PDA

View Full Version : HyperFrame ?'s (I did try to search first)

xlr8r
05-16-2006, 09:49 PM
I have two basic problems right now:

My Mode Set button is not working. I can hold it down forever and nothing happens. It wont reset the counter or let me switch modes. The Mode button has a nice click to it when i press it and moves a few millimeters. The Mode Set button maybe moves 1 millimeter and doesnt feel right. I want to say that the button itself is broken. My question is what can I do to fix it and how much will it cost?

I ordered the gun off of someone on ebay and they failed to mention it on the listing; I could even see how many shots they had fired before they sold it, and I know if I were trying to sell this frame I would delete the number of rounds fired. So I am hoping I will get a refund for the cost of repair. I havent left feedback yet and he has so i have some leverage.

The second question, and this is poor planning on my part:
Once I got the frame I noticed that it is cut for a stock rail and is not flat on top. Just by the way it works I would imagine that the distance between the rail and frame is important in order to maintain that the sear properly holds the bolt without damaging it and the noid properly actuates the on/off in order to seal the chanbers. I wont fire it until I know for sure what my options are as far as installing it on a ULE RTP rail. Should the edges of the frame be filed down? Should I add or remove shims from my ULT? etc...

If anyone has any experience with any of these situations, I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

back2integrity
05-16-2006, 11:49 PM
contact autopimp187, he figured out a way to change the modes from the inside by unscrewing the grips. He might be able to help with the button problem. As far as your rail problem... I can't help there, i've not heard of that problem before. Good luck!

onedude36
05-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Ya, hyperframes have ridges on them to fit classic rails. they have to be milled down to sit flat on rtpro rails. I am going to go through that process, either getting it milled, or dremel/file real soon.

ahellers
05-17-2006, 11:13 AM
i had the same problem with the mode set button a few days ago. only mine was the on off button. what happend was the button was still good, but i had moved alittle but and was not right up agenst the mambrane. i applyed pressure to the button (from the inside) twards to membrane. it didnt visably move but after that it worked fine
t

11 Bravo
05-17-2006, 12:26 PM
You can loosen the screws that hold the board in place and adjust the position of the board. Adjust it until the switch works properly.

xlr8r
05-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys. I figured i would have to mill it or file so out comes the dremel. As for the button I will definately try to work with it from the inside and see if maybe its just stuck or has some debris in it. Ill let you know how it goes and we'll see where i am when the dust settles.

V-Man
05-21-2006, 09:29 PM
hey where do I get a hyperframe.

thanx.

SpitFire1299
05-21-2006, 10:22 PM
hey where do I get a hyperframe.

thanx.
B/S/T forum.. or ebay.They dont make them anymore. Actually i bet "going_home" might have one also. :)

As for the main question..

The hyperframe only works on the classic style rails (dallara rail, classic rail, eclipse rail, ULE rail.. etc). You can get it to work by milling off the sharp edges.
:cheers: