PDA

View Full Version : Team AO June 4th Millington IL

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 11:41 AM
I thought about this, the most fun I ever had playing paintball was at IAO, playing in the OGD. However, Kev won't get around to doing this but once a year :D saying something about a lot of work or some nonsense like that.

AO days sound like a great thing, but I really like the organization (or chaos) of a tournament. So, what do I do with this information?

I find a five man tournament event, and check into it a bit. Paint is something like $55 a case, entrance fee is $200, competition level is described as medium, whatever that means.

I hope to find five AO members to attend under team AO

Some base rules

A) Do not expect to win
B) We go to represent AO - if you are cheating (and thats my definition of intentionally trying to violate the rules with dishonest intent to change the outcome) you will not play another
C) This tournament no pro or semi-pro players (not my rule)
D) I don't care what marker you use, AO is about AO, not the markers.

Tournament held at: http://foxpaintball.com/directions.html

More info http://titspb.com/registration.html (yes, you will have to do the APPA registration)

Payment and Game Information

· Payments can be made using paypal.com until we get a link setup with APPA’s database. The email address you will need to send the payment to is PresenceDesign@hotmail.com.

· Each event’s points will go towards the overall series points. Points will determine individual event winners as well as overall series winners.

· Teams reffing an event, that are also playing, will be given an average of their two top scores thoughout the year for the event they ref.

· Rules will be modified PSP 5man. NO Ramping or Bouncing. Centerflag 5-Man format.

· Fields may consist of Airball or XBall fields.

· Fields will open at 7am to allow ample time for teams to walk the fields. Captain’s meeting begins at 8:30am sharp. Games will commence at 9am.

· Team classification – Teams will qualify to compete if they have played PSP Division IV in 2006 / PSP Division III in 2005 or prior to 2005 / NPPL Division III in 2006 or prior to 2006. Any team that has played PSP Division II or higher, prior to 2006 or NPPL Division II or higher prior to 2006, will not be eligible Each team will be allowed (1) DIII PSP player or (1) DII NPPL player. No semi-pro or pro players will be allowed.

· No outside paint may be used for the event. Teams will be offered (2) grades of paint. The paintballs that will be offered are Draxxus Inferno SFX and Draxxus Blaze. Inferno SFX will cost $55.00 and Draxxus Blaze will cost $50.00.

Payment for registration must be made the Friday before the event by 9pm. NO EXCUSES ALLOWED. We need teams register by that time so we can create an accurate schedule.

· Registration costs are NON-REFUNDABLE for any reason.

· We reserve the right to prohibit anyone from playing for any reason, including misrepresentation of skill level.

Prize List

* Prizes are guaranteed depending on the number of teams entered - see breakdown below.

** Prize list may increase depending on sponsors

· First place

Cash Payment (10-19 teams = $600 / 20-29 teams = $900 / 30-39 teams = $1200 / 40-49 teams = $1500)

(5) Gold Cup Trophies

(5) Stiffi Gift Website Certificates (each certificate is worth $50)

(5) Bottles of Blue Goo

(5) Bottles of Liquid I.C.E.

· Second Place

Cash Payment (10-19 teams = $400 / 20-29 teams = $700 / 30-39 teams = $900 / 40-49 teams = $1200)

(5) Trophies

(5) Bottles of Blue Goo

· Third Place

Cash Payment (10-19 teams = $200 / 20-29 teams = $400 / 30-39 teams = $600 / 40-49 teams = $800)

(5) Trophies

(5) Bottles of Blue Goo

· Fourth Place

(5) Trophies

Who's in? I will register a team this week with enough interest

Roster so far
Team One
1) Me :) - team captain
2) Paintman1234
3) AGDlover
4) Grenaliens
5) Person1

Team two (or alternates)
1) Aggravated Assault

Come on guys, get RedRT and Dharma Punk to commit and we're good to go.

It has been brought to my attention that I should request paypal from the first five to assure they are there. So here it is $40 each - if we end up playing with alternates price will be split evenly between all of us and I will issue a refund on site.

paintman1234
05-25-2006, 04:17 PM
did you want me to go? is that what your pm is about?
should be able to make it if i can get a ride from you

edit: 400th post!!!

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 04:34 PM
did you want me to go? is that what your pm is about?
should be able to make it if i can get a ride from you

edit: 400th post!!!

Thats the spirit :) Come on guys, I need players, this would be a great chance for anyone from Detroit, Wisconsin, Chicago - wherever.

paintman1234
05-25-2006, 04:56 PM
couldnt russ just make an account get a few posts and then come? or anyone else from colors....

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 05:01 PM
couldnt russ just make an account get a few posts and then come? or anyone else from colors....

It kills the point. Noone else there will be playing as an owners group. I can take anyone I want... this is something different I intend to try.

Yes, I could drag Extreme XS down there, and we could probably roll with anyone there. I want to try something different though.

AGDlover
05-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Eh I'm down good time to rock the new eyes in the angel

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Eh I'm down good time to rock the new eyes in the angel

thats three.... just two more and I can register :). I think this stands a chance of being a lot of fun

paintman1234
05-25-2006, 06:19 PM
well at least if you get one more, then we could always pick up someone from colors. someone not on extreme maybe

but then again im sure 2 more people are game...
will I have to do some sort of registration seeing as how i have not played a psp event

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 06:24 PM
well at least if you get one more, then we could always pick up someone from colors. someone not on extreme maybe

will I have to do some sort of registration seeing as how i have not played a psp event

Yeh, the screwy AARP system - Ill get the team registered and info up on that system. Likely register the team tomorrow or Saturday, plenty of space it looked like. If you have AARP numbers, send them to me please.

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 07:22 PM

You should go down to Chicago with us, be a good experience.

/Ok, I'm sure hanging out with our team for three days is not something your parents would approve of
//The alchohol consumption will be interesting

paintman1234
05-25-2006, 07:37 PM
id love to as long as i dont have to sleep in trumans room...
when is that? its friday through sunday correct, I can fill some mean pods lol

paintman1234
05-25-2006, 07:48 PM
here is the id number i made if you need it to register us

30311-9841

grEnAlEins
05-25-2006, 08:13 PM
I wana play. I live nearby to... I am gonna put in a day off request tomarrow :dance: :dance:

EDIT: PM'ed you Lohman :D

And BTW, What the heck is up with rule number A :rofl: j/k

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Thats four... send me your full names again, like Grenaliens did, even if I should know them. Yes, thats directed at you Andrew and Ben

grEnAlEins
05-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Are we dressing like a team? If so, what color?

paintman1234
05-25-2006, 08:40 PM
pm sent

grEnAlEins
05-25-2006, 09:33 PM
So I go to register, right...

And I have a profile... They take my NCPA Registration I guess :cool:

AGDlover
05-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Are we dressing like a team? If so, what color?

HAHAHAHA THIS IS AO... yeah right! :rofl:

grEnAlEins
05-25-2006, 11:34 PM
HAHAHAHA THIS IS AO... yeah right! :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: fair 'nuff

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Now.. someone recruit another player. I signed us up, worst case scenario (and its not that bad) I'll bring one of the players from my team to try to even the odds some. However, it woudl be better if we were all AOers

abunkerer
05-26-2006, 09:42 AM
I play in this series! (chicago Conmen) THis is a great event! it is made up of mostly teams that have played and practiced with eachother for years and the vibe is positive. One of the most "honest" tournaments you will ever play in, people actually go out when they are hit. :wow: ANd you dont get (many) bonus balls either..
665's "Hobbs" is the ultimate ref, and does a great job. Damage inc. has been pulling 1st place in the last 2 events, they even made a vid to prove how cool they are:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=748853674&n=2

If I didn't have a team/or if I wasnt captain of the team that I am playing with in this series..then I would join up with you guys, I've been playing tourney ball for 3+ years now and the MTS (t.i.t.s) may not be the biggest, but it definately is one of the most fun tournaments I have ever played in.

Here's the team list of some teams that you will be playing against:

http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi-bin/showteams.cgi?EID=305&LID=26

*Some teams aren't on the APPA site; they just call the FOX paintball store with their roster and sign up for the event. ( http://www.foxpaintball.com )

paintman1234
05-26-2006, 09:43 AM
could get mike, hes on ao all the time, but hes not very good and I dont think he has the cash so thats probly not the best idea

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 11:19 AM
I play in this series! (chicago Conmen) THis is a great event! it is made up of mostly teams that have played and practiced with eachother for years and the vibe is positive. One of the most "honest" tournaments you will ever play in, people actually go out when they are hit. :wow: ANd you dont get (many) bonus balls either..
665's "Hobbs" is the ultimate ref, and does a great job. Damage inc. has been pulling 1st place in the last 2 events, they even made a vid to prove how cool they are:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=748853674&n=2

If I didn't have a team/or if I wasnt captain of the team that I am playing with in this series..then I would join up with you guys, I've been playing tourney ball for 3+ years now and the MTS (t.i.t.s) may not be the biggest, but it definately is one of the most fun tournaments I have ever played in.

Here's the team list of some teams that you will be playing against:

http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi-bin/showteams.cgi?EID=305&LID=26

*Some teams aren't on the APPA site; they just call the FOX paintball store with their roster and sign up for the event. ( http://www.foxpaintball.com )

You'll have to show us around then when we get there. I sent in a roster, than an update last night I called fox and they kinda wanted me to do it that way

person1
05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I would love to go, but i dont think BBT id ever going to give me my tank back. Im right around fox too.

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I would love to go, but i dont think BBT id ever going to give me my tank back. Im right around fox too.

Tank for? I have a low pressure tank on my Minion and a high on my Mag... I could probably beg / borrow a tank from someone

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 12:51 PM
This is going to be a lot of fun, looking forward to seeing those I have seen before again, and meeting new AOers. :)

IMPORTANT: You must bring photo ID according to the APPA system. Although I have never seen an issue with this please have it. If you are under 16 non-government id + birth certificate is acceptable.

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Cost is going to be $40 per player for entrance, assuming we have five. We can do it by paypal to me or pay me when we get there - Ill pay the middle of next week

person1
05-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Tank for? I have a low pressure tank on my Minion and a high on my Mag... I could probably beg / borrow a tank from someone

Angel Lcd, gave mine to BBT to be hydro'd about a month and a half ago. Last time i did it it only took like 3 weeks, so i duno what the hold up is. If i could borrow a tank from someone that would be cool, because i got money to play and everything.

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Angel Lcd, gave mine to BBT to be hydro'd about a month and a half ago. Last time i did it it only took like 3 weeks, so i duno what the hold up is. If i could borrow a tank from someone that would be cool, because i got money to play and everything.

Get me a number from the registration system up top :)

person1
05-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Get me a number from the registration system up top :)

30341-1174

Aggravated Assault
05-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Sounds like fun. Don't know if there's a solid 5 yet, but if there isn't, I would be willing to play.... I plan on being there anyway - I don't live too far away. let me know :D

abunkerer
05-26-2006, 05:53 PM
I got plenty of xtra gear, & Id be willing to help an AOer out!

It's going to be good to see AO there!

Fox River games was a big Automag supporter back in the day, they even had mags for rentals when I used to play there back in 1994, even their "logo" has a fox shooting a mag.

:cheers:

abunkerer
05-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Sounds like fun. Don't know if there's a solid 5 yet, but if there isn't, I would be willing to play.... I plan on being there anyway - I don't live too far away. let me know :D

aggravated assault...I used to be on a team called aggravated assault... and what is even wierder is that we once played at in a tournament at fox PB, and we got 4th place...all of these coincidences! making me crazy!!

AGDlover
05-26-2006, 06:02 PM
*bust out the school idea and the birth certificate* :D

Dharma punk
05-26-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm interested in playing in this, but I have a few questions as this would be my first tourney. I've played Xball a few times, but in a non-tourney environment.

How many games does a team usually get in during the day? How much paint does an average player go through?(I usually go through just under a case playing recball) Are airfills included in the registration fee?

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 06:47 PM
We have five, however, more is fine to. We could always drop two teams in if we got ten in, otherwise an alternate or two is fine as well.

I have no idea how they run them, most tournaments expect 6-8 games in a day

If you have given me an ID # make sure your name is here http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi-bin/roster.cgi?RID=10576

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I would be delighted to see two full teams there. After the weekend we will take a count and see if we have enough for two or if we are taking one with subs.

paintman1234
05-26-2006, 07:09 PM
is there a reason that that when i click the link to see if im signed up it gives me a "no such roster" message?

just wondering...

So do we have 5 then good to go?

Lohman446
05-26-2006, 07:15 PM
is there a reason that that when i click the link to see if im signed up it gives me a "no such roster" message?

just wondering...

So do we have 5 then good to go?

We have five.. the roster system being retarded?

grEnAlEins
05-26-2006, 09:05 PM
I got thae day off :dance: Now I can play Sunday and not get into troubles Monday morning :D

REDRT
05-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Millington is in the Aurora area isn't it? Heck that isn't that far away. I might just go down there and give you guys some AO support...

AGDlover
05-26-2006, 11:25 PM
2 teams would be killer. Seems my Angel is still gonna be out being worked on by the turny time But I do have a custom little fun toy... Dunno it will be leagle to use or not(probly will be) I'll Talk with you Lohman about it. :ninja: no its not the mag

Lohman446
05-27-2006, 07:28 AM
'Drew, assuming its one shot one pull its legal, I don't care if its a mag. Though I am thinking I might just play with my mag.

Ok, lets do paypal to get entrance taken care of - if you are on the first team send me $40 to Lohman446@aol.com (I'll cover fees and yes I can take credit cards). If you do not have paypal PM me. Those on the second team / alternate roster so far. I'm hoping to get a full second team there, I think that would show everyone why AO rules as a group and not just online. If it ends up being alternates then we will split costs evenly and I will issue any refunds due on site.

AGDlover
05-27-2006, 07:53 AM
yea than i guess shes good then. Alright I'll PP you tonight Rob. Whats the 2nd Teams Name?

Aggravated Assault
05-27-2006, 07:54 AM
ya, how cool would that be to have two AO teams there... :cheers:

Millington is in the Aurora area isn't it? Heck that isn't that far away.

It's south-west of Aurora maybe 30 min? I just looked at my road atlas and it didn't even show Millington, lol. It's is kinda out in the boonies, a few miles off rt 71.

Anyhoo, count me in. :D

Lohman446
05-27-2006, 08:05 AM
yea than i guess shes good then. Alright I'll PP you tonight Rob. Whats the 2nd Teams Name?

Team AO 2?

AGDlover
05-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Fair nuff Rob lol just wondering if we were gonna do something clever (ex. My team(Noxious) and our sister team (Ub-Noxious)

paintman1234
05-27-2006, 09:40 AM
payment sent rob.

agdlover- are you going to play with your BM5? lol thats sick

person1- what position do you normally play?

shaping up to be a good day. btw, nice pump Rob

AGDlover
05-27-2006, 10:21 AM
yea prob will havent shot it in like... 3months lol... with eyes atleast but I'm picking up some lazer eyes from a team mate.

person1
05-27-2006, 02:23 PM
ya, how cool would that be to have two AO teams there... :cheers:

It's south-west of Aurora maybe 30 min? I just looked at my road atlas and it didn't even show Millington, lol. It's is kinda out in the boonies, a few miles off rt 71.

Anyhoo, count me in. :D

Ya it is kinda in the boonies, the first time i went i passed it like 3 times.

I usually play back/mid, but it doesnt really matter to me

AGDlover
05-27-2006, 02:32 PM
WEEEE not gonna bust out the BM5 my team mate who was gonna sell me his lazer eyes said He'd just drop off his Shocktech DM5. WEEE :D

paintman1234
05-27-2006, 02:37 PM
sweet, ill be playing front/mid with my ion, might bust out a little mech merlin if i get the chance to give it to my official gun tech today, (Gary)

grEnAlEins
05-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I usually go back (not front, thats what happens when intoxicated and sleep deprived... :D ) or mid... I will be shooting my Predatored (hopefully) Shocker and I will be bringing my mag from PBSams.

Lohman446
05-28-2006, 06:32 AM
Hehe... I'll play back :confused: :D

paintman1234
05-28-2006, 07:49 AM
you will play in the rob position...

kinda a mix of running all over the place then falling somewhere

AGDlover
05-28-2006, 09:08 AM
..wait.... how many back players on AO(1) do were have now? I'm one

grEnAlEins
05-28-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm one
No, your three :D
Team AO 1 looks to have 5 and AO 2 has three as of now (I think)

AGDlover
05-28-2006, 09:46 AM
No, your three :D
Team AO 1 looks to have 5 and AO 2 has three as of now (I think)

smart a$$ HAHAH JM but all of us are back players? wow

grEnAlEins
05-28-2006, 10:28 AM
smart a$$ HAHAH JM but all of us are back players? wow
I can go midfield, I'll borrow my Dad's cleats :cool:

person1
05-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I can go mid, so thats 2 back, 2 mid, and 1 front?

Dharma punk
05-28-2006, 11:02 AM
I can'y make it. I forgot my buddy is having a poker night on Saturday which means a long might for me. Getting up at 6AM to be at the field won't happen. Maybe next time.

AGDlover
05-28-2006, 11:10 AM
2 mid 2 back and one front should be good I'm usualy a Back mid guy sucks that DP cant make it.. oh well we still got a week LOLZ

grEnAlEins
05-28-2006, 11:11 AM
I can go mid, so thats 2 back, 2 mid, and 1 front?
Looks like it. I wanted to see a team of five backmen :cry: That would be mildly to moderately commical, hilarity would ensue :rofl:

AGDlover
05-28-2006, 11:14 AM
no a team of 4 back and one front would be the rainmaker OG from IAO :tard: lol havent seen laneing like that in a while!

person1
05-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Looks like it. I wanted to see a team of five backmen :cry: That would be mildly to moderately commical, hilarity would ensue :rofl:

That would be hilarious, defense wins games right, or no thats basketball :rofl:

Lohman446
05-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Understand my definition of "playing back" has little to do with anyone elses :) I still carry two pods

person1
05-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Understand my definition of "playing back" has little to do with anyone elses :) I still carry two pods

Wow, whenever i play back i shoot like a pod a minute.

Does anyone know if they have a tank i can borrow for my angel or mag? Im really hoping my tank comes back from BBT before, but just incase. Im contemplating just buying a 68/45

AGDlover
05-28-2006, 01:41 PM
which BBT did you bring it to?

person1
05-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Naperville, they even said that it shoulda been back a week ago

AGDlover
05-28-2006, 02:51 PM
lansing should have it. BBT sends all their stuff there. Call and ask and if you can drive up there and check

AGDlover
05-28-2006, 07:03 PM
would any of you guys going by chance have an extra set of DM4/5 eye harness?

Lohman446
05-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Team 2? I think it best to have a second team rather than rotating, though I need ideas on second teams. Do we wait and see who from AO will add to the two there, or do we invite friends?

Aggravated Assault
05-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I was really hoping there would be enought interest to get two teams going.... :(

Come on AO'ers, there's gotta be someone up for some action on June 4th.

I can grab somebody local to fill out a spot or two if needed...straight up players who would fit in easily.

Aggravated Assault
05-28-2006, 10:31 PM
aggravated assault...I used to be on a team called aggravated assault... and what is even wierder is that we once played at in a tournament at fox PB, and we got 4th place...all of these coincidences! making me crazy!!

:D lol, thats pretty wierd, do i know you? :ninja:

I played with aggravated assault from 96' to 99' or 00'. That tourney from that era? (darn, I'm showing my age now... :( )

Lohman446
05-29-2006, 06:17 AM
I was really hoping there would be enought interest to get two teams going.... :(

I can grab somebody local to fill out a spot or two if needed...straight up players who would fit in easily.

If REDRT is in, can bring one player, and you bring 2, it gives enough for a team (assuming noone else jumps in. I'm hoping Tuesday to get more interest as more people come back from vacation or whatever

REDRT
05-29-2006, 08:03 AM
If REDRT is in, can bring one player, and you bring 2, it gives enough for a team (assuming noone else jumps in. I'm hoping Tuesday to get more interest as more people come back from vacation or whatever

Dude, I can't play. Rent and car payment have me strapped for that weekend. I might be able t drive down and spectate, but that is about it.

Lohman446
05-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Dude, I can't play. Rent and car payment have me strapped for that weekend. I might be able t drive down and spectate, but that is about it.

Bah.. ok, well I guess we have an alternate - Aggravated, why not get me your ID # and Ill ad you to the team

PS - we are paid and in now

REDRT
05-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Bah.. ok, well I guess we have an alternate - Aggravated, why not get me your ID # and Ill ad you to the team

PS - we are paid and in now

Honestly I have never needed an ID# for the smaller events I normally frequent. Just a good looking mag and money. :spit_take. Where does one go to register of an ID#?

Aggravated Assault
05-29-2006, 09:42 AM
ok, checked out that link. How does the APPA work? Is it just a database of events? How do they classify players? I didn't see a heck of alot of information about that stuff on their site, unless I just couldn't find it.

Lohman446
05-29-2006, 10:02 AM
ok, checked out that link. How does the APPA work? Is it just a database of events? How do they classify players? I didn't see a heck of alot of information about that stuff on their site, unless I just couldn't find it.

APPA classifies players according to there experience (in the APPA system) as required by the different events that use the system (PSP I know, I think NPPL). Some smaller events use it to prevent high ranking PSP / NPPL players from sandbagging

REDRT
05-29-2006, 10:03 AM

Here is the link to register. It was pretty easy
http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi-bin/newplayer.cgi?Ref=26

Lohman446
05-29-2006, 10:29 AM
I renamed the team AO Mafia - anyone object let me know now

Aggravated Assault
05-29-2006, 03:42 PM
APPA classifies players according to there experience (in the APPA system) as required by the different events that use the system (PSP I know, I think NPPL). Some smaller events use it to prevent high ranking PSP / NPPL players from sandbagging
I see. Sooo, someone could play 200 events, but, the only events that appa records are the ones they are affiliated with? Also, what is considered "novice" in the APPA system? any idea?

I'll get you a number shortly....

NewbieMagMan10988
05-29-2006, 04:05 PM
you will play in the rob position...

kinda a mix of running all over the place then falling somewhere

HAHA, so true.

I would love to go but as usual, i am A) Out of cash, and B) Have a marching band thing going on.

B) is thanks to Ben's mom.....grrrrrrrrrrr

Even if i wasnt on a team i would love to go down......

hrmmmmmm

Only one hour till fun with Mike Ben and Garry...

Sounds like the name of a kid show...or a porn movie

I really dont have any meaning in life

Maybe i should do a dance

YES! Ill dance all over your thread...

Wait, allready did.

person1
05-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Well i checked on the weather and it said 77 and mostly sunny. I hope it doesnt turn out to be like the weather is now, im like 30 mins away and its been like 95+ the past 3 or 4 days here.

paintman1234
05-29-2006, 05:09 PM
thanks for that mike,

I dont think my mom is going to do the band thing so you may be able to come anyways...

I play front/mid so theres one real front guy for the team, I will be suprised if I pod more then 5 times the whole day...

Lohman446
05-29-2006, 06:46 PM
I see. Sooo, someone could play 200 events, but, the only events that appa records are the ones they are affiliated with? Also, what is considered "novice" in the APPA system? any idea?

I'll get you a number shortly....

APPA does nto actually provide a ranking system, only a history of events played. The different leagues (PSP, etc) use that history to assign there own ranking system - well the APPA uses there standards to classify for there events

IronCore
05-29-2006, 08:03 PM

..man I'd like to play but will be in the middle of a move, I could see that its going to be fun.

Good Luck!!

Aggravated Assault
05-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Lohman - PM'd you w/ ID

Lohman446
05-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Lohman - PM'd you w/ ID

You're already added :)

Aggravated Assault
05-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Now thats fast service!

BD_Paintball
05-29-2006, 10:17 PM
if i would have saw this say about 2 weeks ago me and my brother might have been able to make it, but it looks like i saw that to late. good luck out there and mow some fools

Lohman446
05-30-2006, 12:24 PM
if i would have saw this say about 2 weeks ago me and my brother might have been able to make it, but it looks like i saw that to late. good luck out there and mow some fools

:) Thats cause two weeks ago the idea was just barely bouncing around in my head

phantomhitman
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
how can you play not to win?! where is the fun unless you wipe, yell, hide in trees while trying to sniper with ninja throwing stars, and cry about everything in paintball?!

good luck team ao

paintman1234
05-30-2006, 04:21 PM
sounding like a ture pbnationer... lol jk

so are we doing subs instead of 2 teams or are we bringing friends to play and make 2 teams with off ao people?

Lohman446
05-30-2006, 04:24 PM
sounding like a ture pbnationer... lol jk

so are we doing subs instead of 2 teams or are we bringing friends to play and make 2 teams with off ao people?

We have one alternate at this moment in time - one :)

Aggravated Assault
05-30-2006, 10:44 PM
If people wanted to bring others, like I said, I could possibly get one (maybe two) myself, but I would have to make a move soon.

I Can't believe there isn't one or two more AO'ers who would be down wit some team AO action. :(

:shooting: Put down your purses and pick up your markers - theres paintball to play! :D :D

person1
05-30-2006, 11:34 PM
If people wanted to bring others, like I said, I could possibly get one (maybe two) myself, but I would have to make a move soon.

I Can't believe there isn't one or two more AO'ers who would be down wit some team AO action. :(

:shooting: Put down your purses and pick up your markers - theres paintball to play! :D :D

Wouldn't it be smart to have two AO teams? Since all the prizes say 10-19 teams being the lowest, and there are only 7 teams signed up(including AO mafia) Will they still have the tourny if there are say only 7 teams in it?

Lohman446
05-31-2006, 12:48 AM
I'll settle for one team as this was kinda last minute, two would be better but ones not bad.

Those signed up, please PM me your cell phone number or the best way to contact you day of tournament

Aggravated Assault
05-31-2006, 07:40 AM
If you are only looking at the list in at the APPA site - there may be some teams singned up directly thru Fox paintball. I know Chip at fox was taking rosters and $$ for the first tourney of the series. If someone wants to check into how many teams are signed up, there's a thread at pbnation about the series. I think its in the regional section.

Aggravated Assault
05-31-2006, 10:54 PM
There are nine team signed up as of today. If they need 10 for prizes, maybe tryin to rope a couple of other people for a 2nd team might be worth it. I'm putting out a couple emails tonight to test the water.

AGDlover
05-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Cant wait guys!!! Need to mow some faces!!! :shooting:

person1
05-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Cant wait guys!!! Need to mow some faces!!! :shooting:

I know im getting all excited. Im gonna try and go to CPX league nights on friday to get some rust off my game, that is if the 68/45 i had overnighted to me comes in when its supposed to :D

Lohman446
06-01-2006, 08:10 AM
There are nine team signed up as of today. If they need 10 for prizes, maybe tryin to rope a couple of other people for a 2nd team might be worth it. I'm putting out a couple emails tonight to test the water.

Sounds reasonable. If you get enough interest for a full second team we can easily do that :)

Aggravated Assault
06-01-2006, 05:00 PM
I might get two. Then there is still two spots - any of you guys able to pull a player or two?

Lohman446
06-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm personnaly avoiding that question :) six on one team is not a bad idea to have one spare.

paintman1234
06-01-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah, im thinking thats a good way to go...

I also will have a old mech mag working (hopefully) If I can swap the bodies out because my old body is not wanting to let the barrels twist in, any suggestions?

I probly wont play with it so maybe I can just hang it from our staging area somewhere as a motivation object similar to a flag or "uncle sam" btw does anyone have like a canopy that we can set-up to stage under?

I belive I have a pod-"w"itch lined up for us as well

AGDlover
06-01-2006, 09:20 PM
try looseing the set screw on the bottom of the twist lock assy.

person1
06-01-2006, 10:08 PM
A canopy thing would be good, all i have is like a 10man tent that takes a while to setup. Does anyone know if they have like picknick tables or anything? I havent been there in a super long time.

But i will be bringing a cooler packed with like gatorades and water for everyone on the team.

Lohman446- i pm'd you my cell # too

Lohman446
06-01-2006, 10:26 PM
I will try to call everyone the morning of to let them know my ETA or that we are there :) IT really depends on traffic etc. - my date Saturday night, that type of thing. On the plus I wont be hung over :) This is going to be a great time, and six people is a reasonable amount, remember I did this with very little notice for anyone, though I hope to expand the idea some in the future

Aggravated Assault
06-01-2006, 10:38 PM
hmm, well...there is two more events in this series. :ninja:

AGDlover
06-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey Lohman still got my #?

paintman1234
06-02-2006, 09:38 AM
I say bring the tent lo that would be sweet!

wow rob you have a date? or are you just going to the bar and hoping to pick one up?

Lohman446
06-02-2006, 09:48 AM
I say bring the tent lo that would be sweet!

wow rob you have a date? or are you just going to the bar and hoping to pick one up?

No... one I actually care if I piss off, which isn't a good sign

/If things go really well you'll be riding in the backseat
//Probably not though, trying to do this one "right"

paintman1234
06-02-2006, 01:30 PM
lol well good luck.

btw. if anyone has an extra harness i could really use it... i have pods and stuff but my harness sucks..

AGDlover
06-02-2006, 05:39 PM
well seems I may be rocking the mag.... yay :( no eyes for the BM5 unless someone has DM5 eyes they can lend me

grEnAlEins
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
if anyone has an extra harness i could really use it...
I got an Empire 3+2, but it sucks. You can use it if need be...

no eyes for the BM5 unless someone has DM5 eyes they can lend me
My Predator is not here yet :cry:

AGDlover
06-02-2006, 06:41 PM
wheres my angel when i need it... and great now i cant find the bottom peace to my NW quick disconect

person1
06-02-2006, 09:20 PM
well seems I may be rocking the mag.... yay :( no eyes for the BM5 unless someone has DM5 eyes they can lend me

I need some dm eyes for my angel too, just played with it at CPX though with my new dm4 frame on it and no chops, so that was good :clap:

I really want to use my mag, so hopefully i can get it working(starting a topic in the tech part if any of you want to help)

Should i bring my tent? It says its sleeps 8, its a pretty decent size. I would just need help setting it up and taking it down.

AGDlover
06-02-2006, 09:28 PM
lol without eyes in my BM5 is like garunteed chops lol i might as well just smash my case with a sledge hammer and save some humilation lol

NewbieMagMan10988
06-02-2006, 09:46 PM
I am this pod "W"itch Paintman speaks of, looks like i will be taging along.

Rob, leave room for one more in your car if you could. I will be at bens at the nasty time in the morning. I dont think i will have any gear with me, unless you want me to bring stuff (i have $0 keep in mind).

Let me know what you think,

Mike

AGDlover
06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
I'll bring 2 pod racks for you to use

paintman1234
06-02-2006, 10:09 PM
sweet!

dont bother with an actually tent im just talking about like a canopy (unless thats what it is)
something like this:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/acecanopy_1896_1766473

sorry no dm4 eyes, I will be bring an ion down if all else fails, someone can shoot that and I can use my merlin...(yah)

yes please bring the pack im sure it will work better then the nasty cut up one I got on ebay for $.01 then they shipped me the wrong pack grrr!!!

AGDlover
06-02-2006, 10:12 PM
lol i know i aint shootin no ion.... i'd throw paint first

paintman1234
06-02-2006, 10:14 PM
ouch, fine i see how it is... lol that hurt its little plastic feelings

AGDlover
06-02-2006, 10:22 PM
well good :mad: lol

person1
06-02-2006, 11:52 PM
lol without eyes in my BM5 is like garunteed chops lol i might as well just smash my case with a sledge hammer and save some humilation lol

I think its because i have the dm4 board on like the ultra slow setting and the trigger is kinda long. I was surprised i didnt chop with my revvy.

I got my mag almost working, so i should be using that, single trigger frame goodness :D

AGDlover
06-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Emag is all up and running :clap: :shooting:

AGDlover
06-03-2006, 05:47 PM
:( I might be out due to my brother is makeing me pay for a new tire for his harley since aparently he ran over one of my parts for my engine. :cry: sry guys

NewbieMagMan10988
06-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Might be out, or out for sure?

That would be good to know......

Mike A.K.A. Pod Witch

Lohman446
06-03-2006, 06:53 PM
We will cope with whoever is there when we get there 3:30 tomorow and Ill pick the two of you up - Ill call when Im ten minutes away

paintman1234
06-03-2006, 07:29 PM
sounds good, btw can we plug in an xbox and run it on your tv or does it just run the tv?
(in your van that is)

paintman1234
06-03-2006, 07:39 PM
if we loose another your calling russ...

Is everyone paid btw?

person1
06-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Is everyone gonna be there at 7? I just drove there like 15 mins ago, just to make sure i knew where it was, since im only like 35mins away, man its fun driving those back roads.

But ill be there at 7, in a black jeep, with my red ULE mag. See ya there guys :)

grEnAlEins
06-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Is everyone gonna be there at 7? I just drove there like 15 mins ago, just to make sure i knew where it was, since im only like 35mins away, man its fun driving those back roads.

But ill be there at 7, in a black jeep, with my red ULE mag. See ya there guys :)
I'll be in my white Durango with my Shocker, my ULE'd "X-Z 15*" Mag :D :cool:

paintman1234
06-03-2006, 09:57 PM
*pod witch posting for ben*

Yes rob, we will both be at bens house ready (but sleepy) at 3:30.

Ill be sure to check for everyone.

Night!

Mike

Aggravated Assault
06-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I'll have my Green/white company truck. s-10. can't miss it. I'll look for ya'll. 7 bells if not sooner.

grEnAlEins
06-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Is everyone paid btw?
Nope, I talked to Lohman bout that though, I have no Paypal :(

person1
06-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Nope, I talked to Lohman bout that though, I have no Paypal :(

same here, im giving him the cash tomorrow

grEnAlEins
06-04-2006, 06:23 PM
That was great fun! Great meeting you guys... Event though we got smoked. Hey, we won a game though :D

MicroMiniMe
06-04-2006, 06:59 PM
That was great fun! Great meeting you guys... Event though we got smoked. Hey, we won a game though :D

Played clean and had fun, sounds like a good tournament.

paintman1234
06-04-2006, 08:30 PM
ya i dont know about good tourny, but I had fun dispite the overshooting 2 games in a row...

good meeting you guys and the next time we do this it will be a rookie tourny

NewbieMagMan10988
06-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey all,

We had a blast, in dead last (that rhymes {sp?})

Clean play, good representing of AO, and the only people with mahs, not counting rentals.

I will get all those pics and movies up in a thread tomorow, i gotta do homework and SLEEEEEP.

I had a great time beeing the teams "w"itch. Even if i had to clean robs minion like every game. lol

Good fun guys, like i said, i will get pics and stuff up tomorow,

Mike

NewbieMagMan10988
06-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Oh, and Jeff, i stole your blue revvy and clear clamping 45* elbow. Gimme your adress in a PM and i will ship them out to you.

Mike

person1
06-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I had an awesome time, It was great meeting everyone and playing in my first tourney, even though i spent the majority of my time on the field in the deadbox :rofl:

NewbieMagMan10988- you are an awesome pod "w"itch

Lohman446
06-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I think I was shot more at that tournament then I was all this year :) That being said I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone.

Aggravated Assault
06-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Hey - great meeting all you guys today. I had a blast.

Lohman - big thanks for lettin me use the "Minion" for a couple games. It was nice. makes me want to get one.

NewbieMagMan10988 - all I want to know is: how did the palmer work and did you shoot anyone? :D I'll PM you w/ my addy.

paintman1234
06-05-2006, 09:35 AM
I think I was shot more at that tournament then I was all this year :) That being said I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone.

lol same here

Mike get those pics up you have some good ones, btw its a minion not an omen although those two guns are bolth made by evil

Aggravated Assault
06-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Doh! Me know lots about paintguns!! :tard:

/goes into edit mode

paintman1234
06-05-2006, 01:30 PM
lol, only a little diffrence... ;)

abunkerer
06-05-2006, 08:50 PM
You guys did good, you were just outgunned. Your breaks looked nice, you made your bunkers and had your guns up...just werent able to compete with the paint volume, I give you guys credit, it was brave to go out there with mech mags against a bunch of seasoned teams shooting bouncy electros....who are all practicing for the chicago open, and who all know how the other teams play (it is a series).
- Anyways, you guys were at a distinct disadvantage, but you showed incredible sportsmanship and seemed to take it in stride...even though the reffing was bad this round.

hope to see you again on the field!
:cheers:

paintman1234
06-06-2006, 09:35 AM
were you on the team with the guy that blew up after "playing on"?
that was hilarious! Tell him everyone got a kick out of that

thanks for the support

Lohman446
06-06-2006, 09:51 AM
The refs were not having a good day... they were kinda getting abused by the players

I make a bunker move down the right tape, shoot a guy and get shot up a lot. Now it was close but I still think I got him. I turn to the ref go "did I get him or was I late." He tells me I was late so I turn to walk off. The player I moved against had just ducked and waited for the ref, who moves back towards position, I tell him to tell the player I hit that he is still in since he said I was late. No big deal - it was an aggressive move and frankly, the rules I play under, there cannot be overshooting on an aggressively moving player, only by.

The ref from the other side of the field thinks I was whining about it, comes up after the game and tells me overshooting is part of the game. I hadn't even complained so just shrugged. Funny thing is, next game we are in - the ref that says overshooting happens, pulls two players for just lighting Ben up.

Best shot of the day - when I was bunkered someone managed to put a series of balls into my open hopper as I was reloading... not a pretty picture.

abunkerer
06-06-2006, 10:33 AM
were you on the team with the guy that blew up after "playing on"?
that was hilarious! Tell him everyone got a kick out of that

thanks for the support

yeah, he did get a little over excited, but I agree, it was kind of funny.
He was right though, and that is why he got so upset. He and another player did a simultaneous run thru and shot out the back center and back right. The back center walked off, but the back right spun and shot both players after being hit, and the ref pulled both of my players but left him in. That same scenario happened again when we played against another team, same ref same bunker. so those 2 bad calls costed us ~200 points.
I got it on video, and even hobbs from 665 (the ultimate ref) posted on pbnation that it was a bad call.

I still had a good time, what tournament lets you play 10 games for a 200$ entry fee?!

paintman1234
06-06-2006, 03:03 PM
I played 14 in jackson for $250 and got it back lol
plus the most I got shot during a game was twice...

Id like to see the video of the games if you post them on here thanks!

btw: rob, Mike thought that was a worse shot then you lol he had to clean it out

Lohman446
06-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Randys first tournament of the year was $75 a team - prizes, and I think I played ten+ games :)

NewbieMagMan10988
06-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Nah, the hopper shots wernt so bad, rob cleaned those!

I have a ton of exam reviews due this week, so pics are uploading slowly........

Shiped out the typhoon yesterday..... :(

But the micro and nova are on the way :D

But i have to sell both to buy robs porche :ninja:

Smilies rock :dance:

Mike

paintman1234
06-06-2006, 08:19 PM
PICS & VIDEOS:

visit:
http://putfile.com/sheridanman10988

newbiemagman10988 is currently posting some pics and a few videos