PDA

View Full Version : Does a twistlock body work on an Emag Rail

PnueMagger
05-19-2006, 09:30 AM
hello, I have an emag rail. Will a twistlock powerfeed work on this body. Also, can you attach front grips to it? like the RPG style grips

Walrus
05-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Unless you round out where the front trigger bolt goes in on the body, I don't think it will. And, I don't think that there is a hole for the twistlock assembly either. If your Emag rail is stock and not milled, then it will not accept any foregrips because there is not an accessory slot available. It is solid from where the front trigger screw it to the tip.

Migz
05-19-2006, 09:39 AM
didn't the emags come in a twist lock body first? I'm pretty sure the originals did but they have a round pim. I you want to use an older body then you will have to round out the square pim or square up the round pim hole. Also yeah I don't think they have a hole to mount a grip on at least the rtp rail I have didn't. But technically you could do it if you had a nice drill press.

RRfireblade
05-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Emags originally were PF bodies so if you have the correct body, yes. Otherwise as stated , you have to open up the detent that receives the body screw emboss. Whic his pretty easy to do.

Also, you'll likely have to drill a hole to mount a foregrip.

magman007
05-19-2006, 03:18 PM
there is already a spot for the forgrip, and it takes very little work to punch it out, you will see it, and a good poke with an allen key, and you can punch it out.