PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning on going to Oklahoma D-Day??

slasherdan
05-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey everyone ...

Just wanted to see how many of you guys are going out to oklahoma D-Day???

Would like to see how many AO's are going to be out there kicking it with the allies and Germans ..

professor_chaos
05-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I will be there along with minispdrcr from the forums. About 20 of our teammates will be there too. All Germans this year, me and mini in the GJ sniper unit and alot more in the 6th.

slasherdan
05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
I will be there along with minispdrcr from the forums. About 20 of our teammates will be there too. All Germans this year, me and mini in the GJ sniper unit and alot more in the 6th.

Excellent .... The Garners and SP staff are going to be on the 101st. The main unit the 6th is going against.

Let's light her up boys!!!!

slasherdan
05-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey !!!

Everyone hear that the Garners and the Smart Parts team are going to be there?!?!?!

And it appears they are going to be on the Allied side in the 101st.

So all you guys in the 6th are going to get the chance to shoot the guys responsible for the "Sue" happy mentality that is now the Paintball Buisness world.

SAW
05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I'll with running with the 82nd.

The beach was fun last year, just need something different.

slasherdan
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
I'll with running with the 82nd.

The beach was fun last year, just need something different.

Sorry to hear that SAW .... Looks like you might end up going again a bunch of AO'ers in the 6th. The primary purpose of the 6th is to find you 101st'ers and 82nd'ers ... :-)

professor_chaos
05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Our mission is very simple in theory... Search, Destroy, Repeat...

SAW
05-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear that SAW .... Looks like you might end up going again a bunch of AO'ers in the 6th. The primary purpose of the 6th is to find you 101st'ers and 82nd'ers ... :-)
You won't have any problem finding us, we'll be the guys taking and holding the objectives.

Look for my warped E-Mag on your way to the dead zone. :)

slasherdan
05-23-2006, 08:19 AM
You won't have any problem finding us, we'll be the guys taking and holding the objectives.

Look for my warped E-Mag on your way to the dead zone. :)

Ahhhh .... The smell of false confidence ....

Tell me how it feels when you start your walk of shame after I send YOU to the dead pool when you miss me with your 15+ BPS after I snap shoot you with my 1 BPS ...

The Speedballer mentality will actually be a boon to use this year. :-)

MiniSpdRcr
05-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Heh, I will be there...along with the rest of the famed Wolf Guard :) heh. Chaos will be leading a squad...so watch out, he is good.

MiniSpdRcr
05-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh are we going to do a AO get together? If so when and where?

SAW
05-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Maybe we could do a few speedball games.

professor_chaos
05-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Maybe we could do a few speedball games.

would be nice, I just got word that that our team Wolf Guard got promoted for the SPPL event on Thursday.

SAW
05-23-2006, 05:59 PM
would be nice, I just got word that that our team Wolf Guard got promoted for the SPPL event on Thursday.
A group from our company (Muddy Water Boys) is participating in the SPPL. Should be a good tourney.

Hopefully we can pull together an AO event this year.

bojangles1983
05-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Me and a few friends are heading out, we are in the British/Canadian Infantry, taking Sword Beach and Caen. It's our first time out, so I have a couple questions... I see there is no full auto or response, but what about ramping? is there a BPS cap? Am I going to have to reset my blackheart board? Thanks!

professor_chaos
05-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Me and a few friends are heading out, we are in the British/Canadian Infantry, taking Sword Beach and Caen. It's our first time out, so I have a couple questions... I see there is no full auto or response, but what about ramping? is there a BPS cap? Am I going to have to reset my blackheart board? Thanks!

There is no cap but semi only. So just make sure you are on semi and you will be fine.

MiniSpdRcr
05-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Cap for SPPL is 15bps and restricted to a viewloader revolution. But, NO RAMPING on the actual games.

professor_chaos
05-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Cap for SPPL is 15bps and restricted to a viewloader revolution. But, NO RAMPING on the actual games.

Technically for SPPL every gun in semi is legal. Guns cannot be adjusted to fire more than 15 bps (no ramping and im guessing no response triggers) and electropnuematic guns can't use any hopper advertised of feeding more than 15 bps. So technically there is no cap but theortically with hopper limitations there is a 15 bps cap. Man I dont know if any of that made sense.

bojangles1983
05-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Technically for SPPL every gun in semi is legal. Guns cannot be adjusted to fire more than 15 bps (no ramping and im guessing no response triggers) and electropnuematic guns can't use any hopper advertised of feeding more than 15 bps. So technically there is no cap but theortically with hopper limitations there is a 15 bps cap. Man I dont know if any of that made sense.

So, are you saying DDay follows SPPL rules? I cant use my Halo?!?!? and I have to run in semi only, right?

professor_chaos
05-25-2006, 04:27 PM
So, are you saying DDay follows SPPL rules? I cant use my Halo?!?!? and I have to run in semi only, right?

NO NO. We were stricltly talking about the sppl event which is being held during the d day week. While playing at d day all markers and hoppers are legal as long as everything is semi only, with the exception of the SPPL event, which has its own seperate rules from D Day. So, you can use your halo.

MiniSpdRcr
05-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah you can use Halos and all that jazz during dday...but if they catch you ramping you will be in trouble.

SAW
05-28-2006, 03:35 PM
10 days until I arrive on-site.

Starting to lose sleep already...

custar
06-01-2006, 11:15 AM

How about in the GJ compound? It seems like the GJ's will have quite a few from AO, myself and my son included.

custar the elder

slasherdan
06-01-2006, 12:29 PM
How about in the GJ compound? It seems like the GJ's will have quite a few from AO, myself and my son included.

custar the elder

Looks like all the AO people are going to be in the GJ and the 6th. We'll be working together I think out on the field.

It all depends on how the 82nd and 101st deploy I guess.

We'll be there late Monday night .... our trailer is going to slow us down.

slasherdan
06-01-2006, 03:37 PM
So lets set a day and time for the AO M&G!!!

I'll be getting there Monday night with Spartacus and Buckshot ...

SAW
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
I'll be there Weds night.

professor_chaos
06-01-2006, 04:41 PM
me too.

custar
06-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Not until Friday for me and my son. Real life and work rear their ugly heads.

custar

MiniSpdRcr
06-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Awesome...I cant wait to meet up and all that in the GJ HQ. I vote then for Friday at 7PM at the HQ? I am going to be there on Monday night and I am saving a spot for Chaos so if Custar you want a spot saved tell me.

professor_chaos
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
speaking of which. I bought that pop up shower tent. we are as good as gold. lol.

SAW
06-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Where exactly is the GJ HQ?

7PM Friday sounds good.

professor_chaos
06-03-2006, 03:39 PM
http://www.oklahomadday.com/files/CampMap.htm campsite N

slasherdan
06-03-2006, 05:39 PM
speaking of which. I bought that pop up shower tent. we are as good as gold. lol.

You know I would be a little scared to use "Shower" and "Gold" in the same post ...
:eek:

Anyway ... the GJ post will stay the same but Buckshot, Spartacus and I are going to look in on finding secure places for units to have their command meetings so Allied Pie-Holes like SAW won't ease drop ....

professor_chaos
06-03-2006, 06:09 PM
You know I would be a little scared to use "Shower" and "Gold" in the same post ...

Anyway ... the GJ post will stay the same but Buckshot, Spartacus and I are going to look in on finding secure places for units to have their command meetings so Allied Pie-Holes like SAW won't ease drop ....

Man only a freak would think of that. :nono: lol

MiniSpdRcr
06-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Heh sweet shower parties at the GJ campsite...er...wait...no. But we will have people outside watching to make sure that no silly allies are there.

And the people in the 6th will like playing with the Wolf Guard and BOHICA. Both teams of which Chaos and I are on....

SAW
06-03-2006, 08:26 PM

Me? Never. :)

Lomarandil
06-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Woot.. I'll be in the 6th and at the SPPL (Team Band of Brothers.. we didn't realize the irony at the time... but we'll be in the unit the TV series Band of Brothers fought against the most on DDAY.. :) )

Anyone want to volunteer a mag I could shoot a few times? Trying to decide whether I can bust the budget to get one...

Lo

custar
06-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I won't be there until Friday and I haven't decided 100% whether I will be bringing one of my mags, but if I do, you are welcome to give it a whirl if I do. Mags are way underrated. Reliable, compact, versatile, customizable, and relatively inexpensive right now. You can pick up a good, used RT for $200 or so, and a non-ULE e-mag probably won't cost over $400 used. One advantage of mags; the reg is built into the valve, so there is no need to add a reg.

Oh, and doesn't the penalty for spies include "shower" and "golden" in close proximity?

custar

SAW
06-04-2006, 02:25 PM
I'll be bringing my E-Mag, guess I could loan her out for a few speedball games (Phantom needs some love anyhow)...

I only played in the Sat/Sun games last year (got there Friday), can't wait to participate in the Mini-scenarios this year!

MiniSpdRcr
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Im bringing up 4 mags or so..i can lend you one out to see how you like it :)