PDA

View Full Version : Im going to Wizard World in philly, any one else going?

magman007
05-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, im not as into comics as much as i used to be, but my best friend from highschool is going to be attending with his own booth, so im going to be down there june 3rd to hook up with him and catch up on old times. Is any one from the area going to be in attendance? im going to need someone to hang out with till my buddy Tom is done with the convention, so if anyone is wanting to chill, make fun of some geeks, and have a good time let me know.

Pyroboy597
05-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Never heard of it, but I am 14 miles from Philly.. too bad my life doesn't revolve around comics

magman007
05-20-2006, 10:05 PM
wizard is pretty much the biggest comic convention out there, and is put on by the wizard comic/movie magazine. my life most certainly doesnt revolve around them either, but when you gotta friend in the industry, whom you havnt seen for 2 and a half years, you let your geek side go a bit :)

peewee
05-21-2006, 03:54 PM
the guy who is doing our artwork for our jersey's will be there. He does sculpting etc. I have always wanted to go to a big con but just never had a real chance.

Mango
05-21-2006, 08:00 PM
I'll be there. Mainly to try and find some Anime stuffs.

tribalman
05-22-2006, 12:53 AM
i wish i was going to WizWorld in Philly, it's bigger than the one in Chicago. if you friend is going to be there with his own booth, he might be in the dealers area, in which case, he won't be free to talk. he will be talking to people buying stuff and asking questions about products and such. i'm not trying to be mean, i'm just letting you know from my 'con experiences. while he's busy at his booth, check out the developer area. there are usually some pretty cool games being demo'ed and shown off. thats where i found out some of the games i currently play. if you have an open mind, a convention can be fun. also, bring a camera!! so then you can have proof that some people are really wierd. i'm almost positive there will be people cos-playing there, some will be very cool to see. some will hurt your eyes. have fun though!

magman007
05-22-2006, 01:35 AM
im not sure what area he will be in, but it doesnt really matter, we will be hanging out after the convention, also he is an artist, so id asume he will be in the artist section, or what have you. Im assuming he will be mostly hanging out with Bruce Timm, whom is sorta like a mentor to him.

Mango, what date are you going? or will you be in attendance the whole weekend? pm me with your cellphone number if you dont mind, it will be like a mini team icky forrest meeting :) im sure newt will make his way there as well :)