PDA

View Full Version : classic rt questions.....

jmulhollen
05-25-2006, 12:21 PM
search is a ***** sine it wont use "rt" since its so short or the word "different" since its too common....so i need to find out..

i got a classic rt for a huge deal....$100 to be exact.

anyway....i got it because i currently have a minimag that i was planning on building....but i can sell the mag for what i paid for this and already have the rt valve and the new frame on the gun that i purchased...from what im seeing......

i cannot use a vertical body that i currently have on my minimag on the classic rt i this correct? i have seen people modifying rt bodies to fit classic bolts...but not vice cersa...has anyone done something like this? i would like to have the vertical body.....but i dont want to spend any more money or at least not a hundred bucks since its not worth tht much to me.

thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

jmulhollen
05-25-2006, 11:25 PM
i know someone knows.....

from what i can tell im **** out of luck unless i want to pay the 325 bucks for the trade in program with AGD

athomas
05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
It can be modified, but its quite a complicated procedure. Modifiying a classic RT body to fit on a standard rail involves cutting the back of the body to the proper length. Modifying the classic RT to accept a standard body involves adding a spacer on the back of the body with a hole through it to allow the banjo bolt to provide an air passage to the valve.

jmulhollen
05-26-2006, 10:26 AM
sounds like a lot of fun....lol

thank you....at least i know its possible.

REDRT
05-26-2006, 10:44 AM
The two really are not compatable.