PDA

View Full Version : RT Tech Videos Anywhere?

RT Old School
05-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Does AGD (or anyone else for that matter) have the tech videos that they sent with new markers online anywhere? I bought my old RT about ten years ago and have long since lost the VHS tape. (Would have to go to a museum to find a VCR to watch it anyways)

Thanks

nixcamic
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
I asked this a couple weeks ago, but about the pro classic, and the consensus was that noone wanted to put it online, and that there was no demand for it. Maybe now that two people have asked, we might get more attention.

RT Old School
05-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Heh, I wont hold my breath.

nixcamic
05-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah, it isn't really anything urgent, I'd just like if someone added it to the bottom of their todo list.

Chooie
05-28-2006, 03:02 PM
I could put my hand on my Classic valve VHS maintaince tape in about 4 minutes... digitizing and capturing it is another story entirely though :P

rtfire1
05-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Does AGD (or anyone else for that matter) have the tech videos that they sent with new markers online anywhere? I bought my old RT about ten years ago and have long since lost the VHS tape. (Would have to go to a museum to find a VCR to watch it anyways)

Thanks

i will look and see if i have the copy a friend made me of all the agd videos on one dvd

RT Old School
05-29-2006, 09:31 PM
i will look and see if i have the copy a friend made me of all the agd videos on one dvd

That would be sweeeeeeeeet!

Does they show Tom K.'s moustaches and mullets transitioning through the 80's and 90's?
(my secret reason for trying to track these down.)

REDRT
05-29-2006, 10:27 PM
I have an invoice back from '96 from AGD for the said video and owners manual. I got the manual, but I never got the video. What was up with that? It has been so long I even forgot. I do however have a pristine copy of the poster of the side of the house being painted with the shape of the RT left out still in the shipping tube. Kind of neat to still have after all these years.

Strider
05-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I think I have it on my computer at home as well. I'll have to verify that it's the RT video when I get home...

Strider
05-31-2006, 03:05 AM
Yeh, I've got the RT video and the regular mag video on my computer. Drop me an email or PM...

nixcamic
05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeh, I've got the RT video and the regular mag video on my computer. Drop me an email or PM...

You wouldn't mind uploading 'em to google video so everyone can view/download them would ya?

SHAG
05-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi,

THe RT video has the blonde in it. Tom's hand is the only thing that is filmed. It might have helped if they had that Sandman guy shooting the RT in that video.

"...9 shots a second. That's what the 68 Automag is all about!"

When I bought my first 68 Standard in 97, my dealer recommended me to watch the video first. Rewind, and then watch the tape again with the gun. That literally helped alot when it came to the mag.

Later,
Alan

Strider
06-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Just an update - seems I have the RT and the EMag videos, not the regular Mag video.

You wouldn't mind uploading 'em to google video so everyone can view/download them would ya?
I'm going to check with AGD first to double check that they're ok with me posting them. They gave the ok 3 years back in the original thread I got them from (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68235), but I want to make sure first..

jayloo
06-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Strider, thanks for posting that rt video. I've never seen it b4.

Besides the emag video and the classic RT video what other videos did AGD make?

Strider
06-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Okay, not all video hosting is equal. :) Google Video didn't like the framerate the emag video currently has. I haven't gotten the RT one up there yet...

However, Jayloo seems to already have the E-Mag video HERE (http://www.jayloo.com/videos/show_vid/494.html).

I've just uploaded the RT Video to Jayloo.com now, it should be available HERE (http://www.jayloo.com/videos/show_vid/2533.html). :)

EDIT - Heh, nice timing jayloo. :) AFAIK theres 3 videos; Automag, Classic RT and E-Mag. I've been in touch with warpfeedmod who originally encoded the two we have (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68235), and he's seeing if he can dig up the Mag one, I'll keep everyone abreast. :clap:

nixcamic
06-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Is there any way to download the video off of jayloo? I have a capped download limit, and so watching streaming video isn't really an option for me.

jayloo
06-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Is there any way to download the video off of jayloo? I have a capped download limit, and so watching streaming video isn't really an option for me.

The short answer is yes, the link is on the page where you watch the video. 1 thing though. In order to prevent my bandwidth from going crazy you have to have an account (which is perfectly free) . I know ... another place to sign up at...not much I can do though.

Guests and members alike can easily view the vids in a streaming format.

nixcamic
06-03-2006, 11:27 AM
The short answer is yes, the link is on the page where you watch the video. 1 thing though. In order to prevent my bandwidth from going crazy you have to have an account (which is perfectly free) . I know ... another place to sign up at...not much I can do though.

Guests and members alike can easily view the vids in a streaming format.

Yeah, for some reason I couldn't find it last time I went there. Right after I post that I go there and its staring me in the face in big bold letters..... :rolleyes:

Strider
06-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Dialup users, if you can't afford the bandwidth/time to download or view the videos, just PM me here and I'll make arrangments to get you a CD with them on it.

Big Thanks to Jayloo.com for the service!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nixcamic
06-05-2006, 12:13 AM
And big thanks to you for uploading the rt video :)

Strider
06-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Well, Google Video worked for the RT video. :)

Google Video Link (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-269545245980121180)

It's slightly better streaming resolution than Jayloo.com, but offers no download option.

nixcamic
06-06-2006, 09:20 AM
There is a download option, it just downloads to googles video format (unless you select psp as your download option :))

mag_lover05
06-06-2006, 09:37 AM
i have a vhs copy.

w00t. when i bought my mini mag from some guy, he included it.

let me know if you want it. if you pay for shipping, and like an extra 3 bux so i can get a sandwich, ill let it go :D

rtfire1
06-06-2006, 03:14 PM

can i get a copy

nixcamic
06-20-2006, 10:01 PM
No news on original mag video?

Strider
07-04-2006, 12:28 AM
No news yet, sorry. :)

50 cal
07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I have the video laying around here someplace. When I find it I'll PM you. :)

Beemer
07-09-2006, 12:42 AM
No news yet, sorry. :)

Hey did you see you are in AGDs latest news????????

AGD Emag and RT Tech Videos online. Thanks to AO member Strider for making these available.
Emag Tech Video
RT Tech Video

Here. Right side three quarters down page. http://www.airgun.com/

Strider
07-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Hehe, cool! :dance:

billmi
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I've put a high bandwidth streaming version online here:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid348382059/bclid348391304/bctid452316527

I've gotten the OK from AGD to put up all the vids, but can't find my original 'mag VHS tapes. If anyone can get tapes to me, I can do high-bandwidth encodes and hosting no problem.