PDA

View Full Version : Why go Mag instead of a diff gun?

Shifty Capone
12-19-2001, 07:11 PM
Hey all,
Why did you choose a mag as opposed to a cocker or impy er some other gun?? im askin cuz ive wanted a mag for awhile and i almost have enuff money but now im havin second thoughts about the cocker and stuff

DYE-BaLLeR
12-19-2001, 07:17 PM
lookin at ur post it appears to me ur questionin the mag?i luv them because i think they can shoot very fast, their small, light, upgradable, and durable. i also never really liked electros but i guess im gunna start when i get my emag for christmas

BTAutoMag
12-19-2001, 07:20 PM
mags may not be the best... what am i talking about? mags are the best they will out last any gun on the field(besides tippmann) and they have the fastest recharge time of any gun. once you've had mag, you'll never go back.

toymyster
12-19-2001, 07:34 PM
They're compact, well built, fast, reliable, simple to maintain and repair, and AGD stands behind they're product. AGD customer service is second to none!! Also, it doesn't need much upgrading, which, in the long run, can save you a bundle!! All that and being just a pleasure to shoot is why I went with a 'Mag!!

Cha0tic
12-19-2001, 07:37 PM
they are probably the most compact high level marker you can buy. they are built like rocks. you put oil in it every month and it will run great. it has a distinctive short crisp pull that can shoot as fast as electros, especially with an intelliframe....

after a hrd day of playing, gas it up, throw it in a bucket of water to wash it off, dry it, and put it away....

Bartleby
12-20-2001, 12:05 AM
need anyone say more? :D

PsychoMag
12-20-2001, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Shifty Capone
Hey all,
Why did you choose a mag as opposed to a cocker or impy er some other gun?? im askin cuz ive wanted a mag for awhile and i almost have enuff money but now im havin second thoughts about the cocker and stuff

First, and biggest...RELIABILITY

An Imp is sweet, but they break alot, lose dwell settings etc... Cockers? extremely high maintenance in general and sensitive. Too many moving parts.

Mags are good out of the box, backed by Tom Kaye himself, it is the best. Who else gives you a transferrable lifetime warranty?

If you are on a limited budget, go with a mag, you get the most for your $$ with very low maintenance.

Sledgehammer
12-20-2001, 07:20 AM
When I bought my Mag (in '93) I originally wanted a Cocker. Back then the Cocker wasn't legal in Germany. For tournanment play it was Mag or Cocker back then, so I got the Mag.
Why do I still have that Mag? It never broke in 8 years (except for o-rings).

Shaft
12-20-2001, 07:59 AM
I decided on a Mag when I had a similar debate. The folks that ran Cockers couldn't let me try it out because they were busy fixing it.

At the target range:
Me: "Hey Im thinking of buying a new gun, can I fire a couple rounds on your Cocker?"

Cockerowner: "No, it does not work and I'm trying to fix it."

Now I have two mags!

skipdogg
12-20-2001, 08:26 AM
When i bought my mag there were no cockers or impy's etc.

I bought the best gun that existed at the time. that was over 10 years ago... and i still own the best gun that exists!!!!
durability, reliability, performance, customer service....need i keep going??

mykroft
12-20-2001, 12:43 PM
My buddy who owned my mag at the time was loaned a Defiant to try out, so I (Mr. Spyder TL) asked to try the mag for a game, halfway through the game of speedball, my question was how much? a month later 1 owned a mag.

Funnily enough, I just bought a Defiant off the same guy, he now owns a Matrix that is stupid fast.

covadsucks
12-20-2001, 01:52 PM
I got a Mag due to peer pressure. It was the pressure of a certain Black Diamonds player and his buddies raggin on my cocker as this certain individual had to fix the cocker for me. While he was graciously sitting a game out to work on my POS he let me shoot his mag. One twelve minute game was all it took. The next day I bought my Minimag. My Mag is tougher than I am.

Cockers rule the roost right now, but the precedent was set by an Automag.