PDA

View Full Version : My Emag is a Gas Hog Help

Chrishew09
05-15-2006, 06:11 AM
I already did a search for this topic and found some help but I want to post to get some more help.

I just recently installed the Xmod software in my Emag and I gased up my 88ci/4.5k pure energy preset with only about 2200psi, and did some dry firing. I noticed that after only maybe 150-200 shots my tank was below 800psi and my Emag wasn't firing. My first thought was that my crappy reg on my pure energy could not keep up with such a fast rate and was dumping to much pressure, i didn't chrone so I dont know if his is true. I have also read that dry firing used more air then with paint, why is that?
Do you think maybe I need to tune my LVL10 again, I have the longest spring in there.

I would appreciate any help... :)

Joni
05-15-2006, 06:24 AM
The longest spring is the easiest on paint, but uses the most air. Anyhow, don't trust the numbers when dryfiring, it will use a lot of air, just as you said. I don't really know why though.

vivalamexico
05-15-2006, 06:38 AM
I'm not sure but I don't think an automag uses any more air dry firing than otherwise. This is because an automag uses a metered volume of gas at a preset pressure regardless if there is a ball in front of it or not. However, because our mags use an input pressure nominally of 800 to 900 psi you cant shoot very "deep" into the tank. Small price to pay for such a wonderful product though if you ask me..but then again you didn't ask me... so I guess Ill shut up..

Chrishew09
05-15-2006, 07:06 AM
The longest spring is the easiest on paint, but uses the most air. Anyhow, don't trust the numbers when dryfiring, it will use a lot of air, just as you said. I don't really know why though.
I should be able to tune it to be just as soft on paint with a shorter spring with some tunning right and get better effeciancy as well.

athomas
05-15-2006, 09:53 AM
The mag valve uses more air when dry firing due to the lack of backpressure.

Normally, on a level 7 bolt, the bolt returns to close the powertube with at least 50psi of air remaining in the chamber. When dry firing, the air leaves the chamber faster because there is no obstruction (ball) holding it back. The chamber empties (or gets to a lower pressure) before the bolt can return. The end result is that each shot uses more of the air in the chamber.

Using the level 10, the amount of waste would be even more because the operating pressure of the level 10 is higher. That means there is more air to flow out of the chamber during each shot before the bolt returns.

Chrishew09
05-22-2006, 06:32 AM
You guys must be right, b/c when I played on saturday I did not use no were near as much air and when I dry fired.
I was told that using the shortest spring on my lvl10 will be the most effecent for air, I am currently useing the longest spring and carrier with one line and the lvl10 works great. I tried to decrease to the middle spring and change carriers to the one with no line on it and the lvl10 was a little harder and wouldn't reset after every trigger pull.
No matter what I do I can't get then lvl10 to function to my liking with out using the longest spring, so i guess i am goin to have to give up effeciancy for a super light lvl10.

athomas
05-22-2006, 07:44 AM
When you change springs, don't change carriers. Once you find the proper carrier setup, it will be the same for all springs.

When you change springs, make sure you adjust the velocity to compensate for the change in chamber pressure requirements.