PDA

View Full Version : any reprocusions rro cutting feed neck?

jmulhollen
05-21-2006, 09:21 PM
i am trying to figure out before i go ahead with this move. i put on my elbow and hopper and the damn setup is high as all hell.

its not worth the cost of a ule body to me....but i wouldnt mind cutting it myself to shave off a half an inch or so.

could anything bad result form cutting this? i am talking about the standard feed(i think its call power feed) on a minimag and cutting it while leaving more than enough room for the elbow to still grab.

also, could i do the same with the excess neck area on my hopper where it enters the elbow? i figure this shaving combination would drop everything about an inch and a half or so.

thanks for any input.

SpitFire1299
05-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Make sure its a clean cut and you will be fine.

jmulhollen
05-21-2006, 09:58 PM
finally found the right search words...form what i gathered it may hinder stacking which could slow the feeding...but i dont shoot all that fast anyways so im not worried about that.

thanks

SpitFire1299
05-21-2006, 10:15 PM
If you use a halo B or something.. that really doesnt apply. That idea was generally made for like a gravity hopper.

Ive cut bodies down before and never had a problem. I liked it alot more, and it was much lower. :)