PDA

View Full Version : WDP's new Angel?

st6212
05-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes this is a mag forum, but every other marker keeps popping up here. Besides may be of interest to some.

Just came across this post on Bill's Paintball.

Information about WDP's new Angel. No pics, so I don't know if this is real or not. Maybe someone has heard about this thing elsewhere.

http://www.billspaintball.com/vb3//showthread.php?t=8415

Interesting though, if it exists. Could all be a joke, I dunno.

SpitFire1299
05-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Its true..

Im VERRYYYY.... excited. :D

lather
05-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Sounds good, Im gonna pick one up for cheap in 6 months when the next Angel comes out. :)

skriptal
05-20-2006, 10:11 PM
I will not believe till i see pics...

Rudz
05-20-2006, 11:45 PM
all i say is i hope it has a vert frame..then i might think about it..

SpecialBlend2786
05-20-2006, 11:48 PM
impressive, can't wait.

Z-man
05-21-2006, 02:11 AM
what! No thermometer?!

White_Noise
05-21-2006, 05:56 AM
what! No thermometer?!

i was seriously hoping a stock ticker would be the new thing from wdp.....

Rudz
05-21-2006, 08:20 AM
well you have to figure they dropped alot of stuff just to make it so light..light, small, short..recessed barrel threads..eyes..no eye strap..damn...this thing has to rip..hmm predator board...

Jonno06
05-21-2006, 09:58 AM
what! No thermometer?!

the equalizer 2.7 in my timmy has thernometer:)

and it must not be very good, because aresenal left wdp for eclipse on friday....

RRfireblade
05-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Seen it yesterday...it pretty dang tiny and crazy light. Maybe too light but won't know that till I shoot one. ;) Looks like everything an Angel should be.....or have been about 5 years ago. :D

Z-man
05-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Look it sounds very good. But I have little faith in the long list of "improvements" that each new angel comes out with. Every new Angel comes about 30 "MAJOR" improvements that make it 250% better than the last model. Ironically they all seem to perform the same. Hey if this new one is an actual improvement great! It would be nice to see something new that is actually pushing the envelope on at least ONE field (in this case weight and size).

RRfireblade
05-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah but how is that different than anyone else 'new' models. ;)

WDP just gets slammed more on them cause they have the resources to mass advertise and promote.

Trust me if AGD had the budget you'd be hearing all about how for they made the tube more....tubular. :D

And I'll bet about how all the new 'features' that improve performance and not so much about how they really are little more than fixes for previous shortcoming. :ninja: (L10 , Alu parts)

punkncat
05-21-2006, 10:26 AM
I have been very fond of Angels since the 03 Speed. The improvements made between it and the G7 WERE amazing. Along the way via the A4 and the 05 Speed they worked in some new ideas to make the G7 as good as it is.

If this new marker is as much a difference as that was I will be all for it....although I won't buy one for a while. I've got to get some play time on the G7 since it will be worth nothing. :mad:

sniper1rfa
05-21-2006, 11:35 AM
although I won't buy one for a while. I've got to get some play time on the G7 since it will be worth nothing.

I will buy it from you when its worth nothing. Thats the key to angels... stay behind the curve. ;)

nicad
05-21-2006, 01:08 PM
"There's even a 3 shot air buffer to help when you take advantage of the amazing speed it brings to bear. (Just in case the reg on your tank can't keep up)"

Really? cool.
Turn your air tank off on any gun (but don't vent it).. walla! you still have a 2 to 5 shot "buffer" of air!! Velocity? Whats that?? ;)

I love mindless hype. :rolleyes:

magman007
05-21-2006, 01:13 PM
nicad has a point, and i wss just thinking that as well, on my dm6 i can still get 3 good velocity shots with the tank off from the pressure in the line.

Grey Goose
05-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Air/expansion chamber is so... 90's.

SpitFire1299
05-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Isn't that the very definition of "improvement"?
:headbang:

RRfireblade
05-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Isn't that the very definition of "improvement"?

Depends on how you look at it I suppose.

Either it's a performance "break thru" where you didn't previously know more performance was possible or....

There was obvious existing flaws that went ignored for years and then finally , under heavy pressure from the consumer , finallly get addressed. ;)

geekwarrior
05-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Seen it yesterday...it pretty dang tiny and crazy light. Maybe too light but won't know that till I shoot one. ;) Looks like everything an Angel should be.....or have been about 5 years ago. :D

you got to see it?!! :eek:

and you didnt snap a few covert pics? pics of that thing would go for as much as pics of Britney's baby, and its gotta be a lot prettier...the gun that is

RRfireblade
05-21-2006, 04:20 PM
It's not completely 'done' and they weren't allowing pictures.

It's really just a smaller , 3 tube design similar to what they already are. They just finished it IMO by losing the homemade looking external eye covers and streamling it all over....things like that.

Like I said the whole things just smaller, tighter and lighter with a pretty cool looking display.

tyrion2323
05-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Sounds pretty cool.

Let's see how it works!

m-a-r-k-7
05-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Hmmm, I really want to see this thing. Maby those Viking and E-mag projects I've been thinking about may have to take a back seat, if this is everything its cracked up to be.

Steelrat
05-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Hmmm, I really want to see this thing. Maby those Viking and E-mag projects I've been thinking about may have to take a back seat, if this is everything its cracked up to be.

Nothing WDP ever puts out lives up to the massive hype. Good, yes, but not godly.

lather
05-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Nothing WDP ever puts out lives up to the massive hype. Good, yes, but not godly.

That can be said about every company putting out a new marker, I havent shot or seen a godly marker yet, I dont think such a gun exists.

68magOwner
05-21-2006, 10:28 PM
I love WDP's build quality, but, performance wise, i have yet to be inpressed with any of their markers.

1977FordBronco
05-24-2006, 01:56 PM
http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/9740/test12mf.jpg

68magOwner
05-24-2006, 02:09 PM

this inspired me to go hold up a dollar bill to the defiant 2 i have laying around, and, the dollar is SIGNIFIGANTLY smaller than the D2. With that said, this thing seems like its going to be just.... TOO little. The defiant is so small that i can barley hold the thing with 2 hands, and, its got about an extra inch of length on a dollar bill. I just dont see how that thing could be comfortable to use if it is really that small.

geekwarrior
05-24-2006, 02:17 PM
i hope it looks better with the dollar off.....i agree something that small may not be the business. Guess we'll find out tomorrow....

nicad
05-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Where did that image come from? It looks a bit "hacked" if I mgiht say so.

"The hose exits via ther front of the asa to put less out the side to get shot!"

Not so in the picture...

geekwarrior
05-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Where did that image come from? It looks a bit "hacked" if I mgiht say so.

"The hose exits via ther front of the asa to put less out the side to get shot!"

Not so in the picture...

ken crane posted that on the angel forum...

and if you look close the hose is going straight into the asa

nicad
05-24-2006, 02:38 PM
ohh.. THAT ASA! :)
hah I thought they were talking about the Vert ASA that the reg screws into.
Was trying to figure out why they had hose going to vert ASA.. like some mags. :)

out!

BigEvil
05-24-2006, 02:45 PM
this inspired me to go hold up a dollar bill to the defiant 2 i have laying around, and, the dollar is SIGNIFIGANTLY smaller than the D2. With that said, this thing seems like its going to be just.... TOO little. The defiant is so small that i can barley hold the thing with 2 hands, and, its got about an extra inch of length on a dollar bill. I just dont see how that thing could be comfortable to use if it is really that small.

Exactly. Wayy too small. Then again, they are a British company. The British are used to holding small things.

Another disapointment out of WDP. Its a shame, I really loved their early models. Now I would never consider getting one.

CKY_Alliance
05-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Looks like its going to be a shrunken(real word?) G7 with a little tail like thing...just me or does the grip frame look almost as big as the gun? The gripframe looks sort of uncomfy..and yea i think it may be too small, like the new timmys..i prefer the alias to the new empire and infamous becuase of its length...but then again i do shoot a proto that is pretty much the same length as the new timmy's...hmm maybe something to do with the shape of the grip frames....i dont know it should be interesting to say the least...

Indignant
05-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Exactly. Wayy too small. Then again, they are a British company. The British are used to holding small things.

ba-zing!

REDRT
05-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the new Angel. It may be too small for my liking though. I guess I see when I see one. I really liked the G7 fly with 45* grip frame. The only Angel ever that I liked. The only marker ever to tempt me from AGD. WDP is starting to get my attention.

geekwarrior
05-24-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the new Angel. It may be too small for my liking though. I guess I see when I see one. I really liked the G7 fly with 45* grip frame. The only Angel ever that I liked. The only marker ever to tempt me from AGD. WDP is starting to get my attention.

same here, I have always liked mags the best, and never really wanted to go electro...but Angel has drawn me lately and I just bought an 05 Speed and love it. I still like the look and feel of my mag the best though :shooting:

SCpoloRicker
05-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Wait, now we're complaining that markers are too small?

/confused

geekwarrior
05-24-2006, 06:47 PM

/confused

:rofl: i dont remember ever complaining that it was too big...a little heavy maybe, but not to big....lol..i think we're all just wanting something the size of our mags with the speed of the Angel. I would give up my angel for a nice devil mag

REDRT
05-24-2006, 07:04 PM

/confused

I like the size of my Emag and RT. I'm not comfortable with smaller markers and super light.

Rudz
05-24-2006, 07:39 PM

someone once commented that the nxl was a league for midgets with machine guns..well here is there machine gun..wtf is a man gonna do with that..put a tank on it ..HURRY it might float away in the breeze..

alphasniper
05-24-2006, 07:40 PM
i think i might like it being that small, but i think it would need a vert frame. 45 frames just dont look right on angels IMO.

magman007
05-24-2006, 07:47 PM
i think i might like it being that small, but i think it would need a vert frame. 45 frames just dont look right on angels IMO.

how so? thats how an angel is supposed to look! the space frame just makes em look odd, plus, no one likes the space frame any more.

Rudz
05-24-2006, 07:49 PM
how so? thats how an angel is supposed to look! the space frame just makes em look odd, plus, no one likes the space frame any more.

id love to see this beast with a vert..might make me buy one..

68magOwner
05-24-2006, 08:32 PM
the standard frame is going to be the 45* frame, as, it is VASTLY more popular with players, but, there will be a 90* option for you oddballs.

st6212
05-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Can you imagine just how big a Halo, 68cu tank and a 12" - 14" barrel will look in comparison to that thing when you mount them on?

It's so small it'll probably be hidden inside your hands when you hold it. So people will probably only be able to see just the hoppper, barrel and tank sticking out of your hands :p

Still, very interesting and maybe a tempting purchase. Toss up now between FS-8 or this, but just like MS Windows.....never buy the first release, wait for SP2 (or at the very least the early bug fixes) :D

I'll wait till it's released into more people's hands and guage their reaction on the field with one.

Rudz
05-24-2006, 09:03 PM
the standard frame is going to be the 45* frame, as, it is VASTLY more popular with players, but, there will be a 90* option for you oddballs.

ooh yeah...btw does it have the old or new angel threads...

68magOwner
05-24-2006, 09:15 PM
ooh yeah...btw does it have the old or new angel threads...
new

punkncat
05-24-2006, 10:15 PM
I held up a bill to my G7 and it appears that the frame to reg spacing is the same or nearly so. About the only difference that is apparent from that pic is that the rear of the marker is missing a great deal of its previous size.

I would love to see this is a 90* frame. Ever since I got a Logic frame for my RTP, my primary marker has had one.....probably why I like the Angels so much.