PDA

View Full Version : warning to anyone in massachusetts...

slade
05-12-2006, 03:09 PM
if you have to pay the RMV for anything, whether its a speeding ticket, registration, or, well, anything, do NOT pay online.

a few months ago i got a speeding ticket on my way to school for 41 in a 20. i used the site www.mass.gov/rmv to pay for the ticket, as it said i could pay online on the back of the ticket. just yesterday, i got a notice in the mail saying my licence is going to be suspended. so, aparently, the payment didnt process, even though i printed off a receipt. wonderful.

i talked to my latin teacher, and he said he actually had the same thing happen to him. he paid for his car's registration online, and the payment never processed. he got pulled over and when the police officer found out that his car was not properly registered, he had it towed.

RapidTransit
05-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up the RMV is the biggest gaff I have ever seen :mad:

maxama10
05-12-2006, 09:43 PM
if you have to pay the RMV for anything, whether its a speeding ticket, registration, or, well, anything, do NOT pay online.

a few months ago i got a speeding ticket on my way to school for 41 in a 20. i used the site www.mass.gov/rmv to pay for the ticket, as it said i could pay online on the back of the ticket. just yesterday, i got a notice in the mail saying my licence is going to be suspended. so, aparently, the payment didnt process, even though i printed off a receipt. wonderful.

i talked to my latin teacher, and he said he actually had the same thing happen to him. he paid for his car's registration online, and the payment never processed. he got pulled over and when the police officer found out that his car was not properly registered, he had it towed.

but you have your receipt so... shouldnt you be able to just show that to them and get your license back? whats wrong with the gov't anymore :tard:

slade
05-12-2006, 10:01 PM
but you have your receipt so... shouldnt you be able to just show that to them and get your license back? whats wrong with the gov't anymore :tard:
see, they have this little disclaimer written at the bottom saying that its confirming that you placed the transaction, and *not* that the transaction necessarily went through.

robnix
05-12-2006, 10:17 PM
see, they have this little disclaimer written at the bottom saying that its confirming that you placed the transaction, and *not* that the transaction necessarily went through.

CC or bank records?

BeaverEater
05-13-2006, 01:07 AM
thats cause you clicked off before it was completed. The same thing happens here in wi, but it warns you like a million times not to close off to soon.

slade
05-18-2006, 02:38 PM
update time!

...i really dont understand the RMV. im not sure if anyone really does.

so i called the RMV to see what was going on. the woman said that, aparently, i have to wait 10 days before paying the ticket online or the payment wont go through. now, that would have been a useful piece of information to print on the ticket, right about where it says that you can pay online. yeah, i think that would have been a good piece of information to be aware of ahead of time. in fact, i think on the ticket they said you must pay WITHIN a certain time limit, 10-15 days i think. even though on the letter they sent me it says that the "default date" is 1 month 5 days after the citation (i guess thats to give them time for mailed payments, and to process everything).

i asked why i didnt get an e-mail saying that the payment did not go through or that i must wait 10 days. they said that they sent one. hmm. so i guess their mail system doesnt work either.

she couldnt waive the late fee either, she said that i either have to go to a hearing to get it waived, or just pay the $70 along with the $210 ticket.

B.A.M.
05-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Sometimes MA just amazes me. Try to get the ticket waved, half the time the cop wont show so you'll get off scott free. Side track for a second but is there any news on when they'll be changein the insurance her. i hate paying 3g for my pathfinder. :mad:

slade
05-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Sometimes MA just amazes me. Try to get the ticket waved, half the time the cop wont show so you'll get off scott free.
maybe i should have tried that.

as for your question, no idea.

B.A.M.
05-19-2006, 10:04 PM
maybe i should have tried that.

Trust me it works, cops have better things to do. DOne it twice already and insurance all the same.