PDA

View Full Version : Common x-valve problem?

Chronobreak
05-23-2006, 06:16 PM
ok i know this probly belongs in tech but we all know more people look here.

ive had a red x-valve for about 2 years now.

it once again appears to have a leak on the seal btwn the powertube and valve mainbody.

the seal is either faulty or became faulty or may have been isntalled wrong.

this will be the second time vie replaced this in about a 9-12 month period and im thinking that is not very normal. is there anything that could be causing this or promoting the seal to go bad?

last time agd did NOT fix it for free, even though im nearly 80% or more sure it was a problem with them since it went bad after 4-6 months of using it 7-8 times or less, now less than a year alter it is doing it again.

i dont want to pay another rebuild fee just to have to do this again in another year.

suggestions, comments, anyone else have this problem?

Tunaman
05-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Can you get the powertube off? If so, I'll send you the special oring you need. Inspect the powertube with a high power magnifier for cracks. Let me know.

Chronobreak
05-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Can you get the powertube off? If so, I'll send you the special oring you need. Inspect the powertube with a high power magnifier for cracks. Let me know.

powertube looks fine, thats the first thing i checked, that and the carrier o-ring but the leak wasnt that far up anyways

i then checked the on/off several times for leaky/bad orings, but nothing

and the only thing i cannnot physicly see leaking is what it appears to be.

also as far as taking the powertube off is it hard , or do i need any special tools?

ie strap wrench, remove loc tite?

have i ever said tuna is the man before? :D

master_alexander
05-23-2006, 07:30 PM
his name is "tunaman"...

/im not much help...