PDA

View Full Version : Empire E-vents

shootdraxxus
05-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey everyone,
I was pondering buying some empire e-vents. They seem pretty sweet, but dont seem to cover much. I also read about the ear covers ripping. What is your take on these goggles. Any opinions will be appreciated.

Lohman446
05-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey everyone,
I was pondering buying some empire e-vents. They seem pretty sweet, but dont seem to cover much. I also read about the ear covers ripping. What is your take on these goggles. Any opinions will be appreciated.

I have Avatars because I am not a fan of the soft ear pieces. Basically they are the same thing with hard ear pieces. I am extremely happy with them (good field of vision, don't fog, fit well, secure goggles and easy removal). This is coming from Profilers. The biggest thing I like about them is that, unlike the profilers, they don't flex in on a hit and cause contact.

shootdraxxus
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
When you got hit with the profilers, it would flex in and hit you?

Lohman446
05-22-2006, 02:55 PM

Under the right circumstances - it was happening about once a week.

rkjunior303
05-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Under the right circumstances - it was happening about once a week.

lohman needs to learn to keep his head in ;)

magsRus
05-22-2006, 05:23 PM
You really need to try on a pair of events then you will no why they cost so much and why their worth it. Its like taking a seat inside of a BMW (events) then going to sit inside of a KIA (scott mask)

68magOwner
05-22-2006, 05:59 PM
i played in some, they were nice and comfy, and, while, i didnt notice any signifigant vision improvement over my flex or profiler, it did breathe easier than my profiler and was more profiled/streamline around the face than my flex.

Nice maks, but, im not going out of my way to pick one up just yet.

mag_lover05
05-22-2006, 06:10 PM
just buy a pro-flex. they are cheaper and worke GREAT!

BD_Paintball
05-22-2006, 07:09 PM
im also going to get some events when some sites get them in stock or at chi if they have them. my friend has a pair and he loves them. he went from profilers to events and he said that the events are much nicer. i cant wait to i get mine, i really need a new mask

-Tab
05-22-2006, 07:43 PM

I've seen players walk of the field with bloody noses. I haven't had bloody noses, but it still hurts like a...

I think I'm goin' with the Flex 8.

phantomhitman
05-23-2006, 08:32 AM
are the events using the same crappy "thermal coating" that profiler lenses use? Or did they smarten up and use real thermal lenses?

Lohman446
05-23-2006, 08:33 AM
are the events using the same crappy "thermal coating" that profiler lenses use? Or did they smarten up and use real thermal lenses?

Both. The non thermal lenses have never fogged on me, but they did send a true thermal lens as well

phantomhitman
05-23-2006, 08:50 AM
good to know, that way when I spend $90 on a mask that will fog within a month.

can'tthink of1
05-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Negatory. Avatars and Events come with 2 lenses, one a clear non-thermal, but treated lense (like vforce, so no fogging), and smoke thermal lense (like JT). Neither will fog,

Teamslayer76
05-23-2006, 11:36 AM
I tried these on at NPPL in Tampa. They seemed to cover evrything. The ear area looks like it made great and would hold after a couple shots in the area. The only thing that got me as they are a little heavy. Just a little nothing that would bother you.

magman007
05-23-2006, 12:57 PM
guys, simon manike stevens designed this mask, and he poured his heart and soul into it, it is the most advanced, best working, and most optically precise mask on the market. It is actually designed to utilize your hot breath, to create airflow within the mask, creating circulatory air movement. i reccomend checking out the pbn podcast on i tunes where he discusses the development, and features of the mask.

i cant believe so many people hate on the e vents, when simon designed the xmag, and it is golden... what has ao turned into?

ABTOCMEPTb
05-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Does anybody knows good online store who actualy got it in stock and not on preorder?

Ydna
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Try punisherspb.com, they have a lot of them available. Call them up to check their in stock status.

RavishingEddie
05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
I had the chance to try out both the Event and the profiler. After playing with them both for one day, I decided to go with the profiler. The flexing didn't bother me since it isn't that bad. The Events gave me less protection which I ended up exposing my jaw and got hit there. The coolness factor was there for the Events, but the blue profiler SE Reverse I got is much cooler in my opinion.

Beemer
05-24-2006, 03:02 AM
guys, simon manike stevens designed this mask, and he poured his heart and soul into it, it is the most advanced, best working, and most optically precise mask on the market. It is actually designed to utilize your hot breath, to create airflow within the mask, creating circulatory air movement. i reccomend checking out the pbn podcast on i tunes where he discusses the development, and features of the mask.

i cant believe so many people hate on the e vents, when simon designed the xmag, and it is golden... what has ao turned into?

Hmmm, when I ask him about ASTM standards on guns he says its voluntary. But dont worry the gogs meet them. That gog offers way less protection then it should. Its not his fault. He is just giving you what you want so you dont have to mod, cut it from factory and make it illegal.

ShadowNife
05-24-2006, 03:50 AM

Hey, as a header disclaimer, I know manike is pretty bit but I wasn't here for the whole X-mag designing thing, so take my opinion as you will. I'm gonna go over the quote first then onto the E-vents in general :)

magman007, why should we all worship a product just because a certain individual designed it? I'm not quite sure I understand your logic, because to me it would be worse for everyone to automatically love something just because a certain person designed it rather than evaluate it individually to form their own opinions. Furthermore, I don't really see any hating in this thread at all, unless you're referring to other threads. There aren't even any posts stating that E-vents were bad, merely one person who said he would not go out of his way to pick one up and then another that suggested Flexes. I don't know, I might be just confused because it's 2 am.

As for the E-vents themselves, I don't REALLY see a big difference. I tried them on at a local store and they didn't seem to be a drastic difference in any sense. I don't like soft ears, so I tried on the Avatars instead of the E-vents (is there any other difference besides the ears?) and I didn't find them to be worth the hype. The foam wasn't an exeptional improvement over any other current goggle system and the FOV is great, but again aren't anything epic compared to JT lenses that are currently available. I must say I do enjoy their lense shape design visually and functionally, even if I don't really find the rest of the mask that attractive. I personally prefer the Flex8, but then we all know a lot of masks come down to personal fit and preference :)

magman007
05-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey, as a header disclaimer, I know manike is pretty bit but I wasn't here for the whole X-mag designing thing, so take my opinion as you will. I'm gonna go over the quote first then onto the E-vents in general :)

magman007, why should we all worship a product just because a certain individual designed it? I'm not quite sure I understand your logic, because to me it would be worse for everyone to automatically love something just because a certain person designed it rather than evaluate it individually to form their own opinions. Furthermore, I don't really see any hating in this thread at all, unless you're referring to other threads. There aren't even any posts stating that E-vents were bad, merely one person who said he would not go out of his way to pick one up and then another that suggested Flexes. I don't know, I might be just confused because it's 2 am.

As for the E-vents themselves, I don't REALLY see a big difference. I tried them on at a local store and they didn't seem to be a drastic difference in any sense. I don't like soft ears, so I tried on the Avatars instead of the E-vents (is there any other difference besides the ears?) and I didn't find them to be worth the hype. The foam wasn't an exeptional improvement over any other current goggle system and the FOV is great, but again aren't anything epic compared to JT lenses that are currently available. I must say I do enjoy their lense shape design visually and functionally, even if I don't really find the rest of the mask that attractive. I personally prefer the Flex8, but then we all know a lot of masks come down to personal fit and preference :)

the point i was attempting to make, is that with the cult folowing ao seems to have to the xmag, tom, and the designers of the x-mag, mainly manike, that i find it quite odd for everyone to be ragging on it, because they are considered agg.

manike has far surpassed the astm standards, and the astm also noted that it was the best quick release system thay have seen to date.

also over the profilers, about the lense design, is that the lense actually fits into the goggle frame, yet is able to still quick release, the profiler pretty much rests on top of the goggle frame for the most part. this makes it much more diffucult to get paint stuck in crevices, because of the tongue and groove design. As I said, listen to the pod cast, and tell me this isnt the most advanced, safest, and best goggle on the market. atleast from a design stand point.

Manike has thought of everything that went into this goggle system, from safty to optical clarity, to airflow to adubibility, the mask even has a grove through out it to allow comfort of those playing in glases.

i just think its silly this product is ragged on, and designed by someone who is obviously one of the smartest men in the industry with variably more thought into it than manike put in the x mag.

kenndogg
05-24-2006, 03:44 PM
While I love my events I do have a complaint. the single pane clear lens fogged like a mother during a recent scenario while playing the night game. The dual pane smoke thermal performed flawlessly during the day in which temps are extremely hot.

ShadowNife
05-24-2006, 09:59 PM
the point i was attempting to make, is that with the cult folowing ao seems to have to the xmag, tom, and the designers of the x-mag, mainly manike, that i find it quite odd for everyone to be ragging on it, because they are considered agg.

manike has far surpassed the astm standards, and the astm also noted that it was the best quick release system thay have seen to date.

also over the profilers, about the lense design, is that the lense actually fits into the goggle frame, yet is able to still quick release, the profiler pretty much rests on top of the goggle frame for the most part. this makes it much more diffucult to get paint stuck in crevices, because of the tongue and groove design. As I said, listen to the pod cast, and tell me this isnt the most advanced, safest, and best goggle on the market. atleast from a design stand point.

Manike has thought of everything that went into this goggle system, from safty to optical clarity, to airflow to adubibility, the mask even has a grove through out it to allow comfort of those playing in glases.

i just think its silly this product is ragged on, and designed by someone who is obviously one of the smartest men in the industry with variably more thought into it than manike put in the x mag.

Mmm k, so Manike did design this system, and yes, it has a crapload of technology put into it. I don't think anyone on AO, as far as I've seen, that mindlessly ragged on the E-vents goggle system. In fact in this thread there weren't even any negative posts about e-vents at all, save maybe mine if you think it qualifies. Just because a maskhas a lot development and research put into it doesn't make it the best mask for every person out there. As stated in my previous post, I don't find soft ears to be my thing, and I don't find the mask visually appealing. With products that deal with individual preference and needs that are based on opinion and are different from person to person, you can't design the one product for everyone. With every face being shaped different and different sizes, a set size will NOT fit everyone the same or feel the same. Again, like i said in my last post, I appreciate all the technology that went into the E-vents, especially the lense system, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. The proto switch F.S. fit my face better than the profiler or an invision, and my next mask will be the flex 8 because I find it fits me the best, even if it has a crappy lense change system haha :)

CKY_Alliance
05-24-2006, 10:50 PM
If you order them offline try to get ahold of a pair to try before...when i tried the e-vents on that seemed to pinch my nose kind of or put pressure on it, and i dont have a big nose so i would try them on before you buy a pair...and to the people that have profilers that flex enough to cause pain or injury, have you done anything to soften them up? mine flex but i dont think they flex enough to push into my nose or even make contact at any painfull amount of pressure..maybe mine just dont give as much?hmm, and ive never had a problem with the lense that comes with the profilers..cept that i dont clean them enough

Ydna
05-28-2006, 09:52 AM
With products that deal with individual preference and needs that are based on opinion and are different from person to person, you can't design the one product for everyone. With every face being shaped different and different sizes, a set size will NOT fit everyone the same or feel the same. Again, like i said in my last post, I appreciate all the technology that went into the E-vents, especially the lense system, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. The proto switch F.S. fit my face better than the profiler or an invision, and my next mask will be the flex 8 because I find it fits me the best, even if it has a crappy lense change system haha :)
Funny you should mention that becuase from what I understand the head shape was a main point of concern. The thing we all appreciate about the new Vents mask is DEFINITELY all the development that went into them. They toook nearly a year and a half to come to production. One of the more impressive factoids about them is that 3D scans of people's heads were actually taken to figure out where the soft areas are, where the hard ones are, where the ocular protrusions were, etc etc etc, and importantly where air actually gets pushed at different head/neck positions. A lot of the masks out there have the wearer breathing into the piece of foam faceplate...there may be a grill right in front of your mouth but it doesn't necessarially mean that's where air is going.
Point being that there were a miriad of head shapes that they could have "ran with" but when it comes tot he final product it's a given that the item was designed to fit the majority of heads out there. Any freakish facial features not withstanding (lol)

I understand your preference, just thought I'd share that.