PDA

View Full Version : Skirmish Invasion of Normandy (PA)

AGD Mech Pride
05-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Anyone going to the Invasion of Normandy at Skirmish this year.

24 Hour Scenario game in Jim Thorpe PA.

3,000+ Players

See below for more info:

DATE: July 15th & 16th

RATE: $49.00* per person, pre registered. Pre-registration deadline is 07/06/06.
(If you have a group of 20 or more, the rate is reduced to $45.00* per person, re-registered.)
It’s $59.00* if you register late or at the gate! *rates are subject to tax!

TEAMS: GERMAN vs ALLIES, the FRENCH will be a 3rd entity team

ROLES: Let us know when making your reservation if you'd like a specific role in the game (medic, demo, etc). If available, we will sign you up once your reservation has been paid in full.

RENTAL EQUIPMENT: If rental equipment is needed, there will not be an extra charge. However, you must have a major credit card to use as a security deposit until the equipment is returned.

PAINT: Event Paint Only (Draxxus). Cases are $72.00 and up depending on quantity purchased.

FILLS: CO2 and/or N2 Fills - 7 fills for $5.

MEDIC CARDS: If you are shot, find a judge. Have him punch your card so you can stay in the game. Once you receive three punches on your card, leave the field, report to the nearest reinsertion point.

FOOD: Available for sale throughout the game. You can also bring own.
WATER: Limited water supply at the fields, strongly recommend bringing extra water!

CAMPING: Free camping permitted at the fields Friday and Saturday night. No open fires!!

TRADE SHOW: There will be a ton of different vendors selling all types of gear…at great discount prices!

CREDIT CARD/CASH: While there is limited credit card capability at the fields, it's very, very slow!! We strongly recommend using cash for purchases during the game. There are NO ATM's at the fields!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK-IN & PARKING: Directly at the Skirmish Fields – at the pavilion –
· Have COMPLETED ENTRY TICKET with you.
· Receive: WRISTBAND, dog-tags, maps, rules
· Everyone MUST have a WRISTBAND and hopper tape to play!!!
· Lost Hopper Tape or Wristband, please report to check-in window.
· Your WRISTBAND is proof of payment. If lost, you will be asked to pay again!

On FRIDAY, JULY 14th - There will be advanced check-in from 3:00 to 7:00 pm for ANYONE that wants to avoid the Saturday crowds. We strongly recommend this as we are expecting over 3000 players Saturday!!! As an added incentive, all Invasion of Normandy players that check-in early can play CASTLE NIGHTS FOR FREE on FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

DIRECTIONS: Remember, you are parking directly at the Skirmish fields. For directions to our playing fields, please visit Skirmish.com – enter the site, click the “Scenario/Big Games” link, and you’ll find FIELD DIRECTIONS directly on this page! If you have questions, please call 1-800-SKIRMISH! Online mapping programs such as Mapquest and Yahoo Maps are NOT recommended as we are in a rural area.

*SCHEDULE:

Friday
3:00 to 7:00pm - Early Check-in for those interested. Please let us know when calling to make I.O.N reservations if you plan on checking-in Friday!
6:00pm - FREE Castle Nights Game in the torch lit Tippmann and Dye Castles for all I.O.N. players that check-in early!!

Saturday
7:30am - Gates Open
7:30am - 10am - Check-in, Paint Sales, Team Assignments, Field Map Distribution
10:30am - 11:30am - Game Orientation, Objective Assignments, Rules Briefing, Chronographing
12 Noon Saturday - Game Starts

Sunday
12:00am - Game breaks so players can rest and catch some z's.
8:00am - Sunday Morning - Game begins again
12Noon - Sunday - Game Ends, Awards Ceremony Begin

Even more info on site.

Skirmish (http://www.skirmish.com/)

Chrishew09
05-22-2006, 05:49 AM
I would love to go but Skirmish is just to expensive for me, I think a single case is like $105 and 12 or more is $75.

senghing27
05-28-2006, 11:02 PM
I will be there....

AGD Mech Pride
06-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Ok is no one responding because i didnt put date in topic or is it just too early for people to say they are def going. This is a 3,000 player event I can't bel only one other person is going.

Oh and to chris just go in with other people and buy all your paint at once. If you dont have a group just round up people when you get there.

I'm lucky enought to be going with a group already and we only pay 50 a case. And sry but unfortuantly I cant share this price as its preregestered people from our group only. Sry. :cry:

Lupis Fidelis
06-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I've been going to Skirmish DDay/ION for the last 2 years and the best I've been able to do is $70 a case and that was working with generals to get the deal. $50 is REALLY low. I would like to know how you do it.

manike
06-13-2006, 10:40 AM
I'll be there. Along with a bunch of friends. :)

Fig
06-17-2006, 08:26 AM
I'll be there with a team from new england (so i can get better paint prices)

WenULiVeUdiE
06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Manike- Will you have any new toys with you this year? Last year it was the Promaster...

I will be there for the 3rd year in a row with my dad. I am German once more, but this year as a 'Sniper'. I figure if I am playing, I might as well earn some points for Deutschland.

If you do not have a big enough group to get discounted paint, then just get in on some with some people around you. Very easy to do.

AGD Mech Pride
06-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Is anyone thats going to this event really good with tuning x -valve/lvl 10 and the ult trigger. I have a leak problem that I just cant seem to fix. In addition my ult is kinda setup but it could probably be adjusted a little better still.

manike
06-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Not sure if I will have any new toys or not. You never know... and sometimes you can't tell. ;)

Evil Bob
07-04-2006, 04:31 AM
I'll be there playing on the French Resistance, got my white surrender flag ready to go.

-EB

WenULiVeUdiE
07-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Hahaha, that truly made me laugh. Thank you.

Have yo ever played as the French? I thought about it this year, but I wasn't sure how involved it was. From my previous experiences with D-Day, my guess is that you primarily do missions. Is that an accurate assumption?

manike
07-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I'll be there playing on the French Resistance, got my white surrender flag ready to go.

-EB

I'll be there with the PBN Mod Squad, and around the NPS truck. Please come by and say hello if you get chance. It would be appreciated. I think we are playing German...

Evil Bob
07-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Will do, Manike, I'll be there Friday afternoon to play the castle a bit.

Playing the French is fun. You do get alot of missions, but you're usually the goal for the axis or allied missions, they're trying to get a hold of you. That leaves you in a fun position as you get to shoot both sides without them knowing whether you're friendly or not, you switch alliances on a heartbeat meaning you can get away with murder. A lot less standing around waiting for op orders, more in game action, the action is more clandestine being that you're a small rogue group for the most part.

-EB

Jackel411
07-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Manike there is a chance my crew may be going to this as our hotel was under water that we had booked for PP3

If such is the case we will be tagging along with evan AKA Madpooh..... Uhhhh... should I know in advance to bring lots of extra cash as per Castle Conquest hehe..

Tassel Mask
07-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Anyone from the DC Virginia Area going? I would like to convoy with you guys if you are. Maybe even hitch a ride... Let me know if you are and also where you guys are staying. I would like to party it up with my AO buds for once. Let me know czz I got the balls and the beer...