PDA

View Full Version : Tourny Mags

Shifty Capone
12-19-2001, 07:05 PM
Hey all,
I post a lot on the pbreview forums..........and i never see any1 that has a mag in tournaments! most people have cockers or electros!
why is this? are mags not tourny guns or something? i plan on playin tournys later in my pball life and i want a gun thatll keep up with me!

BTAutoMag
12-19-2001, 07:13 PM
well emags are used in tournaments

FooTemps
12-19-2001, 07:26 PM
People pick autocockers because they are sponsored by a team that makes autocockers... They also use autocockers because they are more efficient and consistant. The only problem with cockers is that they aren't as tough as a mag.
Angels are used to just sling paint into the air and make players go for cover. Electro triggers are also a lot easier to fire...

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-19-2001, 07:28 PM
just wait to the SLF's and the Modulars hit the stores "officially" heh then lets see how quickly emags get to the top pushing all in is path to the side and bottom ;)

MAGgot Man
12-19-2001, 07:52 PM
Go to Warpig and look at some of the tourneys there...I saw a quite few in the 2000 World cup. Mags CAN keep up with however fast you can pull. Just look at the retrovalve. 26+ bps.

PS. The Emag uses the exact same valve as the RT pro.

AGDmagman2001
12-19-2001, 08:51 PM
I saw a guy on warpig TV with a mag with retro valve and 1x benchmark. If I remember it was Jax Warriors vs. Avalanche(sp).

RiceRocket
12-20-2001, 09:06 AM
I started playing tourneys using a Mag and still use a Mag(w/ Retro valve). As recent as World Cup, I changed over to an SFL E-mag. These guns can keep up with anything out there. When the ACE hits the market, I'm willing to bet you'll see more E-mags out there soon. Cockers and Angels have been so prevelant on the tourney scene because of the ability to hot-rod and customize them. Cockers are tried and true with so many aftermarket stuff available. The Angel was the best electro tournament when first introduced and has had a dramatic impact among tournament players.

Ityl
12-20-2001, 10:06 AM
Look at more local tournies and you will see a lot mags. I only used a mag, and for a while my whole teams was using mags.

skipdogg
12-20-2001, 11:11 AM
Been using Mags in tournies for long long time. And i still use them. Rt's and Emag's can keep up & smoke anything else out there.

Scorch
12-20-2001, 12:47 PM
I never had a problem with my mag. Solid as a rock!

Now that feed systems can keep up with them... RT's or Emags are a killer choice. Cocker threading and lightening of the frame are what really got my attention.

I'm just starting to look into my next electro.

The list includes:
SFL EMag
ShockTech Matrix
MacDev Sonic Bushmaster
CenterFlag Uprising for my cocker (LOL :D I just realized how funny that sounds!)

All can use the barrels I already have. And all are well made and dependable. Its not going to be an easy choice.

Scorch

FeelTheRT
12-20-2001, 01:40 PM
Mags are very nice and are used in tournament but u will always see more Cockers and Angel just because. People tend to like stuff that are easily customizable and able to replace all parts.

FooTemps
12-20-2001, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
Mags are very nice and are used in tournament but u will always see more Cockers and Angel just because. People tend to like stuff that are easily customizable and able to replace all parts.

Yeah, this also helps the sponsors if they used customized parts by them! It'll get more ameture players buying...