PDA

View Full Version : Drop zone extreme and its 4500 flatline

blembiggity
12-19-2001, 11:14 PM
I am curious why the airgun design website itself is selling the new 4500 systems for $480 and if you go to drop zone extreme they are selling them $100 cheaper. Anyone with some info or can look into this. Why would anyone pay an extra 100 just because its from AGD. Also alot of other site have the warp feeds for alot cheaper. Is there something here Im missing. Same product but alot more?????

a_malfunction
12-19-2001, 11:17 PM
AGD lists its stuff at MSRP.

blembiggity
12-19-2001, 11:22 PM
yeah i understand that but the store is supposed to benifit us as members correct. so why doesnt agd hook us up and give em to us like a store would.

pharcyde
12-19-2001, 11:54 PM
then why would dealers buy stock from agd where they wont be able to sell it at reduced prices?
agd would lose money if they didn't sell to dealers.

headcase
12-20-2001, 12:03 AM
He's right, most manufactures won't sell to the public at reduced rates, because they will lose the big sales to the distributers. The AO Online store will carry stuff that you can't find anywhere else(custom faded warps, parts for the warp, superbolts, plastic nubbins, AGD mentioned something about the possibility of special colors of the 4500 flatlines)
AGD is cool and all, but he still has a business to run.

Miscue
12-20-2001, 12:11 AM
They offer some things that no one else does. Also, some people don't have a shop to go to for somethings, and can now get it from AGD direct.

AGD cannot compete with their own resellers.

blembiggity
12-20-2001, 12:32 AM
hey thanks for the response, i want tryin to piss anyone off i was just wondering if someone knew something i didnt about this particular deal on the flatline. i know they sell stuff other places cant get but i want a 4500 flatline and i want the best deal.

Kevmaster
12-20-2001, 07:57 PM
yeh, if say(i have no idea of actual prices) AGD sells them to dealers for $350. the online stores will sell them for $380 b/c they can sell a lot of them and still profit enough. AGD will not sell them below the MSRP(in this case $480) to protect the online stores, adn more importnatly, the small fields. small fields also pay that $350 for them but sell them at $480. this is b/c thier small demand for the things. they need to make more off each sale to stay in business