PDA

View Full Version : Centerfire Valves??

Carbon Blue
05-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey there, while looking for a stock lvl7 minimag AIR valve I also was able to find a centerfire valve. My question is simple, what are they and are they made by agd?? Are they able to take the lvl10 bolt setup? Im just planning to build a decent stock minimag from scratch from all the parts and the guy says they were made for a special event or something. Are these even rare? or should i just stick to buying a regular stock minimag air valve?

ahellers
05-12-2006, 12:33 PM
might you mean centerFLAG?
t

Carbon Blue
05-12-2006, 12:42 PM
thats what i thought, but the guy keeps calling them centerfire???

st6212
05-12-2006, 01:20 PM
This thread explains it:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196344

REDRT
05-12-2006, 01:29 PM
No Centerfire Mag is correct. Some valves will say centerfire mag on them. Some will have a CF prefix for there serial number. Like my 68automag valve CF33687 or I resently bought a brand spanking new minimag valve from Tuna, MM18632 it has centerfire mag lazer etched on it. It doesn't have anything to do with the body being center feed. That just dumb. I don't know how to explain it. More or less the design of the mag valve and the term "centerfire" go hand in hand. Do I make any sence?

Carbon Blue
05-12-2006, 01:45 PM
awesome, level 10 is acceptable on these centerfire valves correct?? what makes them different?

REDRT
05-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Level 10 can be used on all mag valves except sydarm and rental valves I believe.

REDRT
05-12-2006, 02:03 PM
The Minimag I bought had the 68automag valve in it when I bought it. It is prenty faded. Functionally the same as any classic A.I.R valve including the MiniMag valve. I just had to have a perfect MiniMag valve for the the MiniMag. Just annoyed me to no end not having the most correct valve in it. Looking at the used market I would find ok deals around the $60 mark for a desent valve. I gave Tuna a shout and it was like $79 shipped, but it was brand new never fired. It is perfect.

Carbon Blue
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
The Minimag I bought had the 68automag valve in it when I bought it. It is prenty faded. Functionally the same as any classic A.I.R valve including the MiniMag valve. I just had to have a perfect MiniMag valve for the the MiniMag. Just annoyed me to no end not having the most correct valve in it. Looking at the used market I would find ok deals around the $60 mark for a desent valve. I gave Tuna a shout and it was like $79 shipped, but it was brand new never fired. It is perfect.

thats how i feel right now, ive got a valve but its got mismatching serial numbers :( so im trying to find a complete matchin s/n minimag valve

Carbon Blue
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
thanks for the help you guys! :headbang:

Shives
05-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Excuse me for the intrusion...

Level 10 can be used on all mag valves except sydarm and rental valves I believe.

Sydarms can be Lvl10'd. That front part of the valve is the same, it is the back (where air comes in) that is different. Last I heard from TK, you can't Lvl10 a PUMP Mag.

Shives

...You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.

ahellers
05-12-2006, 02:28 PM
oh man i would love to see some one put a lvl 10 on a pump mag just so i could laugh at them... you know because there worried about chopping balls at there incredible ROF.

:shooting: "pump" :shooting:
t

REDRT
05-12-2006, 03:16 PM

Sydarms can be Lvl10'd. That front part of the valve is the same, it is the back (where air comes in) that is different. Last I heard from TK, you can't Lvl10 a PUMP Mag.

Shives

I'll have to check on that. I wasn't too sure on that when I wrote it. No real reason to have it on a Sydarm anyway IMO.

EDIT: I ran a search and from what I could find I was correct. The Sydarm will not except the LVL10 stock drop in.

GT
05-13-2006, 08:56 AM
It doesn't have anything to do with the body being center feed. That just dumb. I don't know how to explain it.

No its not. The valves were built for Digger's custom automags. The centerfire mag valves were supposed to be sold with centerfeed bodies, thus the name center fire:

I want one of these, bad
http://web.archive.org/web/20010826084048/www.diggthis.com/guns/cfmain.htm

ahellers
05-13-2006, 09:13 AM
i guess then hi rise whas the thing
t

REDRT
05-13-2006, 09:25 AM
No its not. The valves were built for Digger's custom automags. The centerfire mag valves were supposed to be sold with centerfeed bodies, thus the name center fire:

I want one of these, bad
http://web.archive.org/web/20010826084048/www.diggthis.com/guns/cfmain.htm

Maybe someone with authority like AGD will chime in and spell it out for us? Your link doesn't prove anything other than there calling there customs a centerfire instead of center/vertical feed. Nothing to do with the valves.

Tunaman
05-13-2006, 11:34 AM
The Center Fire valves were just standard Minimag valves lasered with the CF Logo for use on Diggers Vert feed minimags.

REDRT
05-13-2006, 08:04 PM
I stand corrected. Although what about my 68mag valve with no CF logo and just CF serial number? Same difference?

Tunaman
05-13-2006, 10:05 PM
The "CF" in a standard mag serial number does not denote "centerfire". It was an AGD designation only.

REDRT
05-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks Tuna. I have learned something intresting and new.

GT
05-14-2006, 02:37 PM
The Center Fire valves were just standard Minimag valves lasered with the CF Logo for use on Diggers Vert feed minimags.

I think the intresting thing is that the digger serials started with CF like non-minimag valves instead of MM for minimag.

REDRT
05-14-2006, 03:40 PM
I think the intresting thing is that the digger serials started with CF like non-minimag valves instead of MM for minimag.

Apparently I have one of these digger minimag valves per the CF logo lazer etched and it has a MM serial. Tuna states the lone CF serial # was an AGD thing and had nothing to do with "Diggers". Just a coincidence? To me it makes no sence to call a vert feed a centerfire and should refer more to the valve, but hey that is how it is...

Chaos_Theory!
05-14-2006, 04:01 PM
I used to own a Diggers mag with a centerfire valve but that was a long time ago. lol

Also, Red is right from what i can remember about the Sydarm and an LX, they will not work together.

SpitFire1299
05-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I have a regular 1 star mag valve that starts out with CF. Theres nothing special about it other than that.

"CF45313"

REDRT
05-14-2006, 04:18 PM
CF33687 for me...

Geoff Call
05-14-2006, 05:59 PM
oh man i would love to see some one put a lvl 10 on a pump mag just so i could laugh at them... you know because there worried about chopping balls at there incredible ROF.

:shooting: "pump" :shooting:
t

Shives

I have to argue about this. Though the level 10 will not "function" as an anti-chop bolt, the bolt system works perfectly well on a pump mag and is actually much easier to tune than the level 7 with a pump mag.

I do want to think that the powertube tip is a different size or the bolt is longer or stub nosed or something along those lines on the Sydarms.
Putting the level 10 on the Sydarm would be "pointless" however because the amount of air required to actually function the anti-chop system would drain a 12gram in like 5 shots.:) Feel free to correct me but I have a point somewhere:).

-Geoff Call

Army
05-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Also, Red is right from what i can remember about the Sydarm and an LX, they will not work together.
However, a Superbolt works very well on a Sydarm...heh heh heeeeeh!