PDA

View Full Version : What pro teams use what guns??

RavishingEddie
05-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey guys I am writing up a log and creating a chart of pro level teams and the guns they use. So far I have the following:

Naughty Dogs = Shockers

Dynastry = Shockers

Ironmen = DM6's

I am doing an experiment and am going to create a chart and an analysis of how or in anyway the guns make a difference in pro level, which guns have been the most effective, accurate, etc. etc. I need more teams and the guns they use. Thanks all for you help.

magman007
05-15-2006, 11:59 PM
assasins-timmys
trauma-dm6
legacy-dm6/pm6
aftershock-mix, mostly dm6's
stockholm ignition-cyborg
imfamous-timmy
philly americans - shocker
russian legion- shocker
stange-shocker
femmes fatales-dm6

that should be a good list to start you off with

b e n
05-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Tippmann effect=WAS boarded A5s

RavishingEddie
05-16-2006, 01:06 AM
XSV uses Egos right?

And does anyone use automags? intermediate teams? :tard:
Are the guys from evil called evil? and do they shoot the minions?

Anyone know what the Bushwackers shoot?

Lord_Whoopass
05-16-2006, 01:45 AM
XSV - XSV Egos
Avalanche - Egos
Bushwackers - Egos
Ultimate - Shocker
Stoned Assassins - Shocker
Ton Ton Flingeurs - shocker
Miami Raiders - shocker
New York Xtreme - DM6
Less Than Zero - DM6
Nexus - DM6
Chicago Evil - Evil Minions
Joy Division - Angels
Miami Rage/Str8killas - Angels
Arsenal - Angels

Lord_Whoopass
05-16-2006, 01:55 AM
I am pretty sure AGD no longer sponsors any speedball team. They used to sponsor a handfull of Amatuer teams like AGD Kids, AGD Pride, AGD Lions, AGD Lock N Load...

and just to clarify
Oakland/ Philly Assassins - Timmys
Stoned Assassins - Shockers

(edit)Also a few I forgot...
Oakland Empire - Timmys
Jacksonville Raiders - Shockers
HK Army - Shockers
NRG - Egos (I believe)

hipster
05-16-2006, 06:11 AM
chicago evil / is a mix the minion ,pimp and will be shooting the new evil shocker
hurricanes, are a mix ego, and the new alien

stop whining buy a mag
05-16-2006, 06:31 AM
I am doing an experiment and am going to create a chart and an analysis of how or in anyway the guns make a difference in pro level, which guns have been the most effective, accurate, etc. etc. I need more teams and the guns they use. Thanks all for you help.

The guns a team uses have no effect on how they play as long as they are given a decent sponsorship and a set of team guns that are reliable. Some teams can go through 3 sponsors in a year.

Most of the top teams shoot Shockers. Smart Parts has deep pockets, hence the 200 pro teams shooting Shockers.
Dye has some strong teams like Trauma and the Ironmen shooting DM6's with various other teams play Division II and Division I.
Planet Eclipse has plenty of teams shooting Egos now. PE, Dye, and SP are the top three sponsors. There's several teams still shooting Timmys but they are losing popularity due to the number of other high end guns out there.

SPY 1
05-16-2006, 09:15 AM
XSV - XSV Egos
Avalanche - Egos
Bushwackers - Egos
Ultimate - Shocker
Stoned Assassins - Shocker
Ton Ton Flingeurs - shocker
Miami Raiders - shocker
New York Xtreme - DM6
Less Than Zero - DM6
Nexus - DM6
Chicago Evil - Evil Minions
Joy Division - Angels
Miami Rage/Str8killas - Angels
Arsenal - Angels

Correction Nexus shoots Ego´s not DM6

Lohman446
05-16-2006, 10:11 AM

Just out of curiosity how do you intend to isolate enough variables to conclude that the marker used makes a difference?

azzkikr
05-16-2006, 10:29 AM
ultimate uses black magic cockers now with tag boards/code.

azzkikr

fullofpaint
05-16-2006, 01:34 PM
:cry: No one mentioned the Hurricanes!!!

They shoot Alien Remains and should have their own PL version out sometime this year

stop whining buy a mag
05-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Just out of curiosity how do you intend to isolate enough variables to conclude that the marker used makes a difference?

If their name isn't Ollie Lang then they all have the same talent and everything so it's just the gun that makes them good.

Where have you been?

RavishingEddie
05-16-2006, 02:50 PM

What I plan to do is follow the rules of Statistics that I took a couple years ago. I still have the text book and will have to go over it and apply it to my excel worksheet. It is very common for top businesses to use statistics to figure out how to make extra dollars on warranties and so forth. I plan to isolate the variables by gun only, I will exclude barrel types, tanks and hoppers. The reason I am excluding barrels is by personal choice. To me all high end barrels perform essentially the same in accuracy. (Differences, if any are too minimal and difficult to track) I will also compare amateur teams since they don't seem to be forced to use name brand guns like pro teams are.

Lohman446
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
What I plan to do is follow the rules of Statistics that I took a couple years ago. I still have the text book and will have to go over it and apply it to my excel worksheet. It is very common for top businesses to use statistics to figure out how to make extra dollars on warranties and so forth. I plan to isolate the variables by gun only, I will exclude barrel types, tanks and hoppers. The reason I am excluding barrels is by personal choice. To me all high end barrels perform essentially the same in accuracy. (Differences, if any are too minimal and difficult to track) I will also compare amateur teams since they don't seem to be forced to use name brand guns like pro teams are.

Your still failing to isolate the variables between the different players. Be it from ability with a marker, to movement, to cheating....

RavishingEddie
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Your still failing to isolate the variables between the different players. Be it from ability with a marker, to movement, to cheating....

I will not isolate individual players because that would be too difficult to do, and even if I did find a way I donot think it would be as accurate, since you might face other variables like health, mental state, injury, etc. Instead I will use the whole team because that is what wins games, teamwork. Second if a player is not feeling well or any other problems that might occur, it would be the team that fixes the problem or replaces the player. By examining just the team itself, I believe would give me a better result over individual players. It won't be 100%, but close enough to figure out if guns really do make differences and how. In the end I will test my results, by comparing the results of the pro teams over the amateur teams.

warbeak2099
05-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Exactly, it's too hard. What you should have learned about in statistics is conflicting variables. You have too many in this situation for your report to be accurate. If you're just going to ignore them all then you have a useless report. It won't be 100%, no, but it won't even be close to 50% if you use the system you're planning on using.

Lohman446
05-16-2006, 05:24 PM
I will not isolate individual players because that would be too difficult to do, and even if I did find a way I donot think it would be as accurate, since you might face other variables like health, mental state, injury, etc. Instead I will use the whole team because that is what wins games, teamwork. Second if a player is not feeling well or any other problems that might occur, it would be the team that fixes the problem or replaces the player. By examining just the team itself, I believe would give me a better result over individual players. It won't be 100%, but close enough to figure out if guns really do make differences and how. In the end I will test my results, by comparing the results of the pro teams over the amateur teams.

You have failed to isolate the variables that allow a team to win. Give Dynasty BE Raptors against a team of chimps with Super markers and guess who wins. Extreme example obvioulsy, but its meant for illustration

Pyroboy597
05-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Once you reach the level of equiptment that the pro players use, it is nearly impossible to conclude which will help the performance of the players the most. The only reason a team uses a specific gun out of the "elite" group is because they are sponsored or associated with that company in some way. Teams are not good because of their guns, although I disagree with people when they say that a team with pump guns could easily beat a group of 5 people with good guns... the odds just are not in their favor.

scrumpy
05-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Once you reach the level of equiptment that the pro players use, it is nearly impossible to conclude which will help the performance of the players the most. The only reason a team uses a specific gun out of the "elite" group is because they are sponsored or associated with that company in some way. Teams are not good because of their guns, although I disagree with people when they say that a team with pump guns could easily beat a group of 5 people with good guns... the odds just are not in their favor.

Not true.
I participated in the Sup' Air bowl 6 in Minnesota this year and watched a three man team of pumps make it into the finals. They beat all of the kids with their sweet high ROF Ego's and what not using phantoms etc. They probably would have won but they were DQ'd because they were playing below their skill level. They were cheating in that sense but point being that skill dominates equipment.
Pumping (http://www.mnpig.com/minnesota/paintball/tournaments/2006/supair_bowl/pictures/page4/sab06%20306.jpg)

RavishingEddie
05-16-2006, 07:46 PM
You have failed to isolate the variables that allow a team to win. Give Dynasty BE Raptors against a team of chimps with Super markers and guess who wins. Extreme example obvioulsy, but its meant for illustration

Yes you are right about the value of skill, as I also believe it is a strong value to consider. The reason I don't feel like entering this into my report is because we are comparing apples with apples. Not apples with oranges in your "Dynasty vs. Chimp" illustration. Pro teams go back and forth, because as teams they are almost exactly equal. So many times I have heard pros say "luck was or wasn't on our side" Therefor I feel optimistic on the success of my report, because I won't have to focus so much on skill. What do you guys think? Success :) or No success :( Or who cares :tard:

Lohman446
05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Yes you are right about the value of skill, as I also believe it is a strong value to consider. The reason I don't feel like entering this into my report is because we are comparing apples with apples. Not apples with oranges in your "Dynasty vs. Chimp" illustration. Pro teams go back and forth, because as teams they are almost exactly equal. So many times I have heard pros say "luck was or wasn't on our side" Therefor I feel optimistic on the success of my report, because I won't have to focus so much on skill. What do you guys think? Success :) or No success :( Or who cares :tard:

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with but I beleive you are discounting a skill difference that exists between teams. When Dynasty moved from Angels to Shockers and started reclaiming the top was it because Shockers were better than Angels or because they had the backing to practice more? When a team switches markers often (I'm considering Naughty Dogs here) and it does not change much is it the marker? For your study to be accurate you would almost have to assert that marker choice is the determining factor in a teams success. I would argue that skill is far more important. I would point out that if we wanted to consider equipment we might consider paint... think of lucky bounces, paint blown in breeches, etc. The point of "Dynasty vs Chimps" was an extreme to illustrate the point.

RavishingEddie
05-16-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm interested in seeing what you come up with but I beleive you are discounting a skill difference that exists between teams. When Dynasty moved from Angels to Shockers and started reclaiming the top was it because Shockers were better than Angels or because they had the backing to practice more? When a team switches markers often (I'm considering Naughty Dogs here) and it does not change much is it the marker? For your study to be accurate you would almost have to assert that marker choice is the determining factor in a teams success. I would argue that skill is far more important. I would point out that if we wanted to consider equipment we might consider paint... think of lucky bounces, paint blown in breeches, etc. The point of "Dynasty vs Chimps" was an extreme to illustrate the point.

You have good points and I will use them in my analysis. Man that paint variable will be very important. I will do several tests because I might not be able to come up with one answer.

magman007
05-16-2006, 08:55 PM
I am pretty sure AGD no longer sponsors any speedball team. They used to sponsor a handfull of Amatuer teams like AGD Kids, AGD Pride, AGD Lions, AGD Lock N Load...

and just to clarify
Oakland/ Philly Assassins - Timmys
Stoned Assassins - Shockers

(edit)Also a few I forgot...
Oakland Empire - Timmys
Jacksonville Raiders - Shockers
HK Army - Shockers
NRG - Egos (I believe)

when did there become an philly assassins?