PDA

View Full Version : Trigger issues.

RiTZ509
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Ok, I recently purcahsed a Lvl 10 for my classic vavle, because I am sick and tired of chopping my balls. :wow: So, my setup, I have a classic valve, on a powerfeed hopper left body, with an RT Pro rail, and a single trigger frame.

The problem, when I air it up, using HPA, there are no leaks, when I pull the trigger, nothing happens. At first I thought it was a Lvl 10 issue, but I tried every different size carrier. After I thought about, changing the carrier should not have any bearing on the trigger. So that is where I am at.

My second Mag, I have a classic valve with a lvl 10 on it, and I have gotten everything working, the bolt resets just with when I stick a swab in there, everything operates great, only problem, if I pull the trigger and hold it back, I hear a leak but it goes away after about 3 seconds. This I believe is another problem with my trigger, but again not entirely sure.

Thanks for the help guys!!

PumpPlayer
05-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Turn your velocity up.

When installing the level 10, you drop in a heavier mainspring, correct?
You need to increase the pressure (via velocity adjustment) behind the bolt in order to overcome that additional spring tension.

It is necessary for the level 10 and your mag in general to function as desired.
If you get stumped again, check out the various troubleshooting guides on the internet.
Just Google "automag level 10 troubleshooting" and you'll get plenty of good opinions.

Good luck.

athomas
05-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Using the largest carrier that doesn't leak, increase the velocity on the first mag. As mentioned, the level 10 spring requires a higher velocity setting to counter the stiffer bolt spring.

On the second mag, you are experiencing bolt stick from a carrier that is too tight. Use a larger carrier. A slight hiss when you hold the trigger in, and goes away after 3 seconds is normal for a level 10 bolt setup. Don't worry about it.

RiTZ509
05-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the info. I got the first mag working spendidly, one of my friends, kingpen509, had an extra RT On/Off that we put into the classic valve, it works incredibly.

The second one, I have not taken the time to fiddle with it yet, but thank you for the advice.