PDA

View Full Version : ULE mainbody barrel types?

Ratt
05-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Just out of curiosity...were there ever any ULE mainbodies made that accepted the regular twist-lock barrels instead of autococker-threaded barrels? I want a ULE body, but I don't want to have to buy a new barrel just for that body.

snoopay700
05-14-2006, 01:23 AM
Just out of curiosity...were there ever any ULE mainbodies made that accepted the regular twist-lock barrels instead of autococker-threaded barrels? I want a ULE body, but I don't want to have to buy a new barrel just for that body.
I feel the same way, if it weren't for my crown point barrel i'd have a ULE body by now. i wish there was an adapter or i could get the crown point threaded for a cocker.

Temo Vryce
05-14-2006, 06:06 AM
I feel the same way, if it weren't for my crown point barrel i'd have a ULE body by now. i wish there was an adapter or i could get the crown point threaded for a cocker.

The X to mag adapter would be hard to pull off as you would have to plug the large hole in the barrel to prevent ball breakage.

Getting the barrel threaded on the other had would be easier, but it may require taking it to a machine shop and having the threads hand cut on a mill. It will also entail losing about 3 or 4 inches of over all barrel length, maybe more.

PnueMagger
05-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I think he's talikng about an Automag >> cocker adapter. Like usign a CrownPoint on a cocker threaded body.

Stealthed_Banana
05-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Thats just not feasibly possible.

You would spend more on the adapter than just buying a new cocker-threaded barrel. Kinda defeats the purpose.

It's too bad that you feel that way, some people would deem it a worthy cause.

CoolHand
05-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Just have someone turn the back of the barrel down and single point some threads on it.

I've got a pile of barrels here waiting for just such a treatment once I get the compound back together on my lathe.

No, I don't feel comfortable enough to do yours . . . . yet, but I'm sure Doc or Punisher could. Maybe Luke here on AO too, I don't recall if he has a lathe or not though.

It's a fairly simple operation, but be prepared to spend at least as much as a new one piece barrel to have yours converted. It will also make the barrel about 2" shorter.

tolley
05-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Getting away from the twist-lock system was one of the main reasons I purchased the ULE body, and I have never regretted it. But I can understand having an attachment to a particular barrel.

Ratt
05-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Oh well...it was worth asking. I really like my crown-point barrels, but I guess I will just have to plan on buying a barrel when I decide to buy a ULE body.

White_Noise
05-15-2006, 08:30 AM
there was someone on here before that used to lathe barrels down for cocker threading. you really only loose slightly over an inch during the process.

Lohman446
05-15-2006, 10:04 AM
You might look at the stainless steel no-rise body to get what you want.