PDA

View Full Version : What do you need?(bps)

buzzboy
05-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Actually how much BPS do YOU as an individual need. Today I was out watching and everybody has all this firepower so they "can compete". Do you really need that much. I found today that with my mag and my friends cocker that I was averaging about 8-10 bps. Not to shabby. I though that it was plenty and I could hold my own with it. More would make me feel uncompfortable. So I ask the question

What do you have? and How much of that do you actually need to hold your own?

mag_lover05
05-13-2006, 06:50 PM
pump=1 bps and pwnage. :headbang:

stop whining buy a mag
05-13-2006, 07:05 PM
You weren't doing 8-10 on a mech.

15.3 during tournaments.

1 against n00b kids.

Dark Frost17
05-13-2006, 07:06 PM
11-13with my mag on the xball field :shooting:
1 with a pump..... :headbang:
5-7 small woods :D

buzzboy
05-13-2006, 07:16 PM
You weren't doing 8-10 on a mech.

The big red chrono and my friends eyes beg to differ.

b e n
05-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I used to have fast guns but I realised I can get the same job done on my mech mag with 7 bps as I used to with 15. I found the way I play all I needis a burst of 7-9 balls at a to keep heads down and my mag delivers :headbang: I really dont think anything above what a mech can put out is needed but shooting fast is fun so electros are here to stay :)

DaveSM
05-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Pumps about all the time so 1-2 bps and less.

When I get angry I may pick up a semi and maybe in the future when my mag will be back from Coolhand an electro. But I feel bad for some time when I waste that much paint...

1337caesar
05-13-2006, 07:31 PM
i need every ball i can have coming out of my gun. I play back and from one side of the field to the other my freak is not accurate enough for me to hit every exposed part. and when im shooting and a guy dives im thankfull for the extra balls that might hit him rather than bounce.
but i set my bps cap to 5 when playing aganst friends just because there is no sense in ripping 15+ bps in a friendly game. speed has its place, as long as you can control it it is a usefull tool. walkons with 17bps ramping ions generally dont have the bps under control.

Chaos_Theory!
05-13-2006, 07:33 PM
The big red chrono and my friends eyes beg to differ.

Chronographs arent very accurate when measuring bps.

buzzboy
05-13-2006, 07:42 PM
It seemed close enough. About the same as Spyder F/A which is about that same speed.

OneEyedPimp
05-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Generally 5, mostly less.

1992Balla
05-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah I was at the field with him and I shot the cocker 10 bps myself

AGDlover
05-13-2006, 07:56 PM
my cocker-19bps(ubber bounce though)
Angel- 15
My BM5- Lol never used it in semi
My Emag- 15sih

Lol I love my guns fast!

Zeruel
05-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I find that the 13bps my hypermag spits out is more than enough for speedball. Heck, I played one game with a gravity feed(aka i was shooting about 5bps), and that was enough for me. But when I play back I much prefer my revy, as the more paint i put in the air the better chance i hae of hitting someone.

peewee
05-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Matters where I'm at generally I can compete fine with a LVL7 classic without issue. Today I was holding my own with a phantom/pgp & the hotrod.

REDRT
05-13-2006, 08:10 PM
What ever the max rate of fire allowed per the rules of the game. More of a want than a need, but want normally trumps need for me.

Beemer
05-13-2006, 08:17 PM
One shot one pull, as fast as I can, is all I want or will ever need. I aint scared of no Gho I mean ramping.

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

REDRT
05-13-2006, 08:57 PM
One shot one pull, as fast as I can, is all I want or will ever need. I aint scared of no Gho I mean ramping.

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

With modern software you darn near have to turn the ramping on to slow the marker down. If all else fails, cross the streams Beemer. :D

http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoWi.gif

Beemer
05-13-2006, 09:42 PM
If all else fails, cross the streams Beemer. :D

But its never been done before. Do we know what will happen if I do that. :spit_take

REDRT
05-13-2006, 11:03 PM
But its never been done before. Do we know what will happen if I do that. :spit_take

Life is a state of mind

But it's my favorite state.

Either way we're history.

:rofl:

EDIT: I just realized the movie Beemer and I have been quoting was made about 8 years before buzz was born. Do I ever feel old now. :eek:

Pyroboy597
05-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Rec Ball 15-17 BPS
Speed/X 15 BPS (PSP Ramping)
Speed w/ friends Uncapped PSP Ramping (gets up to about 26 ish)

ABTOCMEPTb
05-13-2006, 11:10 PM
My Cyborg 06 is capable to shoot true 34 bps.

My fingers are capable to pull true 10-11 bps on Xmod simulator.

When I play I care more about how not to twist my ancle or not to hurt my messy lowback.

Beemer
05-14-2006, 01:00 AM
:rofl:

EDIT: I just realized the movie Beemer and I have been quoting was made about 8 years before buzz was born. Do I ever feel old now. :eek:

:rofl: Who ya gonna call? Dam now I gotta watch the movie again to refresh my old memory. You aint old son, you were twelve when I started playing. :ninja:

You dont quit playing cause you get old.
You get old cause you quit playing.
And Im still playing. :shooting:

snoopay700
05-14-2006, 01:12 AM
I average probably around 6-10 on my mech rt, i've never recorded it but you can actually walk it ok. However, you rarely find me shooting more than around 5 shots at a time, because they're either out by then or they ducked back in. Oh, and also with my spyder i probably got around 5 (if that) and i bunkered a guy with an ion and another guy, then i got a guy with a cocker across the field, and this was speedball. You don't need to shoot fast, you need to be fast and actually good, shooting fast is just an added/cool bonus (i mean i never bounce in a real game, but it's cool that i can).

Z-man
05-14-2006, 01:26 AM
My Cyborg 06 is capable to shoot true 34 bps.

Ya MacDev claims 33 on their site but I was shocked and astounded to see that they took the rout everyone else does. They just made the claim and didn't even try and back it up in any way.... I was hoping for some super terrific nuclear physics which would provide the irrefutable proof. I mean nothing like a video or anything (no one ever has the balls to make one of those...).

But more to the subject of the thread.

How much do I need? The simple answer is that you can never have too much (just like computer RAM). I play paintball because its the closest thing to a video game and as everyone knows that machine gun is really cool! Since we don't have BFG's or rocket launchers in paintball I am limited to the fastest shooting marker. Having the fastest marker means that people are filled with great respect (they may be so filled with respect that they may fill their pants once they are subject to my barrage of paint). Thus my necessary ROF is based of a few simple rules.

Rule #1- 18-20bps is the minimum speed acceptable to instill the required level of respect upon the rest of the field (based on typical results from observing the max ROF likely to be encountered in a public field from 2001-2005)(minimum ROF subject to change based on field results)

Rule #2- If there is anyone who is reaching up into the speeds I have selected for the day, I must raise that by 3-4bps more. So if some punk is pulling off 18bps, it's time to crank the input pressure and jump up to 23bps. This ensures that the respect that should have been received for the 18bps gets taken care of and that people continue to fear my mighty visage!

Rule #3- If there are people that are acclimated to my ROF and style of play I must make every effort to raise the bps above their comfort zone. This is by far the most important rule. See if the opposing team is not defecating all over the place there is the distinct possibility they could move up and threaten my position. That means I would have to try and hit them (like really try) or worse yet that they might eliminate some of my team and make me do more work.

Rule #4- Anyone who starts up with that old crap about Mags being slow heavy paint blenders with be subject to 3-4 pods of rapid-fire at the best rate I can possibly get off. There is nothing wrong with being 100% wrong, but blathering on about things you know not of will cost you insolent wretch! Now kiss my ring.

Ya that is the long and short of it.

REDRT
05-14-2006, 01:52 AM
:rofl: Who ya gonna call? Dam now I gotta watch the movie again to refresh my old memory. You aint old son, you were twelve when I started playing. :ninja:

You dont quit playing cause you get old.
You get old cause you quit playing.
And Im still playing. :shooting:

Does it get any better in them golden years? You Sir must be almost geriatric at your age! :D And don't say, "that depends" :rofl: OH so wrong. Keep on a blazing away my friend. I'll cover you. I'll be the gatekeeper and you can be the keyholder. Gozer is coming to town.

REDRT
05-14-2006, 02:01 AM
post #25

I like your way of thinking. :cheers:

Raising the bps one mag at a time...

jenarelJAM
05-14-2006, 04:45 AM
Ya MacDev claims 33 on their site but I was shocked and astounded to see that they took the rout everyone else does. They just made the claim and didn't even try and back it up in any way.... I was hoping for some super terrific nuclear physics which would provide the irrefutable proof. I mean nothing like a video or anything (no one ever has the balls to make one of those...).

But more to the subject of the thread.

How much do I need? The simple answer is that you can never have too much (just like computer RAM). I play paintball because its the closest thing to a video game and as everyone knows that machine gun is really cool! Since we don't have BFG's or rocket launchers in paintball I am limited to the fastest shooting marker. Having the fastest marker means that people are filled with great respect (they may be so filled with respect that they may fill their pants once they are subject to my barrage of paint). Thus my necessary ROF is based of a few simple rules.

Rule #1- 18-20bps is the minimum speed acceptable to instill the required level of respect upon the rest of the field (based on typical results from observing the max ROF likely to be encountered in a public field from 2001-2005)(minimum ROF subject to change based on field results)

Rule #2- If there is anyone who is reaching up into the speeds I have selected for the day, I must raise that by 3-4bps more. So if some punk is pulling off 18bps, it's time to crank the input pressure and jump up to 23bps. This ensures that the respect that should have been received for the 18bps gets taken care of and that people continue to fear my mighty visage!

Rule #3- If there are people that are acclimated to my ROF and style of play I must make every effort to raise the bps above their comfort zone. This is by far the most important rule. See if the opposing team is not defecating all over the place there is the distinct possibility they could move up and threaten my position. That means I would have to try and hit them (like really try) or worse yet that they might eliminate some of my team and make me do more work.

Rule #4- Anyone who starts up with that old crap about Mags being slow heavy paint blenders with be subject to 3-4 pods of rapid-fire at the best rate I can possibly get off. There is nothing wrong with being 100% wrong, but blathering on about things you know not of will cost you insolent wretch! Now kiss my ring.

Ya that is the long and short of it.
Thanks for keeping them in line... :rofl:

Jonno06
05-14-2006, 08:14 AM
i pulled 17 yesterday in semi with my 2k2 lasoya timmy.

i dont really NEED that much, its just how much my fingers wanted i guess :shooting:

50 cal
05-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Rec? 5-7 bps. No use in going crazy with the triger. Tournament, whatev er you can get to keep up with the Jones apparently. I just look at it and shake my head. The 1 case per elimination looks ridiculous. Makes for great TV though.

Will have to watch the hilarity next weekend at the Tampa NPPL.

ABTOCMEPTb
05-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Ya MacDev claims 33 on their site but I was shocked and astounded to see that they took the rout everyone else does. They just made the claim and didn't even try and back it up in any way.... I was hoping for some super terrific nuclear physics which would provide the irrefutable proof. I mean nothing like a video or anything (no one ever has the balls to make one of those...)

VIDEO (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3542895081071222010&q=Cyborg)

VIDEO (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1271150689082966221&q=Cyborg)

stop whining buy a mag
05-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately those videos simply show the marker cycling. Proves nothing really. I know for a fact that my DM6 will cycle 30 times a second but I doubt it could do it with paint even if I had a Q-loader or Cheetah board in my Halo.

Your ROF does not cover up any lack of skill. I know a n00b when I see one playing. He could be shooting 23 BPS and I could still pick him out in a second. The fact that he can't run and gun, switch hands, or snapshoot is what allows me to kill him with 1 ball.

I don't need any ROF beyond 1 BPS unless I'm playing on a 10' by 10' field with 100 people. I simply enjoy 15.3 BPS with other people at my skill level (Rookie tournament players). It's a fair rate of fire that I believe is fairly safe but fast enough to keep the game exciting.

People who claim to be shooting 8+ BPS on mech gun with no RT need to shoot over ballistic chronograph. Unless you have something like a PneuMag or ULT you're not going to achieve that ROF.

People who complain about the spoiled children that shoot the "billion BPS" need to stop whining. By complaining about this you're saying that you have just as much skill as the 10 year old who's rolling his new PM6 on Uncapped PSP ramping. If you have skill then you just need to get out there and force the kid into a position that most new players would struggle with. Make him shoot with his offhand or start snapshooting against him.

I'm done ranting.

REDRT
05-14-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't need any ROF beyond 1 BPS unless I'm playing on a 10' by 10' field with 100 people.

:eek: Man you must be a bad shot then! :D

punkncat
05-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Chronographs arent very accurate when measuring bps.

As measured against what? The readout on your board? Soundwave?

What benchmark are you using to determine that the chrono station isn't accuratly reading the BPS? It measures FPS accurately enough to use officially. Its radar sends many more pulses per second than ANY paintball marker can even come close to, so how can it not be accurate at reading fire rate as well as speed?

Especially when you consider that it was designed to do so.....

b e n
05-14-2006, 11:46 AM
I know that 10 bps can be done with a mech, with practice you can rip a mech trigger pretty fast my friend got his mech A5 up to 11 goldwaved and I usually get 8-10 on a tippy and on my mag.

Arstron
05-14-2006, 12:45 PM
10 bps is plenty for anyone for any situation other then showing off. If you cant shoot somone with a steady 10 bps, then its doughtful that you could get them with 30 bps either.

Z-man
05-14-2006, 12:55 PM
VIDEO (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3542895081071222010&q=Cyborg)

VIDEO (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1271150689082966221&q=Cyborg)
Oh thank you!

Analyisis of Video #1 "MacDev 06 Cyborg 30bps" (cps not bps you swine!)
http://www.zakvetter.com/images/linked_images/macdev-06-cyborg-30bps.gif

Looks like other than saying he was shooting paint it did cycle 30x per second. Pretty close to the 34bps they claim. Is there a version with paint?

Analysis of Video #2 "MacDev 06 Cyborg Stormtrooper"
http://www.zakvetter.com/images/linked_images/macdev-06-cyborg-stormtroop.gif

Again a cycle test without paint. I'm thinking the other Cyborg had a better flow tank hooked up and the Borg was limited by that rather than its own pneumatics.

Good stuff. I hope they put out a video demoing 34bps soon because I have plans...

Grey Goose
05-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I have read/heard from several sources that at 9+ bps, no one can run between the balls if you're shooting a lane... and isn't that REALLY what you need good bps for? It's been my experience that I have a in-game shooting speed of around 11bps. I've never had anyone run through my lane. So that's what I need, and I daresay anyone else can be perfectly happy w/ 9+ as well.

stop whining buy a mag
05-14-2006, 01:55 PM
As measured against what? The readout on your board? Soundwave?

What benchmark are you using to determine that the chrono station isn't accuratly reading the BPS? It measures FPS accurately enough to use officially. Its radar sends many more pulses per second than ANY paintball marker can even come close to, so how can it not be accurate at reading fire rate as well as speed?

Especially when you consider that it was designed to do so.....

When people say it is not accurate for ROF, they are usually comparing it to a ballistic chronograph. The CFOA, NPPL, PSP, NXL all do not use the red chronograph to test ROF. With the ballistic chronograph, you can go back and look at the time between each shot to determine a more accurate reading.

I had my gun on PSP mode one day and while chrono'ing (over a red chrono) I accidently hit the trigger too many times and it started ramping. The red chrono showed a speed of 18 BPS. I tried it again and got 16 BPS. The third time I got another reading of 18 BPS. The ballistic chronograph showed a steady 15.3 to 15.4 BPS.

REDRT
05-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Food for thought. A M60 machine gun fires around 9.2 rounds a second and an M249 SAW fires about 12.5 rounds a second. Most of us anymore fire faster than the weapons that defend our Country.

ABTOCMEPTb
05-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Would you please make a sound test of these two videos too. I think its with paint now.

VIDEO (http://www.tagsportz.com/videos/macdev.mov)

VIDEO (http://media.putfile.com/CYBORG79)

Arstron
05-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Good stuff. I hope they put out a video demoing 34bps soon because I have plans...

plans? trying to make a mag go faster? I'm scared!

Z-man
05-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Would you please make a sound test of these two videos too. I think its with paint now.

No sound played for me :( some stupid codec..... if you can pull it off I would be most grateful. I didn't see paint but then the camera was not aimed well TO see the paint.

plans? trying to make a mag go faster? I'm scared!

Since no one else has, it looks like it's time to up the pressure on people. I HATE seeing things like this with NO attempt to back them up. (Nothing against you Aussies, I happen to like you all very much).

http://www.zakvetter.com/images/linked_images/fastestLIEZ.gif
oh it's on. I'll show YOU fastest.

jenarelJAM
05-14-2006, 05:12 PM
I need 14 bps, cause I shoot 10-12 in game, so 14 allows for varience.

Yeah, go Z-man!!!

Also, I believe that a red chrono only monitors three shots, so it's very inaccurate. If you monitor over 10 shots, and take the average time, it will give you nine 'rest' periods to measure(when the shot's aren't being fired), but when you only measure over three shots, it only gives you 2 'rest' periods. Anyone know for sure?

warbeak2099
05-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh goodness Z-man you made me giggle. :rofl:

REDRT
05-14-2006, 06:05 PM
I wonder how they figure. Independent tests show a stock Halo B doesn't feed that fast unless mod'd, battery/board. No mention of mod'd halo just a Halo B...

Looking closer at the Borg I feel like quoting Arnold as the Predator pulled off his mask!

Steelrat
05-14-2006, 06:19 PM

Odd that you really can't see any paint in either of those videos. In our viking and mag videos, the paint is very, very obvious. Plus, I find it incredible that a Halo can sustain those rates of fire.

There has to be better videos than that.

onedude36
05-14-2006, 07:27 PM
I play back so i need every ball i can get. helps account for inaccuracies both on my and the gun's end. Also helps when dealing with silly wipers and bouncy paint.

SpecialBlend2786
05-14-2006, 08:24 PM
7-10 bps.

with a CCM Mech cocker is all I need I think.

Jim888
05-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I usually limit it to 14bps ramping on my DM3 thats all I usually need for speed ball at the local field or I can get about 12 on my X-valved ule mag

Go mags!

nate2k191
05-14-2006, 09:33 PM
I like using my mech mag (5-9 bps) for rec play. All you need "to compete" is a pump gun, but it's easier to keep people behind cover with a bit higher bps.

But if you plan on 'shooting lanes,' typically done in tourney style play, it's nice to have a higher bps to increase the chance to hit someone on the run/moving. So thats why i have emag lowers to throw on my mech mag. :headbang:

paintballfreak90
05-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Z-man----

so whens this new video coming out...i cant wait to see a mag go over 33 with paint :wow: . This is gunna be sweeet :dance:

Z-man
05-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Z-man----

so whens this new video coming out...i cant wait to see a mag go over 33 with paint :wow: . This is gunna be sweeet :dance:

Classified. But it is coming and so much more than that. If everything unfolds as I hope it will there will be 7 or 8 new videos that will keep PBN and AO busy for the rest of that month I am SURE of that.

SpecialBlend2786
05-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Classified. But it is coming and so much more than that. If everything unfolds as I hope it will there will be 7 or 8 new videos that will keep PBN and AO busy for the rest of that month I am SURE of that.

:clap:

White_Noise
05-15-2006, 10:22 AM
bps for me:

woods: 5-12
speedball, tourney, etc: 16-17 uncapped, or 15 with ramp. honestly i usually sustain around 14 with semi during play, but do get bursts when i need them( i love when i get checked at ramping allowed tourneys because they think my gun is ramping above 15, but they cant get it to shoot faster, then look really shocked when they realize its in semi)

as for being able to run through streams of paint:

300ft/1sec * by 1sec/15 balls means that the balls are 20ft/ball apart in air, deffinately able to run through without getting hit, and if not, there is a good chance of bounce anyway, especially during cross field shots.

Arstron
05-15-2006, 11:11 AM
as for being able to run through streams of paint:

300ft/1sec * by 1sec/15 balls means that the balls are 20ft/ball apart in air, deffinately able to run through without getting hit, and if not, there is a good chance of bounce anyway, especially during cross field shots.

Which doesnt factor in that the speed the paintball is moving. NPPL fields are 100 feet x 180 feet. So in 1 second you have 15 paintballs flying 180 feet at 300 feet per second (thats 204.5 Miles/Hour), even with paint 20 feet apart, once one ball misses you the next ball will be where you are at in less then a 1/8 of a second. I cant figure how much the paintball slows down at 180 feet, but even if it slows down to half its speed it would be further then an 1/8 of a second away. There could be a mile between 2 paintballs, but if they are moving at the speed of light then there is no way you could run threw them. :D

magsRus
05-15-2006, 01:25 PM
I shoot a stream of paint at 17 bps so no one can come through my lane off the break

jenarelJAM
05-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Odd that you really can't see any paint in either of those videos. In our viking and mag videos, the paint is very, very obvious. Plus, I find it incredible that a Halo can sustain those rates of fire.

There has to be better videos than that.

I'm doubtful on the first vid, but the second vid, you can see the paintballs at one point, and the rip drive moves when he shoots, and stops when he stops, so it's gotta have paint. Plus the light changes :P

And yes, I really don't think halos can do 30+, even with "the BONE" and a cheetah board.

ABTOCMEPTb
05-15-2006, 08:07 PM
All I can tell you is that TAG team in Cyborg community is like Tunaman in Mags community.

Z-man
05-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Got this video's sound working.

http://media.putfile.com/CYBORG79

It's a shame that the recoding was done in those conditions as I really cann't tell how many shots per second it is... Here is a section of the sound file. Can you make any sence of it?

http://www.zakvetter.com/images/linked_images/cyborg_paint_sound.gif

Sounds fast... probably is fast but I can't say how fast :(

Steelrat
05-22-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm doubtful on the first vid, but the second vid, you can see the paintballs at one point, and the rip drive moves when he shoots, and stops when he stops, so it's gotta have paint. Plus the light changes :P

And yes, I really don't think halos can do 30+, even with "the BONE" and a cheetah board.

I saw the light change on the grip, and the rip moving, but that doesn't tell us much, sense we don't know what board the halo has, and what mode the gun was in. It's just a terrible video.