PDA

View Full Version : Pre-set or adjustable tank for E-Mag?

Johnny Bravo
12-19-2001, 05:33 PM
I was wondering if presets work well with E-Mags? Do they give high enough flow for high rates of fire? Are they somewhat consistant? Will you get more shots per fill if you can lower the OP? Thanks.

Russ
12-19-2001, 06:13 PM
A lot of guys are running presets (800psi or so output) on their E-Mags. I've not read any reports of shootdown. I run an 88/3000 AGD Flatline with an input pressure of 900psi. I have no shootdown whatsoever.

Will you get more shots per fill if you can lower the OP?

Mags fire a calibrated volume of air (the air in the chamber) with each shot. Lowering the velocity will save air, as well as having an efficient barrel (minimal porting) and a good paint fit. Lowering the input pressure will have no positive effect on efficiency.

E-Mags are not super efficient, nor are they gas hogs.

An E-Mag is like a Ferrari. You get top performance, so don't worry about the gas mileage :)

Johnny Bravo
12-19-2001, 07:11 PM
Thanks Russ... You the man...

DYE-BaLLeR
12-19-2001, 07:19 PM
if u got the dough go adjustable, so when u use M u can adjust the RT trigger. im usin a AA adjustable.

Johnny Bravo
12-20-2001, 06:20 PM
Are there any other benefits from having an adjustable tank besides how reactive the trigger is?

mykroft
12-20-2001, 09:19 PM
On a Mag-Nope, nada beyond reactivity adjustment. However they're a big help on guns like the Bushmaster, whose HPR doesn't like high pressure, a preset will work, but may be problematic, ditto for the Shocker (That's why my Defiant has a Vigilante instead of the stock HPR, best of both worlds)

booyah
12-20-2001, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by mykroft
On a Mag-Nope, nada beyond reactivity adjustment. However they're a big help on guns like the Bushmaster, whose HPR doesn't like high pressure, a preset will work, but may be problematic, ditto for the Shocker (That's why my Defiant has a Vigilante instead of the stock HPR, best of both worlds)

not 100% true there my kroft... on any gun with the RT/Retro/Emag/RT Pro valve (all the same really) a lower input pressure will result in an improvement in consistancy for the first shot low problem. If you set your RT/whatever with an input in the area of 600-650 you shouldnt see shootdown (assuming the tank will keep up, the valve will give you no issues) and your first shot will give you the same fps as the last shot in a string.

also, the new new bushys have no problems with the preset tanks. how you can tell the difference, the old bushys have a reg that is milled with six finger grooves, the new ones 5. also, shockers have no probems with presets assuming the preset has a good flow, the maxflow on the shocker will take care of the rest.

-Booyah