anyone help me out with a manual? Never worked with one of these before. Thanks in advance:confused: :confused: :confused:

mykroft
12-19-2001, 04:25 PM
It should have a charger. To mount it, take the pin and clevis off the sear (The pin that the trigger hits) and bolt it on, that's it.

Tunaman
12-19-2001, 04:50 PM
Hey. Thanks for the lesson. I kinda thought that soleniod plunger just whacks the sear. Can you tell me if it takes the OLD style sear or the new one? Thanks again
:confused:

Russ
12-19-2001, 05:50 PM
To turn it off, press and hold the F1 (bottom) button until the lights go out. It will switch firing mode, but just keep holding it until it's off. Also, if the display shows "locked", just press both buttons simultaniously to "unlock" the gun.

Isn't the 'Mag Boo-Yaah supposed to have a different on/off pin?

Tunaman
12-19-2001, 06:11 PM
You askin' ME?:D

unseenunheard
12-19-2001, 06:35 PM
yes it does come with a different on/off assembly but if you don't have it, i have used a retro on/off assembly with no problems, but could not get the classic on/off to work, the sear just use whatever you currently use and simply remove the pin and take off the clevis and only use the sear, the standard blue bumper works so that is ok, the charger you should be able to buy at Radio Shack, the easiest way is to buy a 9.6v remote control car charger and replace the end with a 3/32 mono plug so it will fit the boo-yahh, after that i can't think of anything else but if you have anymore problems feel free to ask here or e-mail me. :cool:

[NA]WARLORD
12-19-2001, 07:46 PM
It should have the following, 1.) a car charger 2.) an on/off assembly with pin 3.) a clear bumper. It wont take an old style sear, unless you cut it down to new style, easier to order new one. remove trigger rod, place in frame., bolt to gun, make sure its charged, hold in top button until it lights up, scroll thru menu, find option you want, use bottom button to fine tune. dont leave battery in marker, it will drain down wether on or off, and dont dry fire the gun with out gassing it up first, this will damage the solenoid. lastly the adjustments are 1.0 behind trigger 2.) behind solenoid, both are for trigger sensitivity. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tunaman
12-19-2001, 08:17 PM
I appreciate the help boys. Now the on/off assy...can I use a stock one? Does Boo Yaa's have a longer pin or something? Anyone know what makes them different? These grips BLOW!:confused:

unseenunheard
12-19-2001, 09:04 PM
put it in and try it, i don't see what it could hurt, it simply will not fire or at least that is what mine did, but the one that comes with it has a thinner pin like the retro, i used it with success so if you cannot find a boo-yahh on/off assembly try one for a retro if it is available. if you decide to try it use a screw in tank so if it does not work you can unscrew the tank to relieve pressure, otherwise i would not know how to release the airpressure if the gun will not fire.

Lockawam
12-19-2001, 09:09 PM
Since we are talking about booyahs here... Does anybody know how to make booyahs legal for tourney play? Isn't there some way to lock it? I lost my instruction manual so I don't know anything :(

DaXtremeist
12-19-2001, 09:54 PM
yah there is a lock inside of the grip its just a small black switch

its located just above the lcd screen

Lockawam
12-19-2001, 11:04 PM
Alright thanks man

Butterfingers
12-19-2001, 11:17 PM
throw it out use the stock automag blue bumper.

I have this grip. The clear bumper is so thin that the impact of the bolt destroyed 2 powertube tips and broke the red loctite that was holding the whole powertube in place.

markhauguel
12-20-2001, 08:24 AM
Hey mine came with some sticky back spacers. Should these follow the clear bumper into the trash also. It has worked fine with them left at home for several months now. Also the new on/off that comes with it has a taller top and a shorter bottom but the overall length is the same and so is the rod.

[NA]WARLORD
12-20-2001, 09:23 AM
Hey Tunaman, try centerflag, there frames experienced the same problems when they were introduced, I belive they sell longer ones, they can be reached at www.centerflagproducts.com. good luck !!!!!!!!!

[NA]WARLORD
12-20-2001, 09:26 AM
Another thing to try is to remove the solenoid and flip it, my roomate tried this, and it seemed to fix his boo-yaah, he said it puts the sear closer to striker on solenoid.